Medical Billing Assistants perform administrative duties in healthcare billing departments. Their duties include sending bills to insurance companies, communicating billing information with patients, filing insurance claims, arranging for bill collections, entering billing information into a database, and answering client billing questions.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Medical Billing Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Medical Billing Assistant resumes for your reference.
Medical Billing Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Completed multiple tasks in a timely manner. Accurately entered data into computer as per company procedures.
- Kept up to date on company policies, procedures and weekly job analyses.
- Qualified for promotion to billing supervisor position; actively participated in producing a nightly billing report.
- Accurately completed the billing report on time; maintained direct communication with partners and internal customers regarding account status via phone calls, faxes and e-mail.
- Trained new billing associates on company policies, procedures and job responsibilities; received outstanding performance award.
Medical Billing Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Delivered and processed payments, worked with appointments and took messages. Responsible for maintaining and updating of patient’s information.
- Received payment on all orders in a timely manner (within the next 72 hours); maintained order status of each patient.
- Achieved award for being outstanding; effectively compiled and presented data from various information systems to assist coworkers in matters of accuracy and completeness.
- Achieved award for creating user friendly web site for easy access to medical services with assistance from webmaster, designer, programmer and other health care professionals.
- Successfully completed all services and technical requirements including setting up of new computer terminals, software programming and system training.
Medical Billing Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Adhered to healthcare industry standards of professionalism and integrity, as well as meeting business deadlines.
- Achieved $1500 credit line during first month; responded to customer’s inquiries regarding doctor’s appointments and requested the patient visit the Insurer.
- Achieved monthly sales target within two weeks of starting on a new hospital job. Maintained a 100% satisfaction rating from management; completed multiple tasks each day.
- Proven ability to handle multitasking easily, demonstrated ability to work under pressure, which was critical for success in this position.
- Accomplished each task set forth on a daily basis, and maintained the highest standards of timely and effective performance.
Medical Billing Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Accurately collected and sorted client medical bills; identified potential for medical insurance coverage.
- Met established turnaround time for issuance of remittance reports; received appreciation from department manager.
- Recognized for communicating with patients and insurance companies in an effective manner; resolved outstanding issues with the assistance of office personnel and management staff.
- Actively participated in strengthening the collection department’s customer service by increasing number of accounts receivable.
- Received award for outstanding performance according to corporate guidelines.
Medical Billing Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Identified incomplete claim forms and retrieved additional documents.
- Processed claim forms, payments and adjustments; verified coding accuracy by accessing online services.
- Fulfilled customer requests by researching procedures, explaining policies and guiding them through the insurance approval process.
- Found clerical errors in insurance company correspondence and notified supervisors regarding necessary corrections.
- Maintained work environment by keeping files organized, setting up new accounts and updating department procedures.
Medical Billing Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Assembled medical records, prepared vouchers, and corresponded with insurance carriers to ensure that billing was completed in a prompt and accurate manner.
- Accepted medical records from clients to ensure accuracy of data entry; provided outstanding customer service to clients.
- Completed loan applications in a timely manner summarized and attached financial documents; met deadlines for work assignments.
- Successfully integrated into the existing billing system; created new billing accounts for all estimated client services each month.
- Maintained client information including contact information, collections history, insurance claims receipts and balance enquiries with accuracy according to the requirements outlined by Paychex.
Medical Billing Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Provided exceptional customer service during daily operations; assisted customers with billing questions and concerns.
- Increased office revenue by decreasing the amount of returned checks; implemented new procedures for the collection of payments.
- Accurately entered patient information into the computer system; ensured that errors were corrected in a timely manner.
- Provided assistance with insurance verification and authorizations; addressed customer concerns when necessary.
- Entered medical bill data into computer system according to billing protocol; alerted supervisor to any inaccuracies within documentation.
Medical Billing Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Reviewed medical claims, coded and processed for reimbursement.
- Researched and resolved conflicting insurance claims.
- Gained praise and recognition from physicians for outstanding job performance.
- Met and exceeded expectations set forth by supervisors; recognized by the Hospital Administrator for excellent customer service skills in regards to dealing with patient complaints.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from patients who had seen a physician.
Medical Billing Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Processed information from the physician, insurance carrier and patient, disbursed and collected payments.
- Received certificate of appreciation for exceptional customer service; presented with award by the CEO for outstanding performance.
- Awarded scholarship as a result of academic excellence.
- Recognized as an outstanding employee; received award at company holiday party for closing at least 15 new accounts during one quarter.
- Awarded scholarship as a result of academic achievement; received award at the annual awards ceremony in recognition of motivation to achieve goals and excellence in the field of study.
Medical Billing Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Performed clerical duties in the billing department to ensure accurate recording and billing of all service codes.
- Maintained confidentiality of private medical information for patients, co-workers and customers.
- Assigned to various shifts; worked a 24-hour shift.
- Received outstanding quality award; accurately completed the necessary forms and reports.
- Received recognition as a billing superstar; effectively identified, researched and resolved customer issues.
Medical Billing Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Responsible for maintaining medical billing records on a monthly basis to ensure accurate and proper record keeping.
- Calibrated the medical equipment of patients that needed to be re-calibrated.
- Levaluated diagnostic records to determine the need for surgery, repeat tests, etc.
- Converted bills into a computerized format making it easier for employees to access them.
- Completed an average of 1,200 claims monthly; greatly exceeding office production goals and saving the company $5,000 monthly.
Medical Billing Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Received perfect score for timely data entry during daily 7am’4pm testing period.
- Effectively handled 50 customer over the phone annually; exceeding call goals by 12% each month.
- Handled a total of 200 incoming calls per day; with supervisor praising me for positively representing the company to all customers.
- Registered 8,000 clinic visits in a single year; a new record for the company.
- Collected and collated billing information.
Medical Billing Assistant Resume Sample 13
- Maintained customer medical files; ensured that patient records were up-to-date.
- Participated in the Financial Literacy Program for staff.
- Scheduled appointments, scheduled appointments – continued customer service training. Attended orientation programs (Medical Billing, Ethics & Patient’s Rights.) Completed training sessions with offices on financial literacy programs and cultural diversity.
- Responsive to requests; excelled as a patient advocate and provided additional services to patients in need of care or referral.
- Proven work history of nearly three years in a busy medical office; handled a variety of administrative duties, including scheduling appointments, tracking payments, and maintaining contact with patients.
Medical Billing Assistant Resume Sample 14
- Trained new employees to ensure proper documentation of patient details; implemented procedures for ensuring smooth office operations.
- Planned and executed company-wide patient appreciation events; developed marketing strategies that resulted in increased clientele.
- Saved the company thousands of dollars through an innovative approach to increasing collections; served as liaison between collection agency and office.
- Received award for high quality service; effectively tracked and managed the referral program.
To be a Medical Billing Assistant, you will need a high school diploma and possibly certification, depending on your state. Medical Billing Assistants must demonstrate typing, writing, math, and interpersonal skills, an understanding of insurance documents, understanding of insurance processes, and knowledge of medical coding.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.