Aircraft Engineers keep aircraft in working order through maintenance, repairs and inspections. Their duties consist of making repairs, troubleshooting problems, conducting inspections, making upgrades to aircrafts, keeping records of and performing scheduled maintenance, and making emergency repairs.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Aircraft Engineer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Aircraft Engineer resumes for your reference.
Aircraft Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Worked with customers to design and develop a customized program for each home that facilitates a comfortable and successful flying experience.
- Ordered, inventoried, and maintained tooling required for the manufacture of home components.
- Designed the process flow chart for Assembly; solved problems relative to customer needs, the customer’s design requirements, and design limitations.
- Collaborated with the lead engineer to enhance the 3-, 4-, and 5-axis machining operation by modifying/generating new machine code.
- Introduced company to a new computerized tool management system.
Aircraft Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Troubleshoot hydraulic system following FOD (Foreign Object Damage) incident. Identified and replaced damaged line, rebuilt at supervisory level.
- Recommended modification to aircraft’s cooling system, saving the company $500,000.
- Developed an innovative method for locating and replacing failed engine sensors.
- Identified a faulty LED indicator in a cockpit display system; prevented future air safety incidents.
- Designed equipment that saved the company $300,000 in maintenance costs per year by reducing unplanned downtime for jet engines.
Aircraft Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Assessed four different engine models, analyzed potential issues and briefed pilots on applicable aircraft configurations.
- Performed pre-flight checks of aircraft engines, performed maintenance on hydraulic systems, and reviewed FAST data for engine performance, plane condition, and fuel levels before each flight.
- Developed procedures for identifying problems with the aviation system by completing troubleshooting manuals, after-action reports (AARs), and diagnostics.
- Designed new programs for aircraft engines; researched Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations to ensure procedures were compliant with FAA standards.
- Earned award for outstanding FAA quality standards and guidelines.
Aircraft Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Demonstrated a high level of proficiency in audio, video, and speech recognition software applications.
- Designed innovative and unique systems to improve the capabilities of the company by assembling computers, microprocessors, display systems, and communications equipment.
- Established systems for automated assembly lines to reduce factory downtime; received good performance awards for meeting schedule requirements.
- Generated creative ideas to reduce the cost of labor by utilizing microprocessors; designed transmission lines that enabled production shifts to remain at 60% capacity on a daily basis.
- Established methods for computerizing industry-wide manufacturing processes and effectively designed a computerized system that drastically reduced the need for manual assembly lines.
Aircraft Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Ensured maintenance for a fleet of aircraft thorough inspection and repair.
- Wrote manuals for the repair of aircraft and engine parts.
- Constructed electrical systems in new aircraft.
- Performed maintenance to Global Hawk remote-controllable unmanned air vehicle (RUAV).
- Analyzed high-pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC) to determine the performance of new biocatalysts.
Aircraft Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Successfully met scheduling expectations which resulted in reduced production cost per workstation; recognized by the Senior Engineer for exceptional achievement.
- Successfully moved aircraft to the next phase of construction, or in some cases, moved an entire hangar of aircraft to a different location.
- Effectively assembled various components and subassemblies into complete equipment such as air defense radars and subsystems; observed, reported, and logged all defects with each new task in a logbook.
- Effectively documented all observations, analysis, and recommendations based on observations and analysis of design, materials, production, and assembly.
Aircraft Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Rebuilt the engine of a Boeing 777-200 passenger aircraft on time; adhering to safety requirements.
- Achieved Quality Excellence award for implementing cost-effective solutions; effectively redesigned the igniter/monitoring system of a jet engine.
- Received commendation for identifying and recommending cost-effective solutions to an engineering analysis team; the team was able to produce information that was used at the highest levels of management.
- Achieved award for mentoring crewmembers and providing assistance that improved the performance and morale of the engineering department.
- Improved overall operational efficiency by designing a control panel that reduced errors and decreased operation time by 20%.
Aircraft Engineer Resume Sample 8
- Inspected and repaired turbine engines for commercial and military aircraft.
- Performed maintenance on aircraft hydraulic pumps; ensured the smooth operation of hydraulic pumps.
- Diagnosed and corrected mechanical problems on aircraft fuselages; ensured safe operation of aircraft under the strictest aviation standards.
- Maintained Department of Defense regulation compliance during the inspection process; analyzed planes to ensure they complied with safety standards before returning to active service.
- Met stringent customer satisfaction guidelines; presented information clearly and effectively to customers in an unambiguous way.
Aircraft Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Troubleshoot misbehaving engine for three aircraft; increased plane’s fuel efficiency by 5%. Improved flight time by 20 minutes.
- An implemented a new method of cleaning turbine blades; achieved a major reduction in blade failure rate.
- Estimated how long it would take to drain water from tanks; demonstrated skills to excel under pressure.
- Achieved award for outstanding work performance; demonstrated ability to produce results at a high pace.
- Researched and designed innovative engine system of up-and-coming aircraft make. Established testing procedures for the preliminary design stage with Boeing Aircraft Company.
Aircraft Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Obtained Federal Aviation Administration airframe, powerplant, and instrument licenses; acquired knowledge of aircraft construction, installation of electrical systems and hydraulics as well as investigated malfunctions.
- Combined workable solutions with technical knowledge to reduce maintenance costs and increased on-time aircraft departures for Delta Airlines; earned recognition for outstanding customer service.
- Maintained safe operation of aircraft by completing all required inspections, overhauling engines, and repairing electrical components.
- Repaired hydraulic system on a Boeing 727 during flight; analyzed each component’s overall operational capacity to determine which repairs were essential to return the aircraft to operational status.
- Gained knowledge of computer systems for aircraft with a focus on systems relating to flight control and engine operations.
Aircraft Engineer Resume Sample 11
- Achieved outstanding performance by repairing 40 engines in an assembly line environment. Efficiently triaged and organized components and parts.
- Completed repair procedures in an assembly line environment; resolved issues, including a faulty sensor which resulted in the rework of the engine.
- Produced 100% on efficiency reports by correctly identifying defective parts before returning them to inventory; saved company $20,000 annually.
- Completed repairs for 20 aircraft engines within 24 hours; resolved issues associated with a faulty sensor and misidentified parts.
- Maintained the cleanliness of the shop floor; ensured safety standards were met concerning loose wires during moving of aircraft engines.
Aircraft Engineer Resume Sample 12
- Completed aircraft design and verification for an aircraft under development.
- Created an accurate and reliable data file of electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical schematics to be used in the design phase of aircraft construction.
- Found possible cause for an engine fault; designed a test program to verify the cause of the fault.
- Received outstanding quality award; completed all phases of the project in a timely manner resulting in a reduction of operating costs and improved customer service to the client.
- Earned appreciation as a call monitoring Superstar; effectively addressed the needs and concerns of clients while adhering to government guidelines regarding authentication, disclosure, and customer service.completed project on or ahead of schedule.
To work as an Aircraft Engineer you must hold an Associate Degree, Associate of Occupational Science in Aviation Maintenance Technology, FAA certification is required with relevant experience. Aircraft Engineers must demonstrate manual dexterity, attention to detail, physical stamina, computer, diagnostic equipment, x-rays machine and communication skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.