An IT security manager manages the security of digital information for a company. An IT security manager’s responsibilities include developing a secure global IT network infrastructure, administering secure global IT network infrastructure, developing strategies for disaster recovery, creating a Hyper-V based server environment, implementing a Hyper-V based server environment, and maintaining firewalls.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best IT Security Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real IT Security Manager resumes for your reference.
IT Security Manager Resume Sample 1
- Preserved vital digital information in twenty-two in-house servers by installing and configuring essential hardware and software.
- Developed security policies to protect confidential client-specific data against malicious intruders, computer viruses, and Internet hackers.
- Upgraded internal networks with complex cabling, complex printers, routers, servers, clients, printers, fax machines, wireless access ports, telephone systems including extension phones, and dialing services.
- Maintained constant relationship with Information Systems Department of a major corporation to coordinate a plan for company merge with a larger competitor.
- Assisted in resolving complex network problems by analyzing networking devices’ physical environments at customer sites across the United States.
IT Security Manager Resume Sample 2
- Worked as a systems administrator for five years at a medium-sized technology firm.
- Served as an Adjunct Professor of Computer Security Team Lead/Manager at the college level for eight years.
- Designed and implemented network security policies, procedures, and techniques for over sixty worldwide clients.
- Designed, developed, and implemented enterprise security solutions for multiple worldwide clients.
- Developed advanced computer security software with advanced intrusion detection systems and digital signature technologies.
IT Security Manager Resume Sample 3
- Served as the highest tech/security authority for the Free World (self-created job description) at a US federal agency.
- Led/supervised over 50 techs, tech leads, tech lead leads, support techs, support tech leads, and support tech lead leads.
- Served as an industry consultant to government organizations (silent sector) on six continents.
- Educated hundreds of people around the world on computer security using video conferences.
- Established many useful relationships with governments worldwide through two years of gathering free information through gathering free information online for governments online.
IT Security Manager Resume Sample 4
- Ensured the security of over 70 million dollars in assets through daily monitoring of computer networks.
- Verified proper system upgrades by reviewing change management, documentation, and updates.
- Documented information security incident responses, including recovery steps for both hardware and software issues.
- Presented a complete set of security policies to senior management to promote an appropriate IT infrastructure at all levels of company operations.
- Developed a plan to reduce risks from network configuration errors that could compromise IT assets by 50%.
IT Security Manager Resume Sample 5
- Established a system of security and confidentiality for the protection of sensitive data.
- Built a comprehensive anti-hacker program to ensure the safe processing of information.
- Secured the operation of a website-based software application through monitoring capacity and functionality.
- Ensured a stable working environment through daily evaluation of technical infrastructure, system flow, and security programs.
- Planned effective business operations for networking jobs, managing accounts, and designing network layouts.
IT Security Manager Resume Sample 6
- Managed the security of data from over 800 hospital employees and administrators by installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting network security hardware.
- Researched the latest Internet viruses and hacker attacks weekly to supervise prevention techniques.
- Collaborated with a budget committee to allocate resources for software development and installations.
- Guided the installation of twenty PC-based firewalls to protect a virtual private network from data theft.
- Provided seamless online network continuity during a six-hour server upgrade by coordinating a three-team shift schedule.
IT Security Manager Resume Sample 7
- Assessed the development status of our 100% mobile contact management system iPhone application and Google App for Contacts.
- Designed a comprehensive security strategy to meet the need for a secure data storage area which includes physical security, network security, network access control, token control, encryption, authentication mechanisms implemented in our application.
- Designed a secure website for processing credit card payments from third parties.
IT Security Manager Resume Sample 8
- Proven analytical, research, and investigative skills to identify, classify, evaluate, and document harmful online threats.
- Able to perform security risk analysis on computers, software applications, data networks, and hardware devices.
- Proficient in administering network security monitoring tools to detect unauthorized intrusions.
- An effective team leader in the coordination of integrated efforts for resolving computer system problems.
