Emergency Nurses have the duty of assisting doctors in emergency situations. Their duties include initially assessing patients, performing laboratory work, collaborating with emergency doctors, creating outpatient instructions, discharging patients and updating family members on test results or treatment recommendations.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Emergency Nurse Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Emergency Nurse resumes for your reference.
Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 1
- Created innovative treatment plans for terminally ill, terminally ill in the process of dying, and terminal houseguests.
- Directed units in the Emergency Department specializing in medicine and surgery.
- Directed a unit of staff consisting of two physician assistants, three nurse practitioners, an operating room assistant, an anesthesiologist, four registered nurses, a phlebotomist, and a part-time respiratory therapist.
- Directed a unit of staff consisting of four nurse practitioners and two physician assistants on medical-surgical care.
- Managed risk by advocating preemptive interventions and pre-travel antibiotics before departing on overseas assignments.
Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 2
- Performed emergency procedures including CPR, airway management, catheterizations, EKG interpretation, and treatment.
- Diagnosed patients’ medical emergencies and disease processes during periods of pediatric, surgical, and intermediate care.
- Served as a Special Operations flight nurse for four years; completed more than 400 missions during operation Iraqi Freedom missions.
- Drove five surgical ambulances used to transport critically injured patients from helicopters to hospital operating rooms.
- Assisted in the treatment of mass casualty situations during the Oklahoma City bombing and New York City Blackout.
Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 3
- Demonstrated skills in trauma, cardiac, emicranic, and neuro disorders.
- Performed rescues on fellow nurses including 18-hour workdays with 110% duty for two consecutive weeks.
- Created a collaborative and effective healthcare environment for doctors and nurses by mentoring and training in the ward.
- Served as a rescue nurse for over 24 hours at the Portland VA Medical Center following September 11th tragic events.
- Allowed for immediate care through management of triage, assessing patients’ conditions, administering medications, giving CPR to others, pushing wheelchairs, assisting in wheelchair transfers from one ward to another within the hospital complex.
Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 4
- Determined and reacted to emergency situations in a crisis mode.
- Completed first aid procedures for the following types of injuries: burns, fractures, dislocations, [etc.]
- Managed and maintained a 91% success rate with E.C.G. interpretation and arrhythmia identification during my 5 months of employment at the Cardiac Care Center and Intensive Care Unit.
- Gave 1,050 care instructions to patients, as well as administered 300-300 E.C.G.s and over 1,000 aspirin treatments.
- Recognized for my outstanding leadership and communication skills; praised my work and dedication as a nurse.
Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 5
- Aided the triage nurse in the initial delivery of emergency patients.
- Recognized by the Director of Nursing for outstanding service in accident and emergency treatment.
- Organized and implemented a program for inpatient nurses to recognize the needs of their profession toward attaining a passing grade on their next licensure examination.
- Efficiently handled equipment and supplies during an unexpected hospital closure due to power disruption.
- Earned award for outstanding patient care in intensive care unit with multiple life-threatening situations; recognized by hospital staff as “The Best.
Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 6
- Achieved grade of A-minus.
- Served and provided healthcare for victims of natural disasters, domestic violence, armed conflict, mass disasters, and numerous other circumstances.
- Attended to and comforted patients with severe burns, patients in cardiac arrest, patients in shock due to traumatic brain injuries, and persons suffering from gunshot wounds.
- Performed CPR on a man who had suffered a massive heart attack at the age of 58; resuscitated him by chest compressions while waiting for paramedics; saved his life without any assistance.
- Received letter of commendation for “outstanding quality” of public service; contributed to ministry in civic and social responsibility.
Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 7
- Participated in emergency room nursing for over two years, both on-site and off-site, for a large-sized hospital.
- Respected and commanded respect from patients and from coworkers due to her compassionate and meticulous work ethic.
- Reformed disorganized units.
- Fostered relations between departments through teamwork by addressing staff’s needs.
- Collected data on trends affecting the business she served; continued professional development by participating in “white belt” training of other first responders.
Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 8
- Accomplished proficiency in first aid, CPR, and AED.
- Received certification to teach health care services to senior citizens.
- Recognized for excelling on our nursing staff as a ‘target nurse’ at the Station Hospital.
- Managed hundred of critical cases from heart attacks, gunshot wounds, car wreck injuries, and other life-threatening emergencies.
- Recognized for exceptional performance and Leadership in Charge for each unit in which I was responsible for Caring for Patients.
Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 9
- Planned and coordinated staff care at an urban teaching hospital during a national disaster.
- Rescued, transported, and cared for individuals affected by hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
- Demonstrated professional skills on multiple units in multiple hospitals.
- Respected and appreciated colleagues who demonstrated pro-active attitudes and characteristics; participated in group service events, team building exercises.
- Earned appreciation awards for customer service excellence in a timely manner; addressed all patient needs adhering to departmental guidelines.
Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 10
- Responded to crisis situations with a quick action plan, ensuring citizens’ safety.
- Executed on-the-job training procedures with accuracy and safety.
- Trained others to meet the level of care set by nationally recognized standards.
- Provided services with an open mind and heart; demonstrated concern for those in stressful situations.
- Encouraged the use of creative techniques to deliver responsive patient care.
Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 11
- Diagnosed and treated a wide variety of acute care situations, from respiratory distress to electrocution.
- Performed thrombectomies and controlled hemorrhaging by utilizing pressure points while administering blood transfusions.
- Pinpointed, and was instrumental in locating, an active internal bleeding site using an ultrasound machine.
- Administering plasma infusions, colloid solutions, blood in blood-bank donations, and antibiotics.
- Screening patients for dehydration, shock syndrome, rapid heart rates, poisoning symptoms, and symptoms of narcotics addition; making diagnoses for psychiatric disorders.
Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 12
- Effectively administered and monitored medications and performed CPR on patients.
- Received award for excellent safety record and medical student panelist during a secondment at an all-female hospital.
- Experienced a full range of emotions from a variety of traumatic experiences (emotional support service) during one year’s service at an emergency ward.
- Provided excellent staff for over one year following relocation to another department, reaching career goal within one year.
- Contributed to heartwarming moments through patient interactions, in addition to the exceptional care given by nurses under her care.
Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 13
- Helped numerous patients by acting as an advocate, healer, and comforter during their hospitalization.
- Served as part of the E.R.’s Disaster Task Force in tandem with a local tactical unit to provide temporary medical care to victims of an assault during service in military overseas.
- Initiated and aided in the development of a disaster trauma team to provide highly specialized services to victims of war-torn nations.
- Recognized for exemplary leadership after being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis at the age of 28; led teams in multi-disciplinary reconstruction projects for International Relief Organizations.
- Gained appreciation from the patient, family, and medical staff for my support during the most difficult times of their life; 9 years of dedicated service in a high-stress environment.
To work as an Emergency Nurse you must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. Emergency Nurses must be able to work in stressful situations, have the ability to work under pressure, have great organisational skills, great writing abilities, interpersonal skills, great communication abilities and great knowledge about health and safety procedures.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Emergency Nurse Resume Samples
- Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 1
- Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 2
- Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 3
- Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 4
- Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 5
- Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 6
- Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 7
- Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 8
- Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 9
- Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 10
- Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 11
- Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 12
- Emergency Nurse Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up