And educator is any person who teaches or guides others to obtain the skills they require to reach the goals that have been set for them or that they have set for themselves. This could be with very young children or grown adults, and it can take place in a wide variety of environments with an equally wide variety of goals.
How to Become a Successful Educator?
The level of education you will require will usually involve some level of a degree, but this will vary heavily based on what you intend to teach and where, and at what level you want to work with.
Working to educate children in any environment will require patience and empathy, as well as more of an ability to make the learning fun so they can stay focused. If you work at a less traditional educational setting, you may also require less education.
If you want to educate older children, there are many environments both in and out of the school system you can choose from. Daycare centers and developmental programs for special needs children will need educators to teach the children everything from schoolwork to basic life skills.
When it comes to working with adults, educators can choose programs that offer vocational skills to help those looking for jobs, or they can go for a wide variety of settings in their local community to teach skills and classes outside of the school system.
Some educators act more as mentors or counselors in programs for at risk children, where they can help children from difficult backgrounds to achieve their dreams and stay out of trouble by being with a responsible adult.
The Best Educator Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Educator resumes for your reference.
- Provided daily learning support, safety, and nutrition to elementary age students.
- Executed lesson planning, monthly training and/or meetings as well as facilitated various educational trips.
- Assisted in ordering and organization of supplies, correspondences with school admin and parents through written and verbal avenues.
- Assists with the facilitation and teaching of programs for school and public audiences (onsite and offsite) that invite children and adults to explore the Museum’s exhibitions, collections, and program topics.
- Assists with program logistics, evaluation, and documentation, as well as activities related to developing program materials and activities.
- Supports the Gallery Guide team and facilitates customer satisfaction and engagement within the galleries.
- Responsible for addressing social media regarding the organization’s current or upcoming events and assist with social media activities and developing videos to engage the Deaf Community.
- Provide short- and medium term client/customer focused case management and advocacy to both Deaf shelter clients and Deaf people living in the community.
- Exercises exceptional decision quality during screening and eligibility for services and when appropriate matches participants with various financial assistance programs.
- Assist participants in acquiring skills necessary to maintain independent housing- includes budgeting, identifying and seeking needed resources, accessing employment training, life skills, etc.
- Work as a team to sell the product to the guests to achieve our daily and monthly goals.
- Being involved in the community by attending scheduled hikes, company events, and attending classes.
- Providing and receiving constant feedback between co workers & management.
- Part of the merchandising team performing weekly store flips inclusive of reviewing any merchandising changes or updates, writing the store plan, and bringing the plan to life on the floor together with other team members.
- Created thematic units designed around essential questions to help students connect to the material.
- Developed formative lesson plans to meet Common Core Standards.
- Taught students to write with textual evidence and depth of knowledge to meet summative goals.
- Completed administrative tasks under advisement of both principal and fieldwork supervisor.
- Coached other teachers in bettering their practice and utilizing technology in the classroom.
- Taught language arts, social studies, and math using interactive notebooks to scaffold content.
- Organized milestone events: Native American Museum, Poetry Night, Continental Congress Reenactment.
- As a home base teacher it is my responsibility to help children develop through the milestones at an age appropriate manner.
- Helping the parents to show how to help their children grow is another responsibility to cover as a home base teacher.
- Case notes and lesson plans are made 2 to fit each student to help them succeed and grow.
- Holding socialization to have all the home base students and families get together to be able to relate to other families in the program and get to know each other.
- Promoted a classroom environment that is safe and conductive for both small and large groups.
- Teaching knowledge and skills in mathematics (real/imaginary numbers, functions, geometry, creative thinking and analysis in all related subject areas).
- Designed various learning activities to demonstrate the application of mathematics to everyday situations and problems.
- Provide guests with world-class education and guest experience by speaking authentically about product, culture and community through own experience.
- Responsible for delivery of product education that communicates special features, benefits, fabric properties, and usage and care instructions.
- Ensures guests are informed about community events and the information and resources on the community board.
- Takes full responsibility and accountability for my life and results through meaningful and measurable goals that support in achieving their vision.
- Designed and delivered History lessons aligned with the Common Core Standards for grades 6-8.
- Developed curriculum and taught Drama and Art electives aligned with the California State Visual and Performing Arts Standard for grades 6-8.
- Designed and delivered instruction to support all students in reaching the learning objectives.
- Observed and assessed student performance and kept thorough records of progress.
- Provided guests with world-class ‘education’ and guest experience in the areas of product, culture, and community by speaking authentically about product use through our own experiences.
- Answered phone inquires to receive orders, answer questions, apply solutions, assist other stores with their solutions.
- Assisted in preparing the store for the day/closing duties including: sweeping, vacuuming, restocking product, ‘sizing’, taking out garbage, cleaning mirrors, straightening up break room.
- Provide an excellent experience by educating guests about our product, culture, and community.
- Help develop, plan, and execute community events with local sports teams and organizations.
- Demonstrate the culture held within the company, including an attitude of fun, respect, support, empowerment, passion, interaction with other staff, and in-store discussion of lifestyle (i.e., dance, yoga, health, and fun).