Marines are a branch of the United States Military who are responsible for performing combat missions and protecting the US from foreign threats. Their duties include operating vehicles, participating in combat missions, loading and unloading supplies, building structures, solving operational problems and performing administrative tasks.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Marine Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Marine resumes for your reference.
Marine Resume Sample 1
- Successfully completed Navy basic training and attained the rank of Petty Officer Third Class.
- Assisted in the apprehension of a fugitive by capturing him while on duty in the waters off Edisto Beach, SC.
- Actively participated in three multi-agency task forces with eight arrests and twenty-eight hours in surveillance observation; identified and observed ten persons participating in narcotics transactions.
- Efficiently captured an Armed Robbery suspect during an undercover operation at a convenience store; arrested two persons for Prostitution, four for Drug Possession, one for Assault & Battery, and two for outstanding warrants.
- Participated in a special reconnaissance operation and four firearm seizures in Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
Marine Resume Sample 2
- Served in military law enforcement and tracking units, where international threat was part of the daily routine.
- Trained for gun and knife skills, tactical operations, and hand-to-hand combat.
- Operated as a security guard in nightclubs and on board cruise ships to protect passengers from being attacked by criminals.
- Completed over 340 hours of training with the FBI National Academy in anti-terrorism, polygraph machines, operational interrogation techniques .
- Escorted overseas guests to safety during several United Nations Peacekeeping missions to war torn regions of the world.
Marine Resume Sample 3
- Conducted more than twenty hours of course work in Marine Safety, Marine Law and Leadership, and Navigation.
- Declared Distinguished Honor Graduate after completing 25 weeks of rigorous training at Company ‘B’ Service School Impington, England.
- Protected U.S. lives and interests by guarding military installations throughout the world; received commendation for heroism during a hostage rescue situation in Saudi Arabia.
- Trained to become an expert marksman with various weapons; receive award for excellence in pistol marksmanship during annual competition held at Quantico, Virginia’s Marine Corps Base.
- Received award for excellence in marksmanship, scout dog handling and explosive ordnance disposal and disposal during annual competition held at Quantico, Virginia’s Marine Corps Base.
Marine Resume Sample 4
- Successfully completed nine months of Infantry School and field duty without injury; attended eighteen hours of training per week and slept in a tent on the battlefield.
- Passed physical fitness test consisting of forty-five minute run, twenty push-ups, twenty situps, twenty pull-ups in three minutes; sustained score of 300 out of 300.
- Accomplished 5K Run in less than 30 minutes, 15K Run in less than 1 hour, and 10K beach run in less than 1 hour.
- Earned award for outstanding marksmanship for hitting target from thirty meters away with M-16A2 rifle within.
- Received commendations for leadership and achievement while on field duty in Kosovo.
Marine Resume Sample 5
- Supervised team of four members for two years; led, motivated, and enhanced individual and unit performance in the field.
- Cross-trained in three areas; completed 80+ hours of additional training annually to enhance team cohesion and versatility.
- Trained 20 recruits in first aid and CPR; guided units to excel with superior physical fitness standards.
- Patrolled streets 24/7; at night deterred crimes on a 24-hour schedule with the exceptional handling of dangerous situations, i.e., armed robbery and domestic violence calls.
- Received commendation for completing 450+ arrests during three years as a Field Training Officer for training new officers on field procedures.
Marine Resume Sample 6
- Expert in Marine Corps infantry tactics, small-unit leadership, and force protection.
- Commanded over 500 Marines in a nine-month deployment in the desert of North Africa.
- Received silver star for bravery under fire from a gunshot to his thigh from an Iraqi sniper at the advice of his team leader; saved dozens of fellow Marines’ lives by directing them to safety.
- Trained members of various security and law enforcement agencies including the D.C. Metropolitan Police Force, U.S. Secret Service, Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC), U.S. Marshals Service, and the DIA’s Counterintelligence Agency (DIA).
- Won third place in a national sword-fighting tournament held in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Marine Resume Sample 7
- Hired as the first female officer at a marine-based security company and quickly became the director of the women’s division of armed guards.
- Put into practice marine-based theory on combating drug trafficking, discouraging smuggling, and arresting criminals who stole ships.
- Performed life-saving rescue procedures during hurricanes and hostage negotiations.
- As a top member of an elite narcotics unit, we secured over 3 million pounds of drugs that were confiscated from drug lords posing as normal citizens.
- Directed a marine strike force along with FBI, DEA, and ATF agents to eliminate illicit territory for dealers who had harmed children in the community.
Marine Resume Sample 8
- Directed a crew of 3 while conducting amphibious landing drills in preparation for an operational mission on deployment.
- Professional knowledge and experience led to the completion of twenty combat missions during OIF II in Iraq.
- Trained in the use of naval small arms weapons; used M16A2 rifle to fire 250 rounds at a combat course 70% accuracy score.
- Sustained a 24-month high level in rigorous physical training standards for MOS; received an award for my physical fitness performance ranking third-highest overall grade among all marines at the base.
- Successfully completed 3 combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan; earned two bronze and one silver star medal for valor.
Marine Resume Sample 9
- Proven experience in general maintenance, including repairing irrigation systems, window blinds, fence gates, and water hoses.
- Familiarized with U.S., State, and Federal firearms laws. Accomplished over 1,000 hours of live fire training with a variety of weapons.
- Certified to hold a license as a Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO) within the North American Marine Corp. (NAMC). Received multiple awards for excellence in leadership by Senior Officers and Colonel Commandants of NAMC. Commissioned Paratroopers within the United States Marine Corps; Jump School graduation at Camp Pendleton (deployed to various regions during IRAQ War).
- Organized and scheduled over 50+ recreation trips and field day events for 6-12 year old children while serving as a Junior Marine Division Leader.
- Achieved the rank of Eagle Scout within Boy Scouts of America.
Marine Resume Sample 10
- Assisted in the apprehension of five fugitives who had been wanted by the local authorities for over six months; seized illegal drugs and firearms.
- Earned praise as a Recruiting Sergeant; sponsored facility visits to enlist future soldiers.
- Provided protection and security while evacuating over two hundred patients from a hospital during a terrorist attack.
- Remained calm while dealing with disgruntled and unstable detainees; successfully avoided physical injuries while subduing inmates engaged in unauthorized behavior.
- Deployed on board three vessels, including one period of twenty-five days when seas reached gale force proportions; remained vigilant during this period through tactical watch shifts to track enemy forces.
To work as a Marine you’ll need to be at least 18 years old, have a high school diploma or GED, pass the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) Test and U.S. citizen. Marines must demonstrate physical and mental strength, leadership, ability to follow orders, teamwork, dedication and knowledge of their chosen job in the service to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.