Information Technology coordinators are tasked with optimizing an organization’s information technology systems. Their duties include helping to develop overall IT goals, handling daily help requests, troubleshooting, tracking orders and invoices, maintaining licensures, renewing upgrades, installing software, and updating software.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best IT Coordinator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real IT Coordinator resumes for your reference.
IT Coordinator Resume Sample 1
- Managed installation of new computer systems at two locations for 200 users.
- Cleared all security audits and identified areas for improvement.
- Spearheaded efforts to adopt a system-wide password standard saving the organization thousands of dollars annually in reduced support costs.
- Monitored operations to avoid downtime, maintain performance levels, and provide advice on system upgrades.
- Authored SOPs that have been adopted as management policy resulting in increased productivity across multiple departments within the organization.
IT Coordinator Resume Sample 2
- Trained users on software packages (i.e., Adobe, Microsoft Office); maintained system by updating procedures manuals and knowledge base with changes to computer programs.
- Progressed from Phone Operator to Help Desk Technician in under two years; recognized for providing timely responses to email messages where accuracy was critical.
- Conducted server upgrades while ensuring all data was safe, secure, and accessible.
- Provided 2-hour response window during peak periods for over 300 users hosting multiple websites supporting various internet applications including e-mail accounts using state of the art hardware, software, network infrastructure systems at a cost effective price with no downtime or disruption of service.
- Improved company-wide internet speed by 50 percent with the installation of new Cisco router.
IT Coordinator Resume Sample 3
- Designed and developed a new software application to support the monitoring of all network systems.
- Spearheaded a data security project, saving our organization US$200,000 a year by preventing a virus from disabling the main server.
- Oversaw the installation of a new phone system.
- Supervised the development of quarterly reports used to monitor all device performance.
- Authored a guide for users to troubleshoot software problems and determine whether a hardware or software issue is causing the problem.
IT Coordinator Resume Sample 4
- Improved a team’s software development process by 40 percent through standardization and enforcing best practices.
- Managed a help desk, ensuring that users were satisfied with their issues being resolved quickly and professionally.
- Devised an automated provisioning workflow to streamline the process of adding new employees to our service management system for managing technology.
- Improved network performance by implementing QoS (Quality of Service) on all routers and switches as well as using Wireshark to monitor traffic levels.
- Deployed 1000 Apple iPads within 4 months, saving over 100 man-hours in support calls; recognized with award for outstanding customer satisfaction performance.
IT Coordinator Resume Sample 5
- Identified, researched, and resolved multiple information technology problems for customers at all levels of the organization.
- Streamlined call processing process to maximize efficiency.
- Achieved award for exemplary service; accurately dealt with customer inquiries involving computer hardware/software installation, usage, and support services.
- Resolved issue that was impeding systems’ performance by optimizing disk storage space on servers using customized scripts.
- Improved company’s data backup accuracy by streamlining the security log monitoring process through automation of custom scripts.
IT Coordinator Resume Sample 6
- Authored software documentation to facilitate business process automation.
- Identified $50,000 in savings related to the firm’s remote access policies and procedures through improved security.
- Developed documentation for mitigating risk of fraudulent activity on credit card transactions supporting executives with legal counsel.
- Designed internal website application to allow staff access to internal documents while reducing paper printing needs.
- Saved organization over $100,000 by developing software program for processing new patient registration forms at the hospital’s urgent care facility.
IT Coordinator Resume Sample 7
- Ensured 100% uptime during first quarter as IT Coordinator, reduced it to 99.8% in second quarter and 98.3% in third quarter according to service level agreement by improving network monitoring and implementing a failover plan for servers instead of hot spares.
- Provided technical support and troubleshooting on over 50 computer models for staff located throughout OC, increasing mobility and productivity of employees through education and implementation of new technologies such as VoIP, Chip PC’s, Tablet PCs, Wide Area Workforce Optimization project, etc.
- Identified $45K annual savings after changing from Sprint cell phone services to Cingular Wireless by negotiating a lower rate with a higher data package.
- Eliminated $60K annual costs by decreasing reliance on third party support companies through in-house training, resulting in 100% resolution rate for all customer submitted tickets.
- Standardized company-wide technical standards and documentation after writing updated policies; enabled an increase in ROI by 40%.
IT Coordinator Resume Sample 8
- Monitored uptime of all servers, maintained a documented process for incident response and resolution.
- Troubleshot multiple complex problems simultaneously to resolve them including downloading appropriate patches and data recovery procedures.
- Assisted in the creation of an Internet Report on new technologies being rolled out at Company A; delivered via webinar to executives across the country.
- Developed a framework for e-mail server space management by creating a system that monitored current usage and flagged users who were approaching their limit.
- Created processes to ensure employee compliance with System Security Policy which included user IDs, passwords, account lockouts, tracking failed logins from IP addresses, and resetting passwords after mandatory change intervals.
IT Coordinator Resume Sample 9
- Monitored and managed the distribution of company mailboxes for employees, which included email accounts, contacts, calendars, tasks, and notes.
- Liaised with IT professionals to add or remove access on shared files and directories; updating permissions on network shares as needed using Active Directory Users and Groups.
- Troubleshooted reported hardware issues on desktops and laptops ranging from slow speeds to video display malfunctions; diagnosed problems and provided resolutions.
- Supervised equipment installation of new computers into the existing environment while ensuring standard security policies were enforced; conducted audits of user security settings.
IT Coordinator Resume Sample 10
- Updated, troubleshooted and upgraded PCs, laptops, printers, servers and various software packages.
- Administered user’s Windows domain accounts for 150 users in a network of 20 workstations.
- Provided day-to-day technical support to employees through walk-in visits and phone calls from the Help Desk. Assisted in hiring new technicians.
- Promoted from Technician I within one year by demonstrating outstanding data analysis skills when resolving virus infections with 100% success rates.
- Improved customer satisfaction scores from 787 in 2005 to 857 in 2006 based on NPS feedback survey ratings. Achieved top survey rating of 9 out of 10.
IT Coordinator Resume Sample 11
- Managed and installed new office computers and software for program deployment, including printer installation.
- Presented a training session on document imaging to share best practices with staff.
- Redesigned the main company website in HTML 5 to increase user friendliness and product sales.
- Spearheaded data analysis efforts by recommending changes in business process, improving customer service levels and increasing productivity.
- Optimized databases and developed database queries to identify groups of patients who had not yet received vaccine doses and sent automatic notifications requesting follow-up information.
To work as an IT coordinator, you usually need a bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology. IT coordinators must understand computer programming language and software development, be able to think critically, be decisive, be able to explain end-user issues to other IT staff, be able to explain technical terms to end-users, have strong organizational skills, have patience, and display leadership to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.