A Research Administrator helps the research department at a hospital or a university. Their duties include reviewing the finances of research accounts, supervising reconciliation of the general ledger, preparing grant applications, managing the budget, creating budget projections, preparing final reports when a research project is finished, maintaining communication with investigators, and generating financial reports.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Research Administrator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Research Administrator resumes for your reference.
Research Administrator Resume Sample 1
- Administered over 200 research studies that included 175 protocols and 25 clinical trials, continuously meeting deadlines.
- Provided issuance of high-quality lab data according to protocol by maintaining organized files and records.
- Dedicated 14 years as a volunteer at a local children’s hospital; served as a liaison between the patients and their parents.
- Conducted accurate literature review for development of clinical research proposals.
- Drafted complete statistical analysis reports from raw data in compliance with sponsor guidelines, achieving customer satisfaction ratings of 100%.
Research Administrator Resume Sample 2
- Effectively managed multiple projects valued at $450,000 with departmental personnel to determine the chemical structure of novel, high molecular weight polymers.
- Adhered to guidelines related to proper handling and disposal of chemicals while identifying new candidate drugs for pharmaceutical research.
- Highly organized human resource that effectively communicated on project status reports, deliverables, timelines, expected costs, approvals/disapprovals with management on assigned tasks.
- Completed assigned administrative duties on time (e.g., planning meetings; revising internal protocol), communicated necessary information in a professional manner (e.g., email communications; written reports).
- Received ‘Employee of the Year’ award for positive attitude and outstanding contributions toward maintaining a cohesive and collaborative departmental environment.
Research Administrator Resume Sample 3
- Managed a team of seven assistants, delegating tasks and organizing schedules, to complete an end-of-year report.
- Researched and compiled data from multiple sources to create a comprehensive report for upper management.
- Assisted in the creation of a microfiche index system to consolidate information from hundreds of disparate documents into one location.
- Effectively communicated with other departments as well as teams spanning multiple countries, as part of intra-company research project.
- Prepared final annual reports to senior executives within tight deadlines; successfully resolved any issues before the due date without compromising accuracy.
Research Administrator Resume Sample 4
- Responsible for increasing productivity, accuracy, and quality of reports through development of new formulas.
- Translated statistical data into written form to provide customers with meaningful information regarding the use of research results.
- Maintained a record filing system to ensure quick access to all documents related to customer orders.
- Reviewed extensive background material on various topics to prepare for company seminars; trained employees following seminars.
- Achieved new avenues for revenue generation by creating business relationship between accounting department and client representatives for new clients.
Research Administrator Resume Sample 5
- Managed three employees in maintaining, updating, and expediting global vaccines database.
- Familiar with vaccine research methodologies, supplied support to senior researchers.
- Completed 20-hours of training in regulatory affairs matters related to vaccine industry policies and procedures for approval for commercial sale.
- Authored 6-publications relating to Pneumococcus bacteriology.
- Gathered information regarding standardization of pneumococcal conjugate vaccines in developing countries through collaboration with World Health Organization officials.
Research Administrator Resume Sample 6
- Managed the production of over 9,000 laboratory reports per year.
- Redesigned workflows to improve data collection and analysis; reduced process errors by 70%.
- Pioneered new methods of quality control for microarray experiments, reducing costs by 40%.
- Oversaw an 18% increase in new grant applications; gained approvals on four new grants totaling $500,000.
- Launched first-in-class disease treatment resulting in 100% recovery rate; gained FDA approval for new drug therapy.
Research Administrator Resume Sample 7
- Acquired membership in research organization that required 5 years of experience; upgraded knowledge and skill set; proved ability to collaborate on large-scale projects.
- Managed the operational requirements for all phases related to business development, marketing, fundraising, media relations, press releases, publications, articles, annual reports (online and print), coordination with major divisions of universities, departments of public health services; designed, printed and mailed promotional materials; updated website content; established search engine optimization strategy.
- Facilitated academic coursework in conductive education by maintaining liaisons between university professors across the international community interested in building their curricula around this pedagogy.
- Implemented a threefold objective for sports physiology research project in South Africa, including collection and analysis of data, coordination with biometric testing companies to provide services in the field, and overseeing equipment usage for qualified participants.
