An international buyer conducts research on products and purchases them for companies. An international buyer’s duties include identifying profitable opportunities, negotiating prices on products, making decisions on what products to shelve, purchasing large amounts of products, keeping financial records of purchases, and collaborating with managerial and financial staff.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best International Buyer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real International Buyer resumes for your reference.
International Buyer Resume Sample 1
- Proactively and successfully analyzed and negotiated all facets of Procurement Contracts to meet the needs of the customer within budget and deadline constraints.
- Reduced expenses and delivered exceptional customer service by developing and executing a plan to take advantage of bulk discounts for supplies, equipment, and materials.
- Concluded over 100 international business transactions worth more than $1 million by establishing trust, professionalism, and cooperation with suppliers overseas.
- Provided superior customer care for all clients by pro-actively following up on projects via phone calls, emails, faxes, letters, Fed Ex/UPS shipments; effectively communicated information.
- Completed 400+ invoices and successfully completed 150+ purchase orders within a single fiscal year.
International Buyer Resume Sample 2
- Developed the “Kaizen” philosophy in sales team with focus on continuous improvement in service, quality, and delivery.
- Effectively presented products to extremely demanding buyers in order to ensure successful sale.
- Solved problems in multiple countries by utilizing existing relationships with international distributors.
- Enhanced overall effectiveness by adapting to new situations and maintaining positive team morale.
- Accomplished annual sales goals by effectively managing time, budget, and personnel.
International Buyer Resume Sample 3
- Represented sole proprietorship ‘FAO Schwarz’ in Europe during 1-month stay; sold merchandise to foreign customers, performed public relations for company, and taught other staff.
- Served as an international representative for the company, representing it against competitors; outsold other staff ten to one; held customer interviews during business trips to Japan, Canada, and England.
- Negotiated favorable price quotes while meeting German Trade Federation’s retail prices while representing the company in negotiations that brought in over $18 million of new business.
- Received special recognition by senior management; trained staff in credit card handling; successfully negotiated international transactions for over $100 million worth of goods.
- Earned outstanding performance award by the company; successfully negotiated for export of goods to Thailand, Russia, Nigeria, Ghana, and Mexico.
International Buyer Resume Sample 4
- Defined and secured profitable purchase contracts through analysis of industry trends and global competitive offerings.
- Researched and finalized international sourcing for Asian products to reduce costs and increase efficiency across multiple industries.
- Delivered new market access and product distribution across five countries by understanding and adapting to the customs of host nations’ governments, workers, and retail buyers.
- Established contract fulfillment partnerships with Asian manufacturers; negotiated unforeseen delays with regulatory authorities.
- Introduced innovative programs that reduced risks for both companies as well as suppliers; exceeded sales predictions by 15% within first year as a project leader.
International Buyer Resume Sample 5
- Effectively created and maintained international business relationships.
- Completed 10,000+ mile purchased trip across 14 nations and purchased $500,000 worth of goods.
- Designed and implemented fulfillment system for online order fulfillment.
- Negotiated contracts with suppliers in eight different languages.
- Reduced total international purchase costs by 12% within six months by making changes to product sourcing, transportation, payment terms and processes, as well as payment plans such as volume or cash discount allowances.
International Buyer Resume Sample 6
- Secured large bulk shipments of consumer electronics products to distribute into China, Hong Kong, South Korea, Australia, and the UK.
- Managed over seventy individuals in four factories to ensure production on contract with major U.S. retailers.
- Negotiated a nine-month delay in delivery deadline for a product sold at a retailer’s Christmas season sale; maintained profit quota despite decreased product output.
- Sold sixty percent of the company’s exports for a year; ensured timely delivery by developing long-term relationships with international shipping companies and freight forwarders.
- Provided consultation to the Vice President for international strategies to develop new markets and increase profits.
International Buyer Resume Sample 7
- Wrote and sold to international suppliers and manufacturers.
- Created and implemented a strategy to develop new buyers; land deals in three Latin American nations.
- Drafted an analysis of buyer needs and wrote specifications for targeted buyers.
- Conducted customer visits and negotiated price, terms, and conditions with suppliers and manufacturers in Latin America.
