A head cashier is an individual who typically works in a retail setting that supervises other cashiers. Typically they will oversee transactions and ensure quality customer service, in addition to training any new staff. They are often in charge of schedules and providing feedback to other cashiers in addition to providing additional training for current employees.
How to Become a Successful Head Cashier?
While there is no formal education requirement, most positions will want a high school diploma or a GED for applicants, as well as for them to be at least sixteen years of age. Good leadership skills and customer service skills are also desirable.
Before becoming a head cashier, most businesses will want you to start as a standard cashier. This will allow you to gain experience and learn the basic operations of the position, and then you can work to become promoted.
After obtaining the position, you will want to ensure the employees you supervise are working well and that their schedules are organized. You will also handle customer complaints and resolve issues, so good people skills are a must to develop.
One of the most important factors will be handling transactions, which will require you to have a solid grasp of money and making change so that purchases can be processed quickly.
Finally, staying with the company and building your experience will allow you to have a good relationship with your employees and help you to hire and train new ones who can give your team what it needs.
The Best Head Cashier Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Head Cashier resumes for your reference.
- Monitored sales activities to ensure that customers receive satisfactory service and quality goods.
- Inventoried stock and reordered when inventory drops to a specified level.
- Created a positive atmosphere by smiling, greeting and providing a pleasant, friendly experience.
- Provided customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Monitored, directed, and prioritized all store front end activities in a fast paced high volume traffic retail environment.
- Continuous rapid decisive proactive and reactive decision making, utilizing various communication formats and devices.
- Provided training/coaching, daily observations and monthly performance reviews for all cashiers, and some other department associates.
- Started as regular cashier, promoted to head cashier within first year; also work as stock clerk, as well as assist customers (individual and wholesale) up front and in storage area.
- Consulted for opinion, by manager, on matters involving products, orders, presentation, organization, sales and promotions and customer service.
- Trained 6 employees on 2 different register systems, as well as other duties to perform throughout shift such as customer service, time management and product facing and knowledge.
- Maintained daily task schedules such as hourly store sweep, shopping cart retrieval and assign other work at slower times.
- Ensured that checkout areas were properly maintained in a clean and orderly condition at all times.
- Oversaw all register transactions, processing of customer purchases, and handling any refunds and overrides.
- Complied with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Trained new employees and demonstrated proper procedures.
- Demonstrated proper knowledge of company policies along with product location.
- Maintained knowledge of current promotions, policies and security practices regarding payment and exchanges.
- Investigated and resolved customer inquiries and complaints in a timely and empathetic manner.
- Provided elevated customer experience to generate loyal clientele.
- Trained new employees by providing knowledge of specific store tasks, policies, and goals.
- Performed daily duties such as floor recovery, executing excellent customer service, and maintaining a UPT (unit per transaction) of 3.0 or higher while performing cashier duties.
- Communicated with district manager daily with updates on hourly sales, and nightly deposits.
- Extensive experience in customer service to combat against theft.
- Follow procedures for safe food preparation, assembly, and presentation.
- Build loyal clientele through friendly interactions and consistent appreciation.
- Cross-trained and coordinated scheduling team members to ensure seamless service.
- Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers’ problems.
- Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing.
- Make sure checkout lines are open and staffed to allow customers to purchase their products quickly.
- Promote and administer credit programs to increase sales and allow customers to purchase the products they need.
- Train new employees on store policy and procedures to ensure a uniform service.
- Manage store operations in the absence of Store Manager, Assist in store’s shrink awareness programs and provide corrective actions.
- Generate cash related documents and account reports, and Perform bank deposits and withdrawals according to established policies.
- Provide superior customer service, ordering merchandise, pricing/price changing, and keeping shelves stocked.
- Recommended and assisted customers with furniture selection and other merchandise.
- Ensure the restock on the sales floor and verified defective merchandise is properly label.
- Reconciled the stores weekly sales, preparing deposits, and correcting any errors before beginning new week.