- Planned, led, and organized multi-national conference; negotiated travel arrangements; recruited speakers; established and managed social media presence; compiled proceedings.
Research Administrator Resume Sample 8
- Effectively maintained the quality of work within the department by monitoring daily activities, reporting problems, and recommending solutions.
- Systematically tracked down all pertinent literature for a large number of international projects for over 100 researchers.
- Contributed to research efforts that lead to cutting-edge biomedical technological advancements including the development of several medical devices.
- Assisted in any task necessary which included data entry, filing, sorting samples, updating databases, running reports, ordering supplies, making purchases as well as other tasks outside normal duties whenever required.
- Spearheaded team efforts with an approachable nature allowing for effective communication between cross-disciplinary groups within complex environments.
Research Administrator Resume Sample 9
- Researched and synthesized details on gene sequencing for a publication in the journal of Clinical Investigation.
- Created and implemented an effective standard operating procedure (SOP) for DNA testing to resolve materials management issues within the division.
- Organized, analyzed, evaluated, and interpreted results from assays measuring biomarkers related to autoimmune diseases.
- Recognized by the Principal Investigator as one of two team members with excellent performance who made significant contributions to research data acquisition.
- Improved overall assay operations processes through the design of workflows, workflow diagrams, standard operating procedures (SOPs), evaluation plans, R&D reports, SOP/updates, report drafts & presentations.
Research Administrator Resume Sample 10
- Managed a team of 8 researchers with varying skills in order to successfully complete complex projects on time and within budget.
- Researched potential markets for pharmaceutical companies.
- Authored an article for publication in a major medical journal, the success of which led to three subsequent grants from federal agencies .
- Presented findings at national conference about New York City’s healthcare system, resulting in expanded research opportunities.
- Developed new methodologies for conducting health care surveys that are currently being replicated by other researchers across the country at various universities and government institutions.
Research Administrator Resume Sample 11
- Effectively participated in development of new client strategies.
- Created marketing plans for existing and new clients; recognized by the coordinators for accurate analysis, time management, attention to detail, and delivering results on deadline.
- Developed presentation materials for internal workshop on best practices regarding software usage; earned appreciation from various departments for quality content and information provided.
- Completed research project interviewing industry experts; utilized skills in organizing findings into comprehensive reports with recommendations received positive feedback by upper management.
- Trained administrative assistant team members on protocol of scheduling meetings with executive team members; assisted in growing profitability of company through effective communication.
Research Administrator Resume Sample 12
- Collaborated with colleagues to develop an in-house service for the generation of custom oligonucleotides.
- Assisted in the set up and management of a US facility, assuring it was compliant with all relevant regulations.
- Improved laboratory workflow processes by developing analytic tests that reduced use of radioactive isotopes by 40%.
- Redesigned workflows to optimize research support services while reducing cost per test performed by 19%.
- Managed inventory control systems ensuring adherence to proper handling protocols for controlled substances.
Research Administrator Resume Sample 13
- Conducted research for US Government, including National Institute of Health (NIH) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC), on the topics of mental health, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, hypertension, obesity, renal disease.
- Highly proficient in Excel spreadsheets; developed data analysis tools to track research expenditures and project timelines.
- Wrote daily progress reports summarizing ongoing clinical trials.
- Competently mitigated conflicts between scientists by providing support through telephone calls or e-mails.
- Collaborated closely with senior researchers to develop solutions to network security issues surrounding computers with access to sensitive research material.
A bachelor’s degree is often required, but a master’s degree is preferred. Skills needed to be successful include strict attention to detail, organizational skills, time-management skills, customer service skills, excellent communication skills, proficiency in Excel, leadership skills, and ability to multi-task.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Research Administrator Resume Samples
- Research Administrator Resume Sample 1
- Research Administrator Resume Sample 2
- Research Administrator Resume Sample 3
- Research Administrator Resume Sample 4
- Research Administrator Resume Sample 5
- Research Administrator Resume Sample 6
- Research Administrator Resume Sample 7
- Research Administrator Resume Sample 8
- Research Administrator Resume Sample 9
- Research Administrator Resume Sample 10
- Research Administrator Resume Sample 11
- Research Administrator Resume Sample 12
- Research Administrator Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up