- Reconciled purchase orders and invoices for exports to United States.
International Buyer Resume Sample 8
- Proven sales ability in international markets by generating quotations in five countries for major clients at a top-ten sales company.
- Trained for international inventory acquisition, ordering, and shipment of US Air Force helicopters.
- Translated oral reports into written form, including chemical formulae, run-sheets, and maintenance procedures.
- Served as an entertainment figure for the US Air Force at formal dinners for over 300 individuals from all of the Allied Nations of World War II.
- Designed and implemented new educational programs to address market needs within the government sector, including courses on foreign culture and history.
International Buyer Resume Sample 9
- Managed a budget of $800,000 with 6 employees, including 6 office staff.
- Achieved over 100% occupancy in the office space with high energy, positivity, and enthusiasm for work.
- High level of engagement with international counterparts and customers; maintained direct communication with several offices in Europe and Asia.
- Recognized for ability to ease tension and work effectively with stressed, frustrated, and angry customers.
- Performed all duties despite lack of computer training; effectively acquired strong interpersonal skills that resulted in achieving the job’s objectives.
International Buyer Resume Sample 10
- Negotiated and closed a transaction of over $400,000 during a single trip to Japan.
- Worked as customer support representative for a decade representing a large global provider of health care purchasing. Successfully developed supplier relationships throughout the world.
- Used sales techniques from sales training, professional sales incentive plans, and sales philosophy to set goals and achieve goals.
- Developed ability to maintain relationships with clients through personal interactions and follow-up contacts maintained by phone, email, or text messages that lasted up to two years after a transaction ended.
- Enjoyed job satisfaction with the knowledge that I had contributed to society; assisted customer in securing needed products and services at affordable costs.
International Buyer Resume Sample 11
- Requested advance information about price cuts that resulted in $200,000 in sales.
- Processed over 100 international orders for over $500,000 of merchandise, through U.S. Mail and FedEx.
- Gathered detailed information regarding the age and gender of each customer to gain insight into trends in purchasing activities.
- Distributed product to 45 countries via FedEx Air Expedited service, including countries with high risk of earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, volcanic eruptions etc..
- Recommended suppliers after observing unfamiliar items available at their supplier’s website; solicited additional information from the supplier’s representative at a trade show booth.
International Buyer Resume Sample 12
- Achieved recognition for outstanding sales by closing the largest international order in the company’s history.
- Completed domestic and international purchasing process with two-way communication utilizing multiple communication methods.
- Promoted to the position of Director of Operations for North American Operations, prior to which I was Director of Billing and Sales.
- Organized communication between overseas business partners to meet deadlines resulting in over $6,000,000 deal.
- Won large contract with Bextra Pharmaceuticals for International manufacturer’s license entitlements. This consisted of seven seats of our product line.
International Buyer Resume Sample 13
- Acquired international sales expertise through direct dealing with vendors.
- Proved ability to accomplish goals, including presentation of presentation at international companies, during training at the International Sales Coaching Forum.
- Negotiated the sale of an all-weather sport utility vehicle from a company in Mexico to a patriotic American in Arizona.
- Maintained the highest sales percentage average during a September holiday season for one of America’s largest multi-product retailers.
- Motivated clients with positive personal contact, excellent communication skills, and outstanding negotiation skills to successfully complete sales transactions.
To become an international buyer, at least a bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or a related field is required, in addition to years of experience. An international buyer must keep current on financial trends, must be analytical, must have excellent business acumen, must have excellent interpersonal skills, must have excellent communication skills, must be adaptable, and must have excellent negotiation skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best International Buyer Resume Samples
- International Buyer Resume Sample 1
- International Buyer Resume Sample 2
- International Buyer Resume Sample 3
- International Buyer Resume Sample 4
- International Buyer Resume Sample 5
- International Buyer Resume Sample 6
- International Buyer Resume Sample 7
- International Buyer Resume Sample 8
- International Buyer Resume Sample 9
- International Buyer Resume Sample 10
- International Buyer Resume Sample 11
- International Buyer Resume Sample 12
- International Buyer Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up