An Oracle Dba is a person who manages all aspects of an Oracle database. Their main duties include Installing, patching, maintaining and monitoring Oracle databases, verifying backups, performing ad-hoc backups, providing maintenance support for database systems, data extraction, transformation, and loading, performing routine security and authentication measures, database tuning and troubleshooting.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Oracle Dba Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Oracle Dba resumes for your reference.
Oracle Dba Resume Sample 1
- Maintained proactive database backups to prevent SQL injection attacks.
- Excelled at maintaining host server performance by optimizing execution time, optimizing query performance, and implementing stored procedures for data-tagging, redirection, and caching.
- Gathered statistics about execution time, query operations, query logs, identifiers.
- Updated Oracle database indexes for decreasing execution times of queries.
- Effectively managed database space to minimize the impact on user response times while maintaining database integrity.
Oracle Dba Resume Sample 2
- Certified Oracle DBA; proficient in the operation of the database.
- Researched and implemented an automated backup of database data.
- Correctly implemented transactions using SQL, PL/SQL, and Scripting languages.
- Achieved award for best Oracle DBA on a project that involved extensive use of scripting languages.
- Achieved award for fastest turnaround time on short term projects with large amounts of data involved.
Oracle Dba Resume Sample 3
- Analyzed and resolved complex business problems in the business process modeling environment.
- Performed data entry into Oracle database.
- Design and implement an Oracle database modeled after a company’s business process, producing a functional specification of the database, including tables, indexes, documentation, and naming conventions.
- Reviewed functional specifications from Oracle Dba programmer with the client’s requirements to ensure that they did not conflict with Oracle database design principles.
- Trained a new Oracle developer to program in the aforementioned language so the new developer would have a good understanding of the program before he began programming it.
Oracle Dba Resume Sample 4
- Achieved a project of exceeding expectations in one month after being promoted into a new role.
- Played a key role in developing an automated web portal that allows a user to search and retrieve mortgage data from multiple sources.
- Created a procedure to record and maintain data on mortgage applications submitted for processing; created procedures to ensure accurate data entry (data manipulation).
- Presided over daily office meetings; monitored real-time statistics; assisted with monthly reports that are incorporated into lender’s monthly accounting cycle.
Oracle Dba Resume Sample 5
- Enhanced subject-matter knowledge; passed Oracle 10g upgrade exam.
- Trained and certified less-experienced peers to optimize performance and maximize benefits of Oracle 12c licensing.
- Developed and implemented a role-based access system for sensitive data. Started the process of automating the importation from our database from Excel spreadsheets to an Oracle database.
- Improved performance in a development team environment by developing a pre-test script to determine if data in production is logically correct before committing code changes.
- Developed an Oracle SQL query to obtain data from multiple business areas to use for reporting purposes.
Oracle Dba Resume Sample 6
- Help in improving system efficiency; worked in the background to ensure the integrity of data entry.
- Reviewed code for errors, inconsistencies, and bugs.
- Determined alternative solutions to any given problem; determined how to fix the existing problems.
- Found solutions when no solution could be found; ensured that all requirements were documented in form of tables and comments.
- Coordinated efforts with team members when issues came up; ensured all requirements were documented in form of tables and comments.
Oracle Dba Resume Sample 7
- Effectively compared, analyzed, and selected the optimum database solution to meet the company’s business requirements based on Oracle 10g R2.
- Deployed databases that maximized data security; minimized data integrity risk.
- Transformed the company’s business operations by designing the most cost-efficient database solution.
- Achieved savings of $32M for Company X by consolidating databases into a single system.
- Obtained praise from co-workers for consistently delivering excellent performance results.
Oracle Dba Resume Sample 8
- Developed back-end architecture for embedded devices; successfully designed technology to interface with multiple operating systems.
- Validated code for the new system; worked with the international development team to develop code that satisfied timing constraints.
- Developed user interface design for remote monitoring applications, including protocols used by corporate MIS department.
- Presented solutions to a corporate board of directors; coordinated with Marketing, Sales, and Engineering departments in pursuit of business goals.
- Participated in six-month project that resulted in elimination of 3 full-time employees, saving company $75K per year.
Oracle Dba Resume Sample 9
- Resolved Oracle database performance issues for 24% of the corporation’s enterprise-wide database systems.
- Developed and implemented an Oracle database application formerly used by over 12,000 employees.
- Installed and integrated a new Oracle DBMS; configured data servers; documented installation procedures, and trained department personnel to use the new system.
- Utilized SQL, PL/SQL, and Java to design and develop a technical solution for a client that offered enhanced functionality without requiring additional staffing or budget to accomplish the task.
- Worked with others to develop and implement a business response system using Oracle, SQL, and Visual Basic.
Oracle Dba Resume Sample 10
- Contributed to project designed to replace obsolete legacy system; successfully implemented the new system with no loss of service.
- Developed multiple applications, improving existing processes and supporting automation.
- Developed software that improved both employee efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Developed robust security procedures that were instrumental in preventing attacks on network infrastructure.
- Implemented strong change management procedures, resulting in high availability of services, which resulted in high customer retention level.
Oracle Dba Resume Sample 11
- Achieved award for a high volume of SQL and PL/SQL queries; effectively developed and implemented queries and reports.
- Identified opportunities for improved performance and greater efficiency; developed scripts to enhance the company’s enterprise data warehouse.
- Presented findings on ways to improve process flow; developed scripts that automated multiple processes.
- A proposed alternative method of accomplishing goals; developed scripts that reduced downtime by 70 percent, reduced recovery time from 10 hours to 20 minutes, allowed for more reliable schedule completion, and reduced bottlenecks in the process flow.
- Reduced rework associated with new application rollout by 75 percent by identifying errors before rollout.
Oracle Dba Resume Sample 12
- Assisted in the development of a successful Web-based product; contributed to the development of software that met customer satisfaction and company revenue goals.
- Demonstrated effective problem-solving skills; analyzed bugs and provided solutions that enhanced stability and usability.
- Collaborated effectively with teams in a matrix organization to meet project deadlines while maintaining quality standards.
- Incorporated best practices into the project plan, resulting in a more efficient application development lifecycle.
- Documented detailed processes for future application development purposes, including release management, change management, and testing strategies.
Oracle Dba Resume Sample 13
- Supported and enhanced multi-platform applications for Oracle E-Business technology; generated $1,000,000 in revenue.
- Designed and developed 10 E-Business reports within 12 months; generated $750,000 in revenue.
- Utilized decision support databases to improve sales forecasting accuracy by 15%.
- Developed Web reporting utility that generated $450,000 in monthly sales for a start-up company.
- Initiated and supported the replication of E-Business data to the new data center; eliminated any disruption in business operations during the move.
To work as an Oracle Dba, you need a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field. Oracle Dba must demonstrate basic programming skills, skills in MySQL, and PostgreSQL, troubleshooting databases, oracle Exadata and strong time management and communication skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.