These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Criminal Investigator resumes for your reference.
- Conducted liaison with federal and civilian law enforcement agencies and crime laboratories.
- Exercised sound judgment in the use of firearms and conducted training, qualification exercises, and courses in the proper care and use of firearms.
- Earned multiple Sharpshooter and Expert Marksmanship Awards in pistol and rifle qualifications respectively.
- Obtained and verified evidence by interviewing and observing suspects and witnesses and by analyzing records resulting in a 100% case resolution rate.
- Identified case issues and evidence needed, based on analysis of charges, complaints, and allegations of law violations ensuring accurate and timely reporting to established standards.
- Investigated illegal drug activity, larcenies, and other violations of federal code statutes resulting in the apprehension of 4 major drug distribution rings, and the seizure of thousands of dollars of controlled substances.
- Investigated on average about 400 cases a year – yielding an clearance rate above the national average.
- Supervised & led the investigation of several homicides, and assisted on numerous others.
- Assumed role of Watch Commander of the Investigation Division in the absence of the Captains and Lieutenants.
- Generated large case reports through intense documentation to be later used in a court of law.
- Learned to be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other related programs.
- Organized a daily appointment list for scheduling interviews with victims and suspects.
- Member of the Tactical Response Team, maintaining an extensive daily workout regiment and specialized training.
- Report writing, ad hoc requests, and preparing briefs adhering to standard military protocol.
- Secured search warrants to investigate scenes of crimes and collected evidence.
- Regularly coordinated with NCIS as well as various federal and local law enforcement agencies.
- Coordinated and worked with local law enforcement agencies in the area of major.
- Prepared investigative reports and testified before the Grand Jury and Courts.
- Created the curriculum for local officers, recruited instructors, and supervised admissions to the training facility.
- Conducted Criminal Investigations of major crimes from homicide to property crimes.
- Conduct extensive background research utilizing computer programs and face to face interviews.
- Insured evidence was properly collected, documented, handled and processed.
- Conducted felony investigations that contributed to an office solve rate of over 94%.
- Coordinated investigations with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.
- Maintained detailed case files of all cases assigned to monitor progress and completion.
- Liaison for military for drug enforcement operations with civilian law enforcement.
- Effectively communicate and problem solve while making professional decisions in fast paced work environments.
- Conduct criminal, fraud, and counterintelligence investigations/operations.
- Conduct interrogations and interviews and testify in judicial proceedings.
- Develop and maintain relationships with counter law enforcement agencies, team members.
- Analyze completed police reports to determine what additional information and investigative work is needed.
- Prepare charges or responses to charges, or information for court cases, according to formalized procedures.
- Coordinate with outside agencies and serve on interagency task forces to combat specific types of crime.
- Responsible for investigating all fraudulent crimes developed from current assignment.
- Conduct investigations in fraud, property and retail crimes, crimes against persons including workplace violence.
- Assist in writing policy, guidelines and standards to ensure proper procedures are in place and followed.
- Worked with corporate security leaders of major corporations during annual corporate events held within city.
- Maintained proper chain of custody regarding all evidence for submittal to appropriate laboratories for analysis (i.e. chemical/forensic).
- Identified and maintained crime scenes for evidence collection and documentation.
- Worked in collaboration with federal agencies to assist in fugitive apprehensions.
- Entrusted to maintain confidential information regarding criminal cases and company policy.