Marketing Consultants are independent contractors who provide marketing advice to clients. This may include developing strategies, creating promotional materials, or conducting market research. The top skills for this position are customer service/support experience (for interacting with customers online), project management abilities, ability to multitask (marketing is a time-intensive industry), problem-solving skills, and good communications skills. A bachelor’s degree in marketing is generally not required; however, having an advanced degree may be beneficial.
The Best Marketing Consultant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Marketing Consultant resumes for your reference.
- Maintain all areas of the website; regularly updating client’s website content, formatting new blog posts, creating new landing pages, and other areas required.
- Develop, write and execute a targeted blog strategy, with a focus on reaching specific personas and improving SEO.
- Maintain interactive social media presences; through the use of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, YouTube, and MeetUp.
- Created, designed, and implemented an advertising campaign within a global company.
- Designed and administered a website marketing campaign through a multi-media program.
- Coordinate advertising campaigns for multiple clients to meet their budgets and specifications.
- Community outreach representative to assist in providing pertinent content and relevant information for Community Newspapers.
- Provide marketing strategies for clients to assist in business development.
- Directed and executed multiple crisis management programs within non-profit organizations.
- Created, implemented, and coordinated media buying programs for corporate clients.
- Provide consulting services to clients in the artificial intelligence, medical device, patient recruitment, and printing industries.
- Develop strategy and go-to-market communications for a medical device in anticipation of FDA approval of a new indication.
- Review clinical study data to create a strategy and associated claims for the launch of new indications.
- Develop a strategy to increase awareness in the marketplace of new patient recruitment options.
- Established travel industry clients in the U.S., Canada, Bahamas, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Japan (Tokyo), Germany (Frankfurt), Netherlands (Amsterdam), France (Paris), Belgium (Brussels) with a focus on developing new markets for travel professionals for over 8 years.
- Launched community showcase media programs on hospital campuses throughout the country.
- Established partnerships between hospitals and local businesses.
- Responsible for market research and forecasting coinciding with newly assigned partnerships.
- Consistently surpassed sales goals exceeding one million dollars a year in new advertising.
- Developed and implemented a strategy to increase sales in the $3M/year advertising, marketing, and PR firm.
- Engage customers in retail locations, offering them Green Energy service solutions.
- Collaborate with Consultants to help them qualify leads, design systems, and close deals.
- Conduct seminars and events for 30 or more people in a retail store or marketing events.
- Recognized with sales award for $1M+ account.
- Recruited consulting talent; increased firm’s revenues by $450K annually in direct proportion to recruitment success.
- Performed duties such as prospecting, developing, and closing leads using a variety of online and offline sources.
- Qualify prospective customers by phone and close deals over the phone or in person depending on customer engagement.
- Meet and exceed individual daily, weekly, and monthly activity and sales goals.
- Ability to thrive in an autonomous working environment with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity, meeting deadlines, and showing relentless persistence in a competitive marketplace.
- Recruited client in a 2004 acquisition of another firm in which I had worked previously.
- Presenting value proposition and prospective ROI to hospital C-level executives.
- Managing and maintaining relationships with existing and prospective clients.
- Organized daily tasks in correspondence with quarterly goals through the use of NetSuite.
- Adapted a new product launch strategy with impressive sales results.
- Initiated overseas advertising campaigns that increased online Web traffic by 20%.
- Working with the designer on copy and completing the remainder of the website prior to launch.
- Planning for the release of the MDIDBk Facebook page, featuring portfolio photos from the designer and possibly including a video at the time of its release.
- Creation of an Editorial/Design “calendar”, so that content is highlighted on the website each month coincides with social media posts and the blog on each of the different platforms.
- Planned and implemented an integrated marketing plan to increase sales in a $6 million company.
- Directed R&D, advertising, competitors’ strategies, logistics, and manufacturing in order to improve marketing and sales.
- Navigate client development for marketing agencies to reach and grow business opportunities with advertising agencies and media companies.
- Craft sales presentations for Mobile and OTT companies to deliver clear and effective messages for the desired target audience, including copy and creative direction.
- Provide expertise in marketing and branding for growing companies.
- Work with an entertainment marketing agency in LA for larger television clients.
- Achieved top national ranking in a Super Bowl advertising competition, using the concept of “emotional branding” (stands for emotional marketing).
- Generated 423 qualified leads from email, in-person events, and webinars resulting in $125,000 in sales.
- Work with Eloqua marketing automation software and Salesforce.com and present results, trends, and opportunities to improve the results of digital marketing campaigns.
- Tracked appointments made in CRM from leads generated from marketing campaigns to gauge ROI.
- Developed and introduced three new brands/products.
- Developed a digital “network” to increase the response rate on promotional emails.
- Wrote and designed marketing campaigns to be featured in brochures, flyers, and newspapers.
- Content creation for paid advertisements, as well as across all social media channels.
- Hosted open houses and updated the agent’s website to feature new listings.
- Developed detailed spreadsheets to identify trends, develop forecasts, and created prospective client outreach.
- Recruited international endorsements for new brands; work included interviews and product demonstrations.
- Created a comprehensive marketing plan that identified opportunities for growth.
- Developed targeted strategies to grow the gallery while staying consistent with its mission.
- Collaborated with management and staff to develop recommendations and methods of implementation.
- Expanded relationships with existing clients by developing new products for them.
- Increased awareness and sales amongst consumers.
How to Become a Successful Marketing Consultant?
Marketing consultants need to be reliable and confident in their ability to deliver results. As a marketing consultant, you can work independently, or as part of a consulting firm that has established connections with potential clients. When a marketing consultant is reliable and consistent with their results, their reputation grows and they can obtain more work â€“ and make more money!
Marketing consultants can come from a variety of educational and work-related backgrounds. What is most important is their ability to obtain data about a consumer base, analyze the data, and create a strategy based on their findings that will benefit their client. These skills are important in many professional fields, including advertising, consumer relations, and even non-business related fields â€“ anyone who is a natural problem solver would be a great marketing consultant.
It can be useful to start a career as a marketing consultant alongside someone who is already established in the marketing consulting world. That way, a prospective consultant can gain valuable knowledge from an experienced professional.
Becoming a marketing consultant is perfect for anyone who is a great problem solver and an independent thinker. This is also a great job for anyone who likes variety â€“ when you work with all different kinds of clients, you’ll learn about many different kinds of consumers, goods, and services.
Marketing consultants work with clients from different types of businesses, and help those businesses market and sell their products. To do this, marketing consultants collect and analyze data about different kinds of consumers and help businesses formulate and execute unique plans to strengthen their relationship with potential consumers. Marketing consultants are independent from the businesses they work with.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.