Entry Level Mechanics are persons trained to perform diagnostic tests on cars, trucks, and other vehicles. Their main duties include assisting assigned technician(s), performing safety inspections, changing oil, performing lubrication work, basic maintenance and minor repairs, running errands, delivering materials, preparing parts for inspection.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Entry Level Mechanic Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Entry Level Mechanic resumes for your reference.
Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 1
- The shop had been experiencing a reduction in staff hours from one mechanic to two, and a reduction in supervisor/lead mechanic responsibilities due to a loss of the lead. I stepped in and did everything that was required of me by the shop, which included taking on extra hours, spending more time with my customers, and being the shop manager.
- The shop reduced their staff from two mechanics to one. When I was hired I worked 3 shifts so that I could get my own schedule.
- The opportunity placed before me gave me an incentive to work harder, improve my skill set and learn from experienced professionals.
- After working by myself for six months, I developed a strong reputation of being reliable, hardworking, and friendly.
- The shop had reduced their staff from one mechanic to zero. I became the lead mechanic because of my great reputation with customers.
Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 2
- Installed courtesy light for customers who leave keys in the ignition; reduced thefts by 40%.
- Provided excellent customer service and satisfaction; customers consistently complimented and referred business to me and my employer.
- Honored with an “Employee of the Month” award; customers consistently praised my work.
- Excellent performance in restoring vehicles that other mechanics had deemed unrepairable; earned appreciation from other mechanics. They consulted me for advice on difficult repairs.
- Recognized by management for outstanding work ethic and attitude.
Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 3
- Achieved award for time management; maintained efficient record of more than 6,000 service orders.
- Recognized by peers for exceptional problem-solving skills; effectively advised more than 100 coworkers on how to resolve maintenance issues.
- Selected as Crew Leader, providing guidance to others on tasks performed while accomplishing the assigned goal of installing a new sound system.
- Achieved award for outstanding customer service skills; effectively resolved customer complaints concerning computer issues while working with manufacturer representatives and other internal staff members.
- Achieved award for meeting company goals; expedited installation of several simultaneous construction projects while maintaining construction plan on time and within budget.
Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 4
- Replaced multiple parts of carburetor, manifold, intake & exhaust.
- Installed several hydraulic types of equipment with a minimum of 5 hours’ time.
- Installed a transverse gear shift transmission.
- Installed a defective clutch to fix a vehicle that was leaking fluids from both sides.
- Installed a front-end suspension assembly.
Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 5
- Technician, responsible for maintenance projects. Prevented warranty repairs from being damaged or delayed due to shortages in parts and materials. Implemented a progressive system of work splitting and ordering to avoid unscheduled downtime.
- Performed preventative maintenance on high mileage vehicles. Conducted preventive maintenance on all vehicles at the dealership after hours without disrupting customer service or other technicians’ work.
- Installed engine parts, gaskets, bushings, hydraulic assemblies, and other miscellaneous items in oil pans and crankshafts during annual oil changes.
- Gained further knowledge of diesel engine repair by installing turbochargers on light trucks.
- Strengthened skills in the application of leak detection products by using the shop’s leak detection equipment.
Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 6
- Diagnosed and repaired automobile engine problems citing proper steps for disassembly, removal, reassembly, cleaning, and lubrication.
- Resolved warranty issues by consulting with the manufacturer.
- Recommended maintenance procedures for customers who have purchased used cars.
- Took an active role in keeping customers satisfied through the use of excellent communication skills.
- Performed diagnostic testing on automatic transmissions to assist mechanics in locating problems.
Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 7
- Recognized by the District Manager for consistently maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Achieved award for completing 50 hours of classroom training so that I could be cross-trained in the maintenance of various types of small engines.
- Received award from District Manager for completing a total of 40 performance-based goals during my first year on the job.
- Received commendation from the President of the Corporation; effectively completed tasks while balancing demands from other co-workers and customers.
- Achieved goal to maintain a job grade increase every 6 months; recognized by supervisors for exceeding expectations in all performance-based evaluations.
Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 8
- Obtained company certificate in customer service; effectively addressed the needs and concerns of customers while adhering to the company’s guidelines.
