Criminal investigators work with law enforcement agencies to help prevent and solve crimes. Duties include collecting evidence, interviewing suspects and witnesses, maintaining case files, issuing subpoenas, and making arrests. Other important skills include analytic thinking, awareness of public safety practices, computer software proficiency, knowledge of police procedures, and speaking skills. A bachelor’s degree is usually required for this position, but some employers may prefer a high school diploma or equivalent with several years of experience in police work.
The Best Criminal Investigator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Criminal Investigator resumes for your reference.
- Conducted liaison with federal and civilian law enforcement agencies and crime laboratories.
- Exercised sound judgment in the use of firearms and conducted training, qualification exercises, and courses in the proper care and use of firearms.
- Earned multiple Sharpshooter and Expert Marksmanship Awards in pistol and rifle qualifications respectively.
- Met national standards for the completion of multiple tasks in difficult conditions, under time constraints.
- Identified and trapped criminal suspects; performed thorough, systematic investigation to the exact level of justice.
- Obtained and verified evidence by interviewing and observing suspects and witnesses and by analyzing records resulting in a 100% case resolution rate.
- Identified case issues and evidence needed, based on analysis of charges, complaints, and allegations of law violations ensuring accurate and timely reporting to established standards.
- Investigated illegal drug activity, larcenies, and other violations of federal code statutes resulting in the apprehension of 4 major drug distribution rings, and the seizure of thousands of dollars of controlled substances.
- Developed a network of inter-connected informants to obtain information and apprehend apprehended criminals.
- Accomplished undercover missions with success; received an individual commendation for clandestine operations.
- Investigated on average about 400 cases a year – yielding a clearance rate above the national average.
- Supervised & led the investigation of several homicides, and assisted on numerous others.
- Assumed role of Watch Commander of the Investigation Division in the absence of the Captains and Lieutenants.
- Investigated and solved organized crime cases by gathering evidence, interviewing pertinent suspects, and presenting the case in court with conviction.
- Formally recognized by judicial district, assisting local, state, and federal law enforcement with sensitive investigations and confidential informants, contributing to successful convictions on multiple counts of felony offenses.
- Generated large case reports through intense documentation to be later used in a court of law.
- Learned to be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other related programs.
- Organized a daily appointment list for scheduling interviews with victims and suspects.
- Member of the Tactical Response Team, maintaining an extensive daily workout regiment and specialized training.
- Assisted in the planning and execution of a joint federal-local task force investigation resulting in the apprehension of three major drug traffickers.
- Report writing, ad hoc requests, and preparing briefs adhering to standard military protocol.
- Secured search warrants to investigate scenes of crimes and collected evidence.
- Regularly coordinated with NCIS as well as various federal and local law enforcement agencies.
- Maintained a high degree of effectiveness as a member of an interagency task force resulting in the arrest of three Puerto Rican nationals for trafficking drugs into the United States.
- Successfully investigated homicide cases resulting in multiple convictions.
- Coordinated and worked with local law enforcement agencies in the area of major.
- Prepared investigative reports and testified before the Grand Jury and Courts.
- Created the curriculum for local officers, recruited instructors, and supervised admissions to the training facility.
- Investigated major cases. Transferred to new assignments where I interviewed the subject, learned details of the case, and obtained sufficient evidence to fully investigate and present all testimony in court.
- Found probable cause and suspects through thorough work. Securely handcuffed a violent offender, who was found guilty at trial of rape, kidnapping, threats of death, and assault with a deadly weapon on a minor in front of an on-looking jury.
- Conducted Criminal Investigations of major crimes from homicide to property crimes.
- Conduct extensive background research utilizing computer programs and face-to-face interviews.
- Insured evidence was properly collected, documented, handled, and processed.
- Promoted teamwork among other investigators with outstanding performance; received a commendation from the Executive Officer.
- Developed interrogation techniques and methods of obtaining relevant information when conducting interviews.
- Conducted felony investigations that contributed to an office solve rate of over 94%.
- Coordinated investigations with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies.
- Maintained detailed case files of all cases assigned to monitor progress and completion.
- Liaison for the military for drug enforcement operations with civilian law enforcement.
- Recognized for outstanding performance; was commended by the commander. commendation for outstanding service after the completion of an 18-month assignment with the California Highway Patrol.
- Effectively communicate and problem solve while making professional decisions in fast-paced work environments.
- Conduct criminal, fraud, and counterintelligence investigations/operations.
- Conduct interrogations and interviews and testify in judicial proceedings.
- Develop and maintain relationships with counter law enforcement agencies, team members.
- Researched, developed, and solved a high-profile case involving stolen military equipment by placing an informant on the street.
- Analyze completed police reports to determine what additional information and investigative work are needed.
- Prepare charges or responses to charges, or information for court cases, according to formalized procedures.
- Coordinate with outside agencies and serve on interagency task forces to combat specific types of crime.
- Investigated and prosecuted a highly publicized bank robbery outside of the U.S.; successfully apprehending the robber with dozens of witnesses to the crime.
- Prepared reports for me from “outside” sources regarding various aspects of investigating and prosecuting criminal acts.
- Responsible for investigating all fraudulent crimes developed from the current assignment.
- Conduct investigations in fraud, property and retail crimes, crimes against persons including workplace violence.
- Assist in writing policy, guidelines, and standards to ensure proper procedures are in place and followed.
- Worked with corporate security leaders of major corporations during annual corporate events held within the city.
- Conducted required research regarding numerous alleged incidents, which resulted in substantial convictions against individuals involved in illegal activities.
- Maintained proper chain of custody regarding all evidence for submittal to appropriate laboratories for analysis (i.e. chemical/forensic).
- Identified and maintained crime scenes for evidence collection and documentation.
- Worked in collaboration with federal agencies to assist in fugitive apprehensions.
- Entrusted to maintain confidential information regarding criminal cases and company policy.
- Directed a 30 man team of military police in the protection of high-ranking officials; directed investigation and resolution of espionage incidents.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.