Infant Teachers provide teaching instruction to infants between the ages of 6 weeks to 3 years old. Their duties include being responsible for supervising, socializing, inspiring, and developing infants, as well as serving as communicators between parents and their baby’s progress—sometimes through writing reports, others by engaging in conferences.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Infant Teacher Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Infant Teacher resumes for your reference.
Infant Teacher Resume Sample 1
- Delighted, inspired, and motivated children to reach for new milestones in learning.
- Ensured the health, safety, and security of preschool age children attending daycare by following policies and procedures.
- Crafted toys, games, music CDs, DVDs, videos, books and other teaching tools to facilitate learning activities.
- Organized weekly lessons with daily objectives.
- Assigned reading materials based on child’s reading level; encouraged new learners through focused instruction plans.
Infant Teacher Resume Sample 2
- Dedicated to the full completion of six children during their early childhood development stages.
- Achieved four years of 100% attendance for all 40 weeks of school by being punctual, arriving at work before children are dropped off in the morning, and staying until dismissal in the afternoon.
- Introduced new activities into my classroom that were beneficial to the students’ intellectual growth while maintaining a fun learning environment.
- Employed my expertise when specific students struggled with speech problems; helped them overcome limitations and academically succeed within specific timeframes.
- Trained and worked collaboratively with substitute teachers; adjusted lesson plans accordingly while fostering consistency across classrooms.
Infant Teacher Resume Sample 3
- Provided the highest level of supervision to infants in a classroom setting.
- Trained and supervised three other infant teachers, ensuring that the children were being cared for in a safe environment.
- Grew employee satisfaction rating from dissatisfied to amongst highest overall after providing weekly meetings with staff members to discuss concerns and find solutions.
- Oversaw daily activities relating to food service, custodial services, admissions, transportation, security, maintenance issues, and emergencies while maintaining positive relationships with parents and community residents.
- Played an integral role in curriculum development through participation on school task forces for family living education programs.
Infant Teacher Resume Sample 4
- Promoted child development by providing continuity care for infants who require help to reach stability, health, and security.
- Cared for children aged 3-12 months in a setting designed to stimulate their physical, emotional, social, and intellectual growth.
- Provided academic activities for children including finger painting, copying shapes and colors.
- Nurtured students’ cognitive skills by helping them complete puzzles of increasing difficulty; improved fine motor control through building towers with large wooden blocks.
- Presented classroom lessons that allowed all children to interact regardless of language or disability; encouraged parent visitation during operating hours.
Infant Teacher Resume Sample 5
- Supervised the care of 62 infants in an open-door daycare center.
- Devised activities for children, including imaginative role-playing games, sensory motor exercises, creative art experiences, singing songs and finger rhymes.
- Reconciled children’s needs with requirements of guidance objectives for maximum development during daily whole group meetings.
- Improved organizational time by allowing groups to function independently after classroom observation sessions at the beginning of the semester.
- Prevented potential hazards by anticipating proprioceptive stressors on infants’ bodies during play periods at large carpet squares.
Infant Teacher Resume Sample 6
- Presented a class of 7 children with all 19 developmental milestones by 5 months, 15 days.
- Effectively implemented the Creative Curriculum to instruct students in the areas of cognitive, language, gross motor, fine motor skills.
- Promoted proper development through forward-thinking methods including sensory integration and responsiveness to stimuli.
- Collaborated with Speech Therapist and Physical Therapist to promote age-appropriate activities designed for physical and cognitive advancement.
- Trained parents on child development and how to prepare their child for school success through ongoing home visits.
Infant Teacher Resume Sample 7
- Placed inhibitory and excitatory objects in appropriate sensory areas to promote learning and development of fine motor skills.
- Developed an individualized curriculum for each infant showing measurable outcomes on a weekly basis; recognized by co-workers as prepared, confident, and proactive.
- Provided activities that stimulated the infants’ senses through daily living experiences such as storytelling, singing, puppets shows, music, phonics games for letter recognition, basic sign language communication (I love you), hand eye coordination games using balls, movements with scarves accompanied by rhythm instruments etc .
- Trained working parents how to use specific techniques in infant soothing at night time in order to implement better sleeping habits.
- Initiated and supervised a “Parenting Workshop Series” in order to help working parents on how to manage their infants’ sleeping routines, daily activities, and mealtime behaviors.
Infant Teacher Resume Sample 8
- Successfully established and supervised the Early Head Start Pre-Kindergarten program.
- Oversaw all phases of infant development, including feeding, bathing, dressing, diapering, toileting, sleeping arrangements, play times and programs.
- Effectively developed lesson plans for Infant Toddler Curriculum through which children learn state skills standards in areas such as healthful living; arts; language; mathematics; science; social studies; technology; physical well-being; personal awareness and appreciation of diversity in family structures.
- Trained assistant teachers to maintain continuity when substituting in my absence.
- Recipient of Outstanding Educators Award for demonstrated excellence in the classroom.
Infant Teacher Resume Sample 9
- Provided 100% of daily care including feeding, changing diapers, and playtime for twelve infants at once.
- Trained students in behavior management techniques to effectively handle negative attention-seeking behaviors.
- Developed successful curriculum for infants with disabilities by incorporating the sensory system into learning activities.
- Created parent workshops on child development emphasizing the importance of early intervention.
- Promoted self-directed learning skills through independent discovery opportunities for preschoolers while accompanying them throughout the day.
Infant Teacher Resume Sample 10
- Demonstrated expertise in developing infant learning skills through hands-on experience.
- Guided, taught, and inspired infants from 0 to 2 years old the art of pre-literacy with an emphasis on auditory, tactile, and visual stimulation.
- Trained graduate students in child development theories and practices in academic year courses at a well known university.
- Promoted a healthy cycle of activities promoting learning by providing opportunity for play in structured learning environments for children under supervision.
- Benefited 3-year olds socially, educationally, physically, emotionally, and behaviorally by actively teaching guide lines to parents during weekly consultations.
Infant Teacher Resume Sample 11
- Fostered growth, social skills, and communication in infants and toddlers.
- Observed daily activities and provided feedback to staff regarding child development and behavior.
- Cared for infants and organized age-appropriate crafts, toys, books, music, field trips, and special events.
- Inspired children to pursue socialization while becoming responsible members of society through Child Development Associate (CDA) certification process.
- Improved the lives of parents by supporting them with positive parenting strategies after conducting two presentations at local Pregnancy Resource Center.
Infant Teacher Resume Sample 12
- Effectively managed children in a high-quality, caring learning environment that promoted, developed, and supported all aspects of the physical, social, emotional, cognitive, and creative development of children.
- Recruited community resources to provide infants with cultural exposure through field trips to libraries, bookstores, restaurants etc.
- Promoted safety awareness for caretakers utilizing teaching aides such as videos on child proofing homes and car seats.
- Collaborated with parents in their role as primary educators by focusing on skills that would follow children into future grade levels.
- Provided daily updates about curriculum topics through newsletters that were given to parents at the end of every week.
To work as one, an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree in education, early childhood development, or child psychology are preferred, but some places accept a high school diploma and the state’s Early Childhood courses and certifications. Infant Teachers must demonstrate an ability to lift at least 30 pounds, as well as be patient, creative, caring, thoughtful, and passionate about teaching babies and toddlers.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.