Intake Specialists work in the medical field to help direct people to services they need. Their duties include talking directly with patients and their families, determining their needs, medical history, physical and mental state, and requirements.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Intake Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Intake Specialist resumes for your reference.
Intake Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Hired to collect and record information for patient file, thereby reducing the amount of time doctors spent with each patient.
- Conducted telephone interviews with patients to determine their medical needs and also to ensure that all information was sufficiently documented in the patients’ files.
- Made referrals to specialists as needed and trained other staff members regarding accurate entry of new data in computer system; received a customer service award for exceptional performance.
- Maintained the highest number of active patient files, thereby increasing the number of patients that could be seen at peak times.
- Improved the intake department’s customer service by handling customer complaints and requests for information with tremendous efficiency.
Intake Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Assisted various departments with a variety of tasks including opening, scanning, and processing documents.
- Maintained all forms for consistent filing by department.
- Managed the tracking of all files, correspondence, and documents concerning clients requiring additional assistance in obtaining government benefits such as Medicaid and Supplemental Educational Grants (SEOG).
- Refined organizational skills acquired from multiple positions to manage files from intake to completion.
- Aided clients with questions concerning status and next steps in the process.
Intake Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Optically scanned, classified, and processed in excess of 10,000 subject files and/or 50,000 pages per month.
- Processed documents for archiving and disposal to ensure compliance with federal regulations.
- Served as liaison between the company and customers by being aware of internal opportunities for improvement and presenting them to management.
- Presented training programs on proper filing procedures to all new hires during their first week of employment; assisted in improving the company’s filing system from a manual access model to a computerized database.
- Received outstanding employee service award for consistently going above the call of duty.
Intake Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Provided counseling to clients regarding social services, grants, and other community resources.
- Provided administrative support for the CARE organization; completed phone calls and correspondence.
- Gathered data through interviews with all clients seeking services; met with the board of directors weekly to discuss the programs activities and improvements needed.
- Requested funding from state service providers for local grant proposals.
- Supervised interns on a weekly basis to ensure that business goals were met in a timely manner for grant documents and funding documentation.
Intake Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Minimized wait times for both individuals and businesses.
- Utilized criteria to assist callers in identifying benefits, departments, goals and service options available to them.
- Worked as a phone triage specialist in a call center environment, providing basic information regarding pertinent services.
- Utilized initiative and initiative plus the ability to problem solve; applied program management software at the agency level during self-directed learning experiences.
- Oversaw six new positions within the organization by applying knowledge of human resources procedures; planned, organized, and implemented performance evaluations in accordance with organizational policy.
Intake Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Respected as an exceptional problem-solver and self-starter.
- Recognized by management for consistently exceeding expectations in handling complex and demanding work with integrity and precision.
- Formally recognized by academic dean as one of the two top students in Human Resources since the program’s inception.
- Achieved outstanding performance rating in all supervisor evaluations since beginning employment.
- Recognized as a team member who consistently exhibited positive attitude, motivation, leadership, and ability to handle the demands of any given assignment with creativity, diversity and enthusiasm.
Intake Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Validated and screened new applications to ensure eligibility; provided appropriate interpretation of all policies and procedures.
- Handled case management within assigned caseload as well as phone calls from clients and non-profit contacts regarding their benefits cases.
- Accomplished analysis of pending claims, programs, and services to project future reimbursement costs.
- Refined processing methods in order to establish a more efficient intake system.
- Accomplished advancement through self-motivated action toward personal goals.
Intake Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Extracted confidential documents, correspondence, and memoranda of highly sensitive material from over 100 high-level individuals.
- Obtained necessary approvals, cleared background check requirements, and conducted the interview process necessary to ensure safety of the nation’s nuclear weapons storage sites.
- Reganed trust in seniors by guiding them through the federal government’s complex tax information program.
- Achieved a self-employed income level of $100,000 within three years by working part-time and investing pension funds.
- Developed an innovative system to alert customers on time, weather cancellation of air travel; corrected flight delays within one hour of notification.
Intake Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Established strong rapport with children in group homes by demonstrating patience, knowledge, and concern.
- Proactively identified job responsibilities and performed with satisfaction.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities by volunteering in day care center as a teacher’s aide.
- Distinguished myself by consistently exceeding expectations during the last two years.
- Demonstrated recognition of excellence during last two years, including continuous improvement efforts.
Intake Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Delivered outstanding customer service to hundreds of callers by greeting, scheduling, and directing calls in a courteous and professional manner.
- Analyzed, calculated, and tracked time for 900 intake specialists for over 7,000 phone calls. Established a high level of proficiency in this position within the company.
- Prepared nine months of documentation to show calculation accuracy for both phone and paper-based intakes. Maintained high quality in all aspects personal performance evaluation from supervisors.
- Continued academic excellence by receiving highest possible grade on an aptitude exam; maintained personal record as class valedictorian.
- Received award for delivering exemplary service while maintaining a 99% on-time call-response ratio.
Intake Specialist Resume Sample 11
- Managed customer complaints and handled customer requests, compliments, and concerns in a professional manner.
- Provided excellent customer service while maintaining an exceptional attitude through all interactions with customers.
- Performed job functions as assigned to maintain high quality standards and exceptional customer service.
- Visited customers’ homes to provide additional information regarding benefits and services.
- Mastered outlining/performing pre/post-service work and special projects as assigned by supervisor.
Intake Specialist Resume Sample 12
- Managed, administered, and coordinated the flow of information and applications for over 6,000 customers.
- Aided in achieving new record high of daily calls answered by an average of six minutes.
- Designed, implemented, and directed a computerized customer database system; updates were performed in less than two hours per week.
- Obtained four awards for outstanding performance as a customer service representative; all training done on own initiative with no additional compensation or benefits.
- Achieved excellent working relationship with Internal Quality Control Division; QA auditors confirmed that only first-quality products were mailed to customers via U.S. mail.
Intake Specialist Resume Sample 13
- Performed procedures for successful completion of orientation.
- Promoted courteous, cooperative, and effective interpersonal relationships with student and colleagues alike.
- Contributed to a department’s status as a learning environment by initiating and promoting programs that improved co-worker competence in procedures.
- Achieved qualifications for promotion by displaying an innovative attitude towards processing responsibilities with exceptional ability to utilize past experience to solve problems most effectively.
- Developed personal relationships with clients through the use of positive verbal communication; gained trust and understanding of employees’ goals for their work lives because of the credibility they had built through constructive criticism skills which enhanced confidence in helping people resolve their problems.
To work as an Intake Specialist, most jobs only require a high school diploma or GED. Some prefer a bachelor’s degree in behavioral science, data management or a similar field. Some jobs you will only need previous on the job experience. Intake Specialists have critical thinking and problem -solving skills. They also pay attention to detail, have patience, compassion and communication skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.