Construction Accountants are the financial managers of construction-related companies and organizations. Their duties include managing the company’s accounts and financial records, writing and reviewing financial and budgeting reports, implementing financial plans, keeping records of insurance and contract agreements, ensuring contractors are paid, monitoring budget changes, and reconciling major purchase orders.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Construction Accountant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Construction Accountant resumes for your reference.
Construction Accountant Resume Sample 1
- Produced fragmented, disorganized documentation for a variety of companies.
- Achieved a bachelor’s degree in accounting and a minor in business administration from the State University at Albany.
- Received high marks on written communications tests given by employers and received honorable mention as a team member of the top 5% of employees as rated by their managers.
- Determined which firms received the most credit for production and the cost of production.
- Received an award for outstanding quality in producing company accounts receivable.
Construction Accountant Resume Sample 2
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to construction jobs.
- Had superior knowledge of construction industry products and services; carefully reviewed construction contract documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret, and present financial statements.
- Attained highly coveted recognition as one of the top ten employees in the company; effectively completed and complied with corporate and regulatory requirements.
Construction Accountant Resume Sample 3
- Successfully managed a high-profile executive’s schedule and delivered presentations to increase employee morale.
- Accurately researched and summarized company stock performance; prepared data for use by the board of directors.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had applied for a loan; effectively handled highly sensitive information.
- Exceptional computer skills and ability to learn new programs quickly; provided technical support for company staff.
- Handled rapid change in job responsibilities; routinely met aggressive deadlines without adversely impacting office productivity or personal life.
Construction Accountant Resume Sample 4
- Achieved superior performance on a project audit.
- Maintained a healthy cash balance on construction project accounts from beginning to end.
- Contracted with the General Contractor on time, within budget, and without changes.
- Managed and supervised a team of 4 accountants and 2 tax analysts in completing an IRS audit of two different companies. Made sure the office was completely prepared for the audit.
- Achieved award for accurate and timely accounting reports; effectively titled and closed out accounts at the close of each quarter.
Construction Accountant Resume Sample 5
- Prepared and submitted monthly and annual financial reports and documentation to be audited by the General Accounting Office.
- Personally trained and supervised the preparation of monthly financial reports for construction projects in high-risk areas where I supervised fieldwork.
- Reviewed cost estimates of specific jobs for problems such as soft costs, subcontractors’ payment proceeds, and contingencies.
- Developed quality control procedures to evaluate the quality of fieldwork by ensuring that clients’ funds were used properly without jeopardizing their health, safety, or welfare.
- Personally reviewed or supervised all documents related to a job or group of jobs before assigning a member of the crew to a specific job.
Construction Accountant Resume Sample 6
- Achieved award for achievement of performance milestones; signed off on construction contractor’s invoices, reviewed payroll records, and scrutinized subcontractors’ earnings to ensure accuracy of vendor’s invoices.
- Avoided unsound practices by developing a project cost tracking system; analyzed data, assessed trends to formulate estimates.
- Achieved award for outstanding contributions; deployed sound accounting practices resulting in image recognition.
- Gains recognition as an expert in international accounting; completed project budgeting and variance analyses during the year-end review.
- Handled more than 5 major projects at one time by quickly making adjustments to suit each client’s needs; handled the flow of funds and completion of transfer documents.
Construction Accountant Resume Sample 7
- Achieved excellence in CPA review/exam preparation; contributed to an organization’s bottom line with a full understanding of all rules and regulations.
- Designed accurate financial reports for the company’s construction division; received reward for exceptional performance.
- Maintained the books and records of the company’s construction division; received the award for excellence over a year period.
- Collected, analyzed, and reconciled revenues, costs, margins, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventories, loans receivable, and loans payable.
- Reimbursed funds to vendors on time under regulated terms. Secured company property against note collectors.
Construction Accountant Resume Sample 8
- Adjusted compensation and W-2s according to respective state guidelines.
- Reconciled monthly payroll accounts and prepared year-end Federal, State, and Local tax returns.
- Accurately comprised monthly accounts payable and payroll reports to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Confirmed the completeness of invoices by comparing purchase orders with vendor statements.
- Identified instances where effective business practices were not being followed; made recommendations to implement the changes necessary to conform to corporate policies and procedures.
Construction Accountant Resume Sample 9
- Conducted a comprehensive audit of a company’s assets for sale to ensure that assets were valued correctly and that contracts were in compliance with the company’s policies.
- Became a valued asset in the management team by providing quality financial information regarding construction projects to help the company remain profitable.
- Earned respect from fellow associates by creating a system with innovative practices for subcontractor payments involving six-figure amounts.
- Set up accounting policies and procedures for all phases of construction project management in order to adapt current company needs.
- Created a loan policy manual used in all phases of financing construction projects, including business development, budgeting, and banking relationships.
Construction Accountant Resume Sample 10
- Effectively monitored a budget of $15,000,000 for construction projects.
- Used Microsoft Excel to produce accounting reports; increased productivity by 50% and improved department efficiency.
- Earned appreciation for increasing revenue; developed an effective marketing campaign that increased sales by 25%.
- Streamlined accounting department’s job responsibilities, saving the company $100,000 in personnel costs.
- Closed a sale of over $250,000 by effectively communicating the benefits and features of our product; brought in new customers who purchased multiple products.
Construction Accountant Resume Sample 11
- Utilized process to prepare documentation pertaining to the work performed.
- Evaluated performance standards of construction accounting staff.
- Contributed to the creation of productivity standards, which would improve the level of service provided by all construction accounting personnel.
- Collaborated with others to develop a cost analysis program, which would enhance the financial forecasting capability of the organization.
- Reviewed the status of financial forecasting projects, identified factors that hindered the completion of projects on schedule, and recommended areas in which additional resources could have been utilized to meet project deadlines.
Construction Accountant Resume Sample 12
- Verified and reviewed financial statements to determine accuracy, including a balance sheet, statement of income, statement of cash receipts and disbursements, and a statement of changes in financial position.
- Identified errors or omissions from unit accountants’ records; worked to resolve discrepancies.
- Certified payroll tax information for accuracy; worked to resolve discrepancies.
- Maintained security over all financial reports by creating a password system that was used for all accounting firms’ projects.
- Worked with other team members to create a database system that was capable of being used by multiple clients to decrease the workload on the finance staff.
Construction Accountant Resume Sample 13
- Accurately analyzed loan applications to support the firm’s loan servicing, underwriting, and accounting procedures.
- Gave lectures on accounting subjects to students at the University of Phoenix.
- Participated in the construction of two homes in North Phoenix for purchase by minority families.
- Was awarded recognition for outstanding performance in an accounting class.
- Received “Outstanding” ratings from the department manager when receiving credit for coursework/exams/tests.
To work as one, a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or construction management is needed, alongside at least 3-5 years of experience. Construction Accountants must demonstrate strong math, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills, as well as be detail-oriented, accurate, and organized.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Construction Accountant Resume Samples
- Construction Accountant Resume Sample 1
- Construction Accountant Resume Sample 2
- Construction Accountant Resume Sample 3
- Construction Accountant Resume Sample 4
- Construction Accountant Resume Sample 5
- Construction Accountant Resume Sample 6
- Construction Accountant Resume Sample 7
- Construction Accountant Resume Sample 8
- Construction Accountant Resume Sample 9
- Construction Accountant Resume Sample 10
- Construction Accountant Resume Sample 11
- Construction Accountant Resume Sample 12
- Construction Accountant Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up