An Internist provides nonsurgical treatment for patients with diseases and injuries to their internal organs. Their responsibilities include diagnosing, recordkeeping, assessing patients, providing specialized treatment, developing treatment plans, and coordinating with medical staff.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Internist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Internist resumes for your reference.
Internist Resume Sample 1
- Fostered superior office relations; demonstrated leadership qualities by organizing and coordinating annual holiday parties for staff.
- Achieved award as a top-selling travel consultant; consistently exceeded sales quotas.
- Proven record of working well with others; received the outstanding award for teamwork, resulting in reduced stress level and improved productivity.
- Earned recognition as a top performance team member; frequent contributor to staff seminar program where I gained information regarding changes to electronic medical records and billing procedures.
- Worked closely with nursing supervisor to ensure smooth operations of the clinic during absent physician coverage.
Internist Resume Sample 2
- Achieved top grade for attending monthly staff meetings.
- Received recognition for excellent knowledge, attention to detail, and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Received outstanding service award for aiding physicians in making medical decisions via Medical Staffing (MedStaffing.com website).
- Recognized excellence in providing clerical leadership by the Chief of Staff; compiled clinical data via EHR (Electronic Health Record) platform.
- Recognized excellence in providing non-clinical administrative leadership by the Chief of Staff; effectively facilitated physician to patient management via MedStaffing (MedStaffing.com website).
Internist Resume Sample 3
- Proficiently handled 6-10 incoming calls each day; provided accurate, timely information to callers.
- Obtained hospital donations for cancer research; recognized by the American Cancer Society for contributions.
- Improved efficiency of medical record retrieval process; decreased wait time from 1 hour to 20 minutes.
- Warranted a promotion based on positive feedback from nurses regarding my performance as a receptionist.
- Maintained office supplies inventory according to department policy and procedure, while reducing the cost of supplies by 5%.
Internist Resume Sample 4
- Accomplished assignment in less than 30 days.
- Accommodated co-workers by keeping up with patient charts and paperwork.
- Co-ordinated daily activities with service representatives.
- Responsible for coordinating work schedules for other clinicians, assisting the medical records department, and supervising interns and residents during their shifts.
- Recognized by the Director of Internal Medicine for performance that exceeds expectations; provided exceptional care to patients.
Internist Resume Sample 5
- Enforced clinical standards of care for patient treatment.
- Achieved compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Obtained permission from authorized personnel to provide information to patients and their families regarding patients’ health conditions.
- Effectively communicated with a diverse community of people via verbal and written communications in English and Spanish.
- Achieved certification from a state agency in medical record documentation requirements for medical malpractice laws.
Internist Resume Sample 6
- Reported to the Chief Medical Officer, offering suggestions for improvement of department efficiency, and increasing patient satisfaction.
- Provided planning and implementation of policies for new programs initiated by the hospital, including arrangements for continuing education of department staff.
- Presented medical staff with an innovative plan to increase productivity and improve service.
- Trained a temporary employee in delegated duties, resulting in cost savings and increased production to the unit.
- Achieved a position as a Chief Medical Officer within 5 years due to my superior administrative ability which increased employee morale and increased employee retention rate as well as improved patient care.
Internist Resume Sample 7
- Performed daily tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Maintained a clear and concise medical history for all of the staff on the unit.
- Strived to maintain a safe and healthy environment at all times.
- Followed safety procedures when handling instruments, equipment, and medications.
- Used proper operating procedures when performing duties, i.e., setting up patient records, medication administration forms, etc.
Internist Resume Sample 8
- Received outstanding student performance for over 50% in-class attendance.
- Earned top customer service/quality award for assisting over 200 patients by providing medical advice, interpreting test results, and responding to questions.
- Achieved award for exceptional service; effectively scheduled appointments with patients and scheduled follow-up calls to assist with payment arrangements.
- Received outstanding quality award; completed all required paperwork efficiently and effectively.
- Received outstanding student performance for exceeding 80% accuracy in data entry of patient records into the computer system at the end of each day.
