Public Health Educators teach people about behaviors that promote wellness. Their duties include collecting and analyzing data, identifying community needs, evaluating programs, encouraging healthy lifestyles, assisting individuals, other professionals, or the community, and preparing and distributing health education materials.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Public Health Educator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Public Health Educator resumes for your reference.
Public Health Educator Resume Sample 1
- Developed curriculum for elementary and adult schools.
- Conceived, executed and evaluated a program to improve high school students’ success rate in the School to Work program.
- Achieved recognition as one of the top ten educators in my state.
- Received appreciation award from students who graduated from the Career Exploration Program I designed & developed.
- Presided over club that raised $75,000 to support local charitable organizations.
Public Health Educator Resume Sample 2
- Facilitated the School Lunch Program for students in the Child Nutrition Program while adhering to regulations set by the Department of Agriculture and ensuring compliance with FSA guidelines.
- Created outreach programs concerning AIDS awareness; disseminated information to school-aged adolescents and teenagers.
- Collaborated with city officials to plan an annual health fair that included interactive health activities.
- Assisted in developing a training program on lead poisoning prevention, which was presented to approximately two hundred teachers, staff members and community residents.
- Awarded director’s award; recognized by Director of Health Education for exceptional performance.
Public Health Educator Resume Sample 3
- Cited by the Superintendent of Schools for outstanding community service; administered P.H.E. courses to high school students; facilitated career presentations; assisted students in completing applications to prepare them for acceptance in college.
- Scheduled, organized, and directed a food drive that raised $3,000 towards school supplies and funds towards a track and field master plan.
- Recipient of the American Red Cross award for outstanding community service.
- Recognized by the City Health Officer for participation in the American Cancer Society Relay For Life event; organized and led a team of volunteers during the event, which raised $8,000 towards cancer research.
- Selected as a peer mentor to first year students; obtained an award for being an outstanding mentor.
Public Health Educator Resume Sample 4
- Recognized by an accrediting agency as meeting performance requirements.
- Assessed students’ ability to acquire new concepts, interpret information, and apply knowledge to problems.
- Designed educational programs to provide knowledge and understanding of key health-related issues experienced by elementary school children and their families.
- Conducted workshops for preschool children and their parents that promoted healthy lifestyles through exercise, nutrition, and promoting self-esteem.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively taught course material in order to make certain the concepts relating to AIDS were understood by the students.
Public Health Educator Resume Sample 5
- Achieved outstanding teaching award from the Piedmont Community College’s Health Services Management Department for the 2002-2003 academic year.
- Conducted health fairs for children and teens in their communities, which included exhibits about AIDS, tuberculosis, cervical cancer, and other common diseases.
- Encouraged 7th-grade students to keep fit through exercise programs with local school memberships, bought sports equipment with 3rd-grade classes, and encouraged healthy eating habits.
Public Health Educator Resume Sample 6
- Effective advanced and remedial English/Language Arts teacher; achieved recognition for excellence in teaching from the National Board of Professional Teaching Standards.
- Initiated “Teen Center;” networked with professional organizations to establish a unique tutoring program for struggling students.
- Updated GED study guide published by the State Board of Education; trained scores of educators who provided prep classes for GED recipients.
- Developed curriculum to teach effective management skills, interpersonal relations, and computer literacy skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to employees at various state agencies.
- Expanded computer-assisted instruction; created Learning Management System that is used by thousands of students statewide.
Public Health Educator Resume Sample 7
- Acquired a basic understanding of the principles of epidemiology; gained insight from reading and research.
- Commented on the affects of maternal factors, smoking, drinking, and stress on pregnancy health outcomes.
- Delivered presentation to local community regarding childhood obesity myths.
- Performed a risk assessment while assisting with the development of a health education program in which students designed their own personal action plan to help them become more physically fit.
- Participated in an exercise program; recognized by supervisor as individual who exhibited outstanding commitment to working out regularly.
Public Health Educator Resume Sample 8
- Convinced the Ambassador of a foreign country to allow an immunization program for her citizens; saved thousands of lives and prevented an outbreak of a deadly virus.
- Established a public health education program that provided in-service training to 1,200 teachers and 3,600 students using the principles of behavior modification.
- Designed a board game and computer program that taught the principles of HIV prevention to over 200 high school students.
- Conducted public speaking presentations before civic groups about AIDS prevention; received awards from Governor, Mayors’ Association and League of Women Voters for outstanding community service.
- Attended seminars and fellowships in curriculum design; conducted a training session on AIDS education.
Public Health Educator Resume Sample 9
- Organized and presented educational programs for prenatal, parenting, and senior citizen groups to promote healthy living and wellness.
- Collaborated with school officials in coordinating educational programs pertaining to HIV/AIDS awareness.
- Participated in the assessment of health needs of children in the local community by holding nutrition workshops at local elementary schools.
- Created initial school-based health program focusing on improving student attendance; observed a marked increase in attendance under program implementation.
- Created an after-school youth program based on community and peer support; reduced number of juvenile arrests by 75% within one year under program implementation.
Public Health Educator Resume Sample 10
- Involved in teaching public school students how to protect themselves from communicable diseases.
- Created teaching materials and workshops for a variety of communities.
- Provided over 185 preventative health consultations for patients on a one-on-one basis; recognized as a role model by patients.
- Trained more than 40 volunteers on the procedures of disease detection, treatment, and prevention as they serve our community·#39;s underprivileged children.
- Participated in community health fairs that provided over 10,000 people with information about preventing communicable diseases; recognized by the department for increasing health awareness among community members.
Public Health Educator Resume Sample 11
- Provided instruction for asthma and CPR classes for adults and children including: handling emergency situations and recognizing symptoms.
- Handled unexpected situations effectively such as a choking incident; helped an adult breathe until he was transported by EMS.
- Organized and directed community CPR training class. The class was well attended with a total of 33 participants.
- Served on a local committee of which the assigned task is to recruit, train, and retrain Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT); prompted three EMTs to begin training in training course assessment, pediatric CPR, and AED use.
- Participated in staff development activities designed to enhance their ability to perform and grow further in their profession.
To work as a Public Health Educator you must complete a Bachelor’s Degree in health education or health promotion or can complete the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) with exprience. Public Health Educators must demonstrate instructional, interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, writing, adaptability and flexibility skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.