A pipe welder specializes in welding pipes often for plumbing or HVAC purposes. Pipe welders purchase materials, plan welding projects, work with contractors on outsourced jobs, weld different materials of varying sizes, utilize and clean welding equipment, and adhere to safety regulations for their profession.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Pipe Welder Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Pipe Welder resumes for your reference.
Pipe Welder Resume Sample 1
- Performed over 500 welds on steel 200 to 250 pounds in excess of the required 150% of strength, welding arc times faster than stated on job documents.
- Coordinated and welded 6 to 7-inch steel pipe, using the burn-through technique, to successfully accomplish a difficult 550 degree F. weld.
- Completed welding projects within budget and on schedule, by using audio and video recording equipment to aid in the standardization of future projects.
- Installed 60 continuous lengths of pipe and connected them together without a single mistake or leak on two complexes for Dunlop Tires.
- Re-welded an entire 80 foot crane due to damage caused by the shifting of sediment on the foundation while erecting elevators in an undersea hotel; prevented loss of life of patrons due to collapse.
Pipe Welder Resume Sample 2
- Welded a variety of piping products and provided quality workmanship, which resulted in the completion of sixteen commercial projects.
- Operated an Acme Diehl 400 six-man electromagnetically controlled welding machine with one other worker handling shield gas, torch operators, and material handlers.
- Used hand tools such as beveling shears, flanging machines, and cutting torches to cut off pipe ends.
- Trained students to produce welded pipe in accordance with blueprints and welding specifications for three basic parts of several projects.
- Learned to use angle grinder and track saw.
Pipe Welder Resume Sample 3
- Communicated with contractors and delegated tasks effectively to meet completion of multiple construction jobs in less than two weeks.
- Planned, created, and maintained a detailed blue print record/database with over 200 records.
- Demonstrated an accurate knowledge of pipe welding equipment and processes while working as a welder on construction sites.
- Took initiative to seek additional training in new methods and technologies that would help zone to the company’s goal of reducing lost workdays within the company by 50%.
- Recognized for outstanding workmanship by the international association of Iron Workers for certifying me as a certified iron worker union plumber welder.
Pipe Welder Resume Sample 4
- Earned recognition as a supervisory welder for the construction of large-scale, commercial buildings.
- Contributed to the successful completion of a building project in an expeditious manner in preparation for its completion date.
- Created new openings within an organization by recognizing appropriate use of equipment and time in a timely manner to complete tasks proficiently and efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust individual work tasks while keeping employees informed of new job responsibilities.
- Began work at 7 AM, completed job tasks by 6 PM; completed remaining projects on time, with no delays.
Pipe Welder Resume Sample 5
- Maintained and repaired 100+ pipe welds during 28-day project.
- Successfully completed installation of 46 structural steel columns into the cantilever portion of a 60′ tall, 1,100 HP welding tower for the Houston Astros’ new stadium.
- Relied upon experience from civil construction to a large extent in addition to skills learned through consistent vocational training.
- Manufactured, installed and repaired hydraulic piping systems throughout an 80 plus-acre property. Additionally, set up, supervised, and assisted with pipe fabrication on a regular basis.
- Maintained and repaired 100+ pipe welds in a 30-day project.
Pipe Welder Resume Sample 6
- Accomplished project management and fabrication skills during the completion of all projects on time, under budget, and on schedule.
- Demonstrated first-hand knowledge of pipe welding processes including pipe bending, pipe weld cutting, pipe welding, seat ironing, clean-up inspections, inspection records and reports.
- Demonstrated an ability to command a large team in the execution of a project.
- Writes effective business reports for customers who then recognize and reward this level of service.
- Developed relationships based on employee and customer satisfaction; promoted the further training, development, and success of others.
Pipe Welder Resume Sample 7
- Welded up to six 36″ diameter pipes together in a matter of hours; the job was completed in a timely manner, despite extreme weather conditions.
- Achieved repeat business by collaborating with Operations Manager to provide Professional Contractor Solutions (PCS) for clients who required specialized equipment and pipe-related services.
- Helped the company win several contracts with large manufacturers by providing “on-call” 24/7 emergency services and resolving difficulties that arose unexpectedly.
- Began my career as an apprentice, but after ten years obtained a promotion to supervisor due to my hard work and dedication.
- Formed new relationships to extend business opportunities by networking with other local contractors.
Pipe Welder Resume Sample 8
- Consistently welded heavy gage steel from 20 to 100 pounds per square inch with a .035 inch electro-hydraulic pulse welder.
- Welded piping and equipment for chemicals, oil, and food products for the following industries: clothing, agricultural chemicals, canned goods, bags and sacks of flour, grain, and rice.
- Utilized bucking bar to pry open seams; sealed them back up after grinding to specifications.
- Used acetylene torch at temperatures over 6000 degrees F; directed heat toward metal to remove metal while using instrument called a dolly to manipulate metal into position along with other tools.
- Used the following instruments to manipulate metal: chipping hammer; common bar; bick bar; and elbow bars.
Pipe Welder Resume Sample 9
- Welded more than 17,500 linear feet of pipe in wastewater and potable water supply systems.
- Ensured strict adherence to National Codes by welding to American Welding Society (AWS) standards; annual certification by AWS.
- Trained five new welders; personally trained three of them.
- Coordinated installation of 42 valves; this coordination included consultation with engineers, architects, and owners to ensure tight schedules during my off hours.
- Achieved one million dollars in revenue for employer through work completed in a six-month period.
Pipe Welder Resume Sample 10
- Installed and repaired domestic and industrial piping systems.
- Wrote detailed schematics for vapor barriers, pipe support, fire sprinkler heads, and pedestal chokes.
- Passed a certification exam in pipe welding (three months).
- Achieved award for great job performance as established by employer after ten years of employment with the company.
- Defended clients’ rights against unscrupulous contractors during five years of negotiations between the company and the client’s architect.
Pipe Welder Resume Sample 11
- Incorporated existing pipe welding skills of over 1,000 hours into a new craft and new type of welding operation.
- Worked with other sections to plan and complete the job on time and within budget.
- Trained other welders before and after first contactor’s absence, with the skills and confidence to maintain flow in a smooth fashion.
- Conducted work in the most efficient manner by completing each task before moving onto the next job.
- Received outstanding quality award; maintaining a clear presentation of what was to be accomplished and how it would be done.
Pipe Welder Resume Sample 12
- Assembled highly visible, water-efficient and energy-saving HVAC systems to the highest industry standards.
- Wrote detailed blueprints and made tangible, life-saving contributions to numerous re housing projects.
- Harmonized with all trade unions in the construction industry and guided their negotiations on site.
- Performed high pressure welding of steel pipe during rush hours and at night in un-airconditioned temperatures.
- Achieved two highest honors during our department’s ‘Best Of’ awards for exceptional integrity, teamwork, skill, dedication, and professionalism.
No higher education is necessary to become a pipe welder, but welding training and certification is required to work on jobs. Pipe welders must be able to retain knowledge of procedures, demonstrate construction aptitude, follow detailed instructions, withstand physical exertion, work long hours, network, and work at a quick pace.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.