- Recognized for promoting safety; signed up for and completed Safety Smart certification.
- Promoted to Assistant Foreman; recognized by management for hard work and excellent performance.
- Recognized by union and company officials for willingness and ability to cross-train and perform any job responsibility; successfully trained new employees.
- Distinguished me with an outstanding attitude, consistently exceeding performance requirements of job requirements, maintaining a high level of awareness on all safety issues involving work conditions, equipment, and supervision.
Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 9
- Trained on the operation of air conditioners, dryers, and ovens as part of a new hire training program.
- Employed as a substitute custodian; performed janitorial duties in the absence of the regular custodian.
- Dealt with customer complaints from residents who had been assigned deficient apartments, which required meeting with the maintenance staff to address building issues.
- Received recognition for preventing a fire from spreading by alerting other tenants and putting out a small fire in an apartment before it could cause major damage.
- Received commendation for safety demeanor and dedication to duty; well known in the building for addressing problems in a timely manner that helped to maintain the safety and well-being of all tenants.
Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 10
- Successfully completed automotive repair on customer car within 75% of labor time without making any mechanical errors.
- Successfully completed an oil change on customer car within 75% of labor time without any oil leaks or spills.
- completed an engine tune-up, battery replacement, and brake job within 75% of labor time without making any mechanical errors.
- Designed complete listing for new vehicle; accurately determined gross value, net value, trade-in value, agreed upon price; ordered parts; scheduled auto mechanics to perform job.
- Attended customer’s home to perform diagnostics on vehicle engine, alternator, heater, and air conditioner.
Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 11
- Provided rapid response to customer calls, and quickly resolved all issues.
- Achieved superior attendance record by working both weekends and holidays.
- Re-directed several customers to the Parts Department; recognized for increased high-quality service levels given to customers.
- Used engineering skills and knowledge of service manuals to repair and correct problems with industrial and consumer products.
- Received superior quality award; completed work orders efficiently.
Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 12
- Troubleshot and repaired financial institution equipment, ensuring maximum positive customer experience.
- Installed financial service equipment in a secure manner, ensuring proper functionality.
- Trained employees on general maintenance and repair procedures for equipment.
- Planned preventative maintenance schedule to ensure the long-term viability of all customer-facing financial institution equipment.
- Handled “on the spot” repairs efficiently and accurately under pressure to decrease the amount of downtime.
Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 13
- Completed training program in a timely manner; recognized for being punctual, dependable, and possessing the best attendance record.
- Created workspace chart according to guidelines set by management.
- Initiated 5S* based on guidelines provided by the supervisor.
- Maintained work area according to safety standards, including wearing PPE* at all times.
- Achieved recognition for high-quality workmanship; produced garage floor by sweeping out debris and the acid-etching concrete surface.
Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 14
- Resolved customer concerns by diagnosing and repairing customer vehicles.
- Created an atmosphere of excellence in the service department; consistently received outstanding evaluations.
- Created a special promotion that increased sales; received recognition for innovative thinking.
- Developed an effective system for handling vehicle drop-offs, thus reducing wait time for customers.
- Handled extra business when necessary by working during non-scheduled hours.
Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 15
- Actively assisted customers with ease and courtesy; maintained over 82% survivability rate in the training program.
- Resolved appliance malfunction that kept restaurant from opening on time.
- A diagnosed car that would not start; repaired faulty starter.
- Functions as a primary mechanic for all warranty repairs at a dealership.
- Trained two entry-level mechanics to service cars sold at the dealership.
Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 16
- Innovated solution to the current problem without jeopardizing company warranty requirements or customer satisfaction.
- The Best Entry Level Mechanic Resume Samples
- Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 1
- Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 2
- Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 3
- Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 4
- Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 5
- Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 6
- Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 7
- Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 8
- Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 9
- Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 10
- Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 11
- Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 12
- Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 13
- Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 14
- Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 15
- Entry Level Mechanic Resume Sample 16
- Wrap Up
There are no specific requirements for this role however, employers prefers one to have a valid driver’s license and a drug test certificate. Entry Level Mechanic must demonstrate ability to coordinate between hands, eyes and feet, physical ability to lift, stand and walk for extended periods of time, fast reflexes, constant alertness, adaptability and reliability.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.