Internist Resume Sample 9
- Achieved recognition as a clinical reference source for the medical staff; completed all responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Uncovered and reported delays in inpatient care by other departments and initiated corrective action; recognized as an asset to the hospital by the Medical Director.
- Played a vital role in reducing operating costs by improving efficiency and updating staffing patterns; recognized for outstanding performance winning annual cost savings award.
- Provided medical coverage for the hospital in a timely and professional manner; expanded role to provide medical coverage for remote sites and effectively replaced a physician.
- Received appreciation award for providing “ad lib” coverage during on-call physician absence; effectively addressed the needs of hospital staff and patients.
Internist Resume Sample 10
- Assisted administrators in tracking patient appointment schedules. Also, proofread charts of physicians.
- Identified opportunities to decrease the cost of having outside vendors test for diabetes.
- Initiated a system of send-and-receive faxes for study results between the hospital and a laboratory.
- Created a spreadsheet that tracked narcotics that were dropped off by patients to be destroyed, and thus maintained accuracy in accounting records as well as legality regarding prescriptions. Established strong relations with local law enforcement officials as a result of my initiative. This is an example where key phrases can be used to give you insight into what is most important to the client. You can use that insight to focus on the most important words in the sentence.
- Increased revenue by directing clinic information to the appropriate area.
Internist Resume Sample 11
- Received outstanding quality appreciation award from a fellow employee.
- Received outstanding quality appreciation award from a supervisor.
- Detailed patient information for electronic medical record system.
- Managed multiple patient files, including medical charts and medication dispensing requirements, in a well-organized manner.
- Received award for exceptional customer service; effectively compiled data regarding medical information and patient records.
Internist Resume Sample 12
- Streamlined the medical group’s data entry process by reducing its turnaround time from five days to twenty-four hours.
- Achieved a ninety-six percent billing accuracy rate.
- Achieved a four-year inventory turnover rate of nine weeks.
- Redesigned phone system that facilitated error-free calls and positive customer feedback.
- Trained three new employees in only two days, resulting in the elimination of several errors resulting from gaps in training.
Internist Resume Sample 13
- Provided outstanding customer service to patients and referring physicians, while maintaining a billing average of 95%.
- Demonstrated exceptional accuracy in preparing and submitting claims to health insurance companies.
- Received outstanding quality award; documented claims in computerized format with special attention to compliance issues.
- Met daily deadlines in a timely fashion; possessed an up-to-date knowledge of current computer applications.
- Received outstanding quality award; received recognition for providing excellent customer service by the patient’s physician and hospital.
Internist Resume Sample 14
- Recognized by the Program Director for increasing efficiency by scanning and faxing patient files; increased capacity of the program, which in turn produced a higher quality and more efficient delivery of services.
- Performed clerical duties in support of the medical records department; proficient at copying and filing.
- Recognized by the Medical Center’s Executive Director for adherence to established standards; consistently performed clerical duties with excellence and efficiency.
- Received commendation for exemplary performance from the Medical Center’s Executive Director; completed all tasks in a timely manner, cared about patient welfare, and was enthusiastic when working with physicians.
- Recognized by the Medical Center’s Executive Director for exceptional performance in the areas of patient care, constant integrity, and superior organizational skills; received grants for contributing to the Medical Center’s mission by increasing services.
To become an Internist, you need an undergraduate degree in pre-medical education or a related field, in addition to graduation from medical school and a residency in a medical facility. An Internist must be empathetic, must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, must be adaptable, must be analytical, must have excellent communication skills, must have excellent interpersonal skills, and must keep current with medical trends.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Internist Resume Samples
- Internist Resume Sample 1
- Internist Resume Sample 2
- Internist Resume Sample 3
- Internist Resume Sample 4
- Internist Resume Sample 5
- Internist Resume Sample 6
- Internist Resume Sample 7
- Internist Resume Sample 8
- Internist Resume Sample 9
- Internist Resume Sample 10
- Internist Resume Sample 11
- Internist Resume Sample 12
- Internist Resume Sample 13
- Internist Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up