- Expertise in all aspects of cyber security including access control, physical security, information assurance policies, and procedures.
IT Security Manager Resume Sample 9
- Intermediated support for a computer security system used across a regional area to enhance safety and prevent damage.
- Managed professional software development teams with responsibilities for developing new products, controlling development costs, and estimating risk.
- Oversaw technicians as they maintained technical documentation on over 100 diverse types of computer systems.
- Restructured existing policies to increase productivity by delegating responsibility to team leaders with defined work schedules.
- Verified accuracy of computer system data by personally examining key information sources each morning.
IT Security Manager Resume Sample 10
- Stimulated and supported internal change management regarding internal network policy and security by leading a team of four technicians.
- Coordinated and assigned responsibilities amongst team members to ensure timely implementation of assigned projects.
- Implemented secure VPN configuration to allow multiple offices access to shared databases.
- Analyzed and provided insight into proactive security precautions and financial liability limitations through case studies.
- Developed working relationships with other employees in regards to IT-related policies, procedures, and systems.
IT Security Manager Resume Sample 11
- Completed final negotiations for end-to-end security measures to protect the intellectual property of over one hundred thousand subscribers.
- Built strong partnerships with clients, vendors, and end-users for greater relationships and increased sales.
- Preserved over one hundred million dollars in assets by leading market research on cutting-edge encryption technology.
- Credited with increased productivity and cutting costs after analyzing systems and implementing recommended changes.
- Developed new relationships between customers and suppliers by designing new methods for onsite disaster recovery procedures.
IT Security Manager Resume Sample 12
- Educated, lead, and supervised 30+ help desk agents to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction for security incidents.
- Trained end-users on safety procedures to protect company data from viruses, malware, and spyware.
- Improved employee productivity through documentation of security policies and procedures.
- Established proactive technology detection strategies, education programs for companies worldwide, and managed worldwide security incident response teams (IRT).
- Created best practices for security incident response by researching current state-of-the-art intrusion detection systems (IDS) technologies.
IT Security Manager Resume Sample 13
- Created and maintained an online, interactive marketing website for a marketing firm, with 100% web traffic growth.
- Designed and managed an Android app that has gained over 4K downloads, to date.
- Managed 100’s of product support tickets, including Android versions 1 – 4, Blackberry versions 2 & 3, iPhones v2-4, Windows Mobile versions 7-8.
- Built a corporate phone system using Asterisk for over 1000 users in an office environment to support 1000 phones.
- Designed, managed, and implemented an enterprise-level server infrastructure to support 100’s of users with 100’s of servers.
IT Security Manager Resume Sample 14
- Mitigated cyber security weaknesses by updating information technology policy, standards, techniques, software, and practices.
- Maintained system security by implementing security best practices including penetration testing, file integrity monitoring, identity management policy updates, and ongoing vulnerability assessments.
- Secured corporate data by monitoring data traffic by reviewing firewall logs and intrusion detection systems reports.
- Preserved company reputation by proactively protecting intellectual property through ongoing vulnerability assessments and penetration testing.
- Prevented or mitigated cyber-attacks on major business operations through ongoing patch management process updates.
To become an IT security manager, a bachelor’s degree in computer science is required. An IT security manager must be analytical, must be an expert with computers, must have excellent organizational skills, must be adaptable, must be a problem-solver, must keep current with technological trends, and must have excellent time management skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best IT Security Manager Resume Samples
- IT Security Manager Resume Sample 1
- IT Security Manager Resume Sample 2
- IT Security Manager Resume Sample 3
- IT Security Manager Resume Sample 4
- IT Security Manager Resume Sample 5
- IT Security Manager Resume Sample 6
- IT Security Manager Resume Sample 7
- IT Security Manager Resume Sample 8
- IT Security Manager Resume Sample 9
- IT Security Manager Resume Sample 10
- IT Security Manager Resume Sample 11
- IT Security Manager Resume Sample 12
- IT Security Manager Resume Sample 13
- IT Security Manager Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up