Academic coaches tutor and mentor students to achieve their academic goals. Their main duties include assisting students to identify their strengths and weaknesses, tracking students’ progress towards their goals, motivating and counselling students, creating lessons plans for students, tutoring students in various subjects and building a relationship with students.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Academic Coach Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Academic Coach resumes for your reference.
Academic Coach Resume Sample 1
- Learned and applied the NWEA MAP testing system, and correctly analyzed results to improve student test scores.
- Motivated students to reach specific academic goals, and identified long-term strategies for success in core courses.
- Provided students with study and research strategies to help them obtain better grades.
- Trained teachers to effectively use technology in the classroom; provided an example of how teachers can incorporate technology into their lesson plans.
- Innovatively modified classroom assignments for students with special needs so they could participate in mainstream classes; effectively challenged each child to maximize his or her potential, enjoyment of learning, and development as a strong self-directed learner.
Academic Coach Resume Sample 2
- Assisted students to raise their GPAs from 1.3 to 2.1.
- Excelled as Academic Coach at Academic Coaching School; received outstanding Academic Academic award from the Dean of Students.
- Created a successful tutoring program for high school students with a 95% rate of success.
- Wrote the “Best Essay of the Month” for six consecutive months by coaching high school students on how to write winning essays for scholarships and college admissions.
- Picked up three academic awards for tutoring and coaching students at Berkeley High School.
Academic Coach Resume Sample 3
- Assisted teachers in preparing curricula for the program.
- Actively participated in professional development workshops.
- Developed an action plan for increasing enrollment as the curriculum supervisor.
- Collaborated with faculty regarding instructional design and delivery of courses.
- Appointed by the president to be the curriculum liaison.
Academic Coach Resume Sample 4
- Directed a team of four to prepare a 20-page history booklet in less than 15 hours.
- Collaborated with a team of three to present a three-hour analysis in less than 10 hours.
- Reviewed a lesson plan and presented a 30-minute lesson in less than 30 minutes.
- Organized the completion of an eight-page midterm exam by studying for two hours and presenting it along with an answer key in 40 minutes.
- Rewrote a three-page dissertation in 45 minutes, earning an “A” from the professor.
Academic Coach Resume Sample 5
- Selected to participate in the “Outstanding Academic Team” at the University of Washington.
- Selected as a member of the Phi Delta Kappa university Chapter.
- Awarded for “Successfully assisting students with writing papers and conducting research.”
- Invited to present a seminar on “Effective Study Habits” at two conferences sponsored by Phi Delta Kappa International Education Society.
- Chosen as a member of the Phi Delta Kappa International Education Society.
Academic Coach Resume Sample 6
- Developed and implemented a dynamic and informative learning center; earned award for outstanding classroom instruction and established a solid foundation for future instructional methods.
- Increased student participation; utilized modeling, guided practice, and scaffolding techniques to introduce concepts to students.
- Received recognition for providing positive feedback to students during classroom interactions; motivated students to learn.
- Exhibited outstanding customer service when presented with the opportunity to provide counseling services; counseled one-on-one with students regarding college admissions, degree programs, and financial aid options.
- Earned top rating from student survey based on student’s perception of organization, structure, topics covered in class, and instructor’s use of classroom time.
Academic Coach Resume Sample 7
- Formulated a math/science program that will teach students the basic principles of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division from 3rd to 6th grade.
- Conducted research on the topic of “what skills are needed for future workforce” by evaluating the needs of industry and encouraging parents to get involved.
- Advised students with dyslexia to avoid social problems.
- Created a self-help group for some students who have emotional disorders.
- Chose students to discuss behavioral problems with parents.
Academic Coach Resume Sample 8
- Designed a new curriculum for the 6th-grade math class. Effective 6 units of mathematics teaching experience.
- Received the Teacher of the Month Award for May 2007.
- Received a pay increase based on performance evaluation for exemplary work in consulting parents of students enrolled in the Early Entrance Program at School X.
- Served on an advisory board to revise curriculum for 7-8 grade Algebra I Standards-Based Math Curriculum.
- Delivered Excellent Customer Service by meeting new guidelines that required additional training sessions on new documentation requirements.
Academic Coach Resume Sample 9
- Designed curriculum for students with learning disabilities. Incorporated effective methods of lesson planning, organization, and instruction.
- A restructured reading program to increase outstanding test results by 12 points the first quarter; received the award for outstanding performance in improving test scores.
- Earned award for outstanding performance in improving test scores; achieved recognition through including students with various learning styles in specific classroom techniques.
- Restructured study hall to achieve superior test grade improvements; recognized by the Superintendent with appreciation and a cash reward for implementing effective study hall strategies.
- Developed curricula and techniques for functioning as a reading specialist and effectively taught students using innovative methods and techniques
Academic Coach Resume Sample 10
- Developed and implemented academic excellence and student achievement guidelines for middle school and high school students and their parents.
- Generated recognition amongst staff and parents for outstanding progress in academics, demonstrated by the schools’ ‘A’ ratings on the Iowa Test of Basic Skills.
- Restored satisfaction to language arts department faculty member who had previously left the collaboration due to low morale.
- Outlined what was required in order to meet curriculum needs for grades 6-8; generated schedules that provided consistency between students’ progress towards subject-specific goals.
- Discouraged plagiarism amongst students by instructing staff to implement a security camera system that monitored computer usage throughout the building.
Academic Coach Resume Sample 11
- Mentored students in all aspects of classroom performance during freshman year; promoted retention by helping students with the academic transition to college.
- Wrote an article in the semesterly journal based on my experiences with mentoring freshmen for retention.
- Presented at the “Mentor’s Forum” on the development of mentoring programs on campus.
- Recognized for outstanding mentoring efforts by receiving an award from the Dean of Students.
- Chaired a conference on student retention; developed model program for on-campus mentoring opportunities.
Academic Coach Resume Sample 12
- Provided a “game plan” for each student in my program to ensure they were on track to graduate.
- Fostered the critical thinking skills of my students through class discussions and hands-on activities.
- Provided individualized plans for each student in order to meet their target school.
- Motivated all of my students to succeed in college with their plans and goals, and supported them when they fell short of their expectations.
- Effectively supported students with disabilities in a Special Education class, including during Individual Education Plan meetings.
Academic Coach Resume Sample 13
- Identified and briefed prospective students for enrollment into a nursing program.
- Developed a systematic approach to diabetes education and was a key player in the pilot program for diabetic nutrition education pilot project.
- Created an instructional session from research from universities, National Institutes of Health, and AHRQ.
- Prepared health information sessions for nursing students as they prepared for specialties such as advanced practice, orthopedic surgery, and critical care.
- Developed innovative plans to enhance curriculum content that would assist students in developing skills for transition into the work environment.
Academic Coach Resume Sample 14
- Worked with high school students to improve their reading comprehension; the scores on the 4th-grade reading test were up 27% from the previous year.
- Worked as a test proctor for high school students who were taking Advanced Placement tests as a requirement for college.
- Volunteered as an assistant coach during girls’ basketball season at a local public middle school.
- Served as a peer tutor for over one hundred students, helping them to improve their grades and prepare them to take the MCAS.
- Developed lesson plans for teachers regarding the benefits of using technology in their classrooms, and implemented selected lessons with students via Skype during “virtual” interdisciplinary labs.
To work as an academic coach, you require a bachelor’s degree in education or its equivalent and certification by the American Tutoring Association (ATA). Academic coaches must demonstrate patience, motivational skills, interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, positive attitude, problem-solving skills and a desire to help students.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.