A Math teacher provides math lessons to students in primary or secondary schools. Their duties include grading assignments, tracking student progress, planning and presenting lessons preparing and presenting learning materials, provide resources and supplies needed for lessons, maintaining a safe classroom conducive to learning.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Math Teacher Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Math Teacher resumes for your reference.
Math Teacher Resume Sample 1
- May 2010-present taught children grades 3-8 in “Math Games” style.
- Used fun interactive games to teach and reinforce math concepts like addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Emphasized the importance of learning math with a purpose and enthusiasm by engaging the students in interactive learning exercises that are relevant to their lives at school.
- Held monthly meetings during which each student was given a time limit in which he/she must complete a problem correctly. When the time was up, I would give them the correct answer so they could see how much progress they had made in that month.
- Created a fun atmosphere for students to learn and made it more appealing for them to want to participate.
Math Teacher Resume Sample 2
- May 2008-present taught kindergarten students in the subject of math.
- Created lesson plans and student handouts for each class.
- Taught parent education classes on how to guide their child’s development through the use of play-based learning activities.
- Pursued professional development opportunities to improve instructional program design and delivery.
- Participated in professional associations and organizations that promoted educational excellence, creativity, and community engagement.
Math Teacher Resume Sample 3
- Led students in developing critical thinking skills, including effective problem solving, communication, and critical thinking.
- Demonstrated appreciation for innovative approaches to instructional design and teaching by implementing learner-centered instructional techniques.
- Formulated lesson plans which employed relevant real-world examples to engage students in meaningful learning tasks.
- Taught some of the most self-motivated and dedicated students in the school with a wide range of skill levels.
- Received annual recognition for exceptional performance by the local media, administration, and other teachers.
Math Teacher Resume Sample 4
- Instructed children in grades 4-8 in the fundamentals of pre-Algebra and Algebra I
- Assisted students in understanding concepts that were taught, as well as problem-solving techniques.
- Implemented outside activities to enhance students’ learning (i.e.: athletic events).
- Presented Math Team’s performances at regional and state contests, which resulted in first-place finishes.
- Taught students the art of self-discipline while adhering to a rigorous but fun curriculum.
Math Teacher Resume Sample 5
- Oct 2003-Feb 2004 taught 10th-grade algebra to students from across the country in North Carolina and Florida.
- Created step-by-step online tutorials for students that increased their understanding of basic algebra concepts.
- Designed my own curriculum for honors/AP Calculus credit courses which allowed for the focus of daily activities on critical thinking, problem-solving, and group projects.
- Continued my creative approach to teaching by combining problem-solving and communication skills with lessons to nurture creativity in all students (i.e.: creating a coloring book of math problems in art school).
- Personally counseled students on setting goals for their academic and personal futures.
Math Teacher Resume Sample 6
- Certified middle school math teacher, grades 7-10.
- Certificates in differential equations and quantitative reasoning.
- Guided students in working through long mathematical chains to obtain solutions.
- Assisted students with exam preparation by teaching them applicable methods for the particular type of exam.
- Led team of teachers in introducing a new curriculum for an advanced Math course that was well received by the staff and students.
Math Teacher Resume Sample 7
- Prepared lessons and materials for subject areas (i.e.: Algebra I, Geometry, etc.) and taught courses to students in grades 8-12.
- Accurately answered students’ questions; assisted students with in-class activities.
- Used technology to enhance the learning experience; used a variety of software and hardware to deliver lessons effectively.
- Personally coached and mentored several students to improve test scores on statewide standardized achievement tests (i.e.: ACT).
- Assisted teachers on several occasions; performed various duties related to the daily operations of the school (i.e.: substitute teaching, grading student assignments).
Math Teacher Resume Sample 8
- May 2004-present taught at the elementary level in an independent, co-educational school.
- Lectured and instructed students in methods of learning math, reading comprehension strategies, writing skills, and study habits.
- Designed instruction plans for students based on their learning styles.
- Responsible for training new teachers by holding “teacher instruction” days until they gained sufficient confidence to teach in their own classroom.
- Coached English as a Second Language (ESL) teachers on how to teach English language learners effectively while maintaining instructional integrity and individualized instruction.
Math Teacher Resume Sample 9
- May 2005-present taught middle school students basic algebra, geometry, and pre-algebra concepts through an interactive method of learning.
- Incorporated a variety of teaching aids into lessons to enhance student learning.
- Developed curriculum based on the needs of students in the class.
- Awarded for working with a group of students who had demonstrated difficulty in understanding math concepts.
- With an emphasis on role-playing, developed scenarios relating to standardized test preparation for state and national assessments.
Math Teacher Resume Sample 10
- Provided an exceptionally safe, yet challenging academic environment for students to comprehend mathematical principles and apply these skills in their daily lives.
- Taught algebra, geometry, calculus, trigonometry, and multivariable calculus.
- Created a personalized tutoring program to assist students who were struggling with the course material.
- Conducted workshops on study skills and time management in order to improve student comprehension of mathematics.
- Integrated technology into the classroom through SmartBoard software in order to enhance student learning and understanding of mathematical principles.
Math Teacher Resume Sample 11
- Taught multiple algebra classes at a local middle school.
- Worked with students on physics, chemistry, history, and English regarding improvements in course grades.
- Participated in state-wide STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) competition and placed first among middle school math teachers in the state of New York.
- Developed a curriculum for teachers to be used in their classrooms as an aid to help them address challenges they face on a daily basis with students.
- Presented seminars on “How to Be Your Best” for educators nationwide regarding technology integration and improving student interest in mathematics courses.
Math Teacher Resume Sample 12
- Instructed children in the fundamentals of math through hands-on activities and group review.
- Assisted in maintaining the organization of student files, grades, and attendance records.
- Provided students with extra help and encouragement.
- Achieved certification by New York State Department of Education in January 2004; certified to teach grades 7-12.
- Accentuated students’ love for math with out-of-this-world t-shirts that spell “Math is Cool”.
Math Teacher Resume Sample 13
- Awarded teacher of the year 2006-2007; recognized by students, parents, and peers for outstanding effort, performance, and exemplary commitment to students.
- Assisted in curriculum development; created instructional material and lesson plans to help struggling students.
- Recognized as a most improved instructor during annual evaluation by the head of the department.
- Selected to teach summer school classes; developed educational techniques based on student needs.
- Advised students on college preparation and how to use the internet for research purposes.
Math Teacher Resume Sample 14
- Taught students with special needs in a classroom setting.
- Created and developed enrichment programs for high school and middle school students.
- Offered assistance to parents of children with attention problems.
- Organized and supervised field trips for students to science museums, zoos, amusement parks, etc.
- Presented workshops on time management, studying skills, test-taking strategies, study skills, organization skills, etc.
To work as a Math Teacher, you need a bachelor’s degree in education with a math endorsement. A Math Teacher must have a thorough understanding of best practices in teaching, excellent verbal and written communication skills, supped organizational skills, flexibility, outstanding interpersonal skills, leadership skills, and patience.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.