Construction Supervisors are responsible for managing projects, assigning work and representing the company with customers. Their duties include hiring and training employees, performing pre and post job inspections, maintaining equipment, ensuring procedures are followed, reviewing paperwork and assisting the construction crew.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Construction Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Construction Supervisor resumes for your reference.
Construction Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Handled all aspects of construction projects including, but not limited to the preparation of daily activity reports, job site meetings, and progress meetings.
- Collaborated with project manager for multiple co-workers on multi-million dollar residential development sites in order to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction during growth period.
- Accomplished safety goals as set by OSHA and the company, without any recordable incidents during entire tenure.
- Successfully completed Lean Construction training and created value-stream maps for construction projects; helped to reduce man-hours on project by 20%.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer programs such as Prolog, Primavera, and AutoCAD to efficiently track, update, and present project status.
Construction Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Demonstrated success in coordinating and directing the work of unionized and non-unionized construction labor forces totaling up to 1,000 workers.
- Planned, directed, and supervised all aspects of large construction projects from pre-construction through close-out, ensuring on-time and on-budget completion.
- Managed safety and environmental compliance.
- Delivered exceptional service through constant communications with all site personnel while providing a safe working environment for all employees.
- Managed the hiring, staffing, motivation, training and development of a diverse workforce to meet budgetary requirements and customer expectations.
Construction Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Successfully hired, trained and supervised a crew of up to 15 construction workers while adhering to company policies and safety regulations.
- Oversaw the planning, coordination, and execution of all construction projects from start to finish.
- Substantially reduced construction budget by 20%, after conducting a time and materials analysis.
- Promoted from Construction Worker to Construction Supervisor after performing the role of team leader on a number of successful projects.
- Improved morale and work environment by developing a safety incentive program for employees based around weekly safety meetings, company newsletter, and company picnics.
Construction Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Led and directed the work of up to 15 construction workers ensuring projects were completed on time and within budget.
- Monitored safety regulations and ensured workers adhered to safety guidelines.
- Scheduled work and managed resources to ensure efficient use of labour.
- Managed inventory of supplies and equipment to ensure adequate quantities were available.
- Recognized by company leaders for leadership, teamwork, communication skills, attitude, initiative, loyalty.
Construction Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Managed six unpaid interns in completing tasks of daily workload.
- Increased construction productivity on new project by 20% over plan while maintaining budget through effective planning and efficient allocation of resources.
- Resolved conflicts between subcontractors effectively resulting in an agreement to increase work efficiency without increasing cost to the company.
- Recruited and interviewed candidates for open positions within the company; successfully placed two employees.
- Negotiated contracts with current and potential subcontractors, saving the company $50,000 on one project.
Construction Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Supervised a crew of eight, including three laborers, two masons, two carpenters, and one plumber.
- Oversaw daily construction process of commercial properties in compliance with all building codes, federal regulations, warranty requirements & contractual obligations.
- Trained new employees on safety procedures to reduce employee injury.
- Recruited and managed additional work force to complete the construction of one project on time and under budget; recognized by senior management.
- Coached and motivated employees to achieve peak performance and productivity results by using effective communication strategies and following progressive disciplinary action.
Construction Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Supervised, coordinated, and inspected the work of carpenters, masons, and other construction workers.
- Reported to management on job progress, problems, and possible solutions.
- Recommended changes in working procedure to increase efficiency of crew.
- Inspected completed work to ensure that it met specifications.
- Maintained records of construction materials used and costs.
Construction Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Supervised all on-site labor and resources to ensure project completion within budget and schedule constraints.
- Monitored job site safety, including enforcing specific safety protocols and documenting any incidents or accidents.
- Reported progress of work to the client and project management team, ensuring that all stakeholders were kept up to date on current status.
- Resolved any issues that arose during the course of the project, including conflict resolution with contractors and suppliers.
- Liaised with other construction supervisors and tradespeople to ensure coordination of work across all sites.
Construction Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Led and supervised all aspects of construction projects, ensuring that work was completed in a timely and safe manner.
- Monitored and coordinated workers, materials, and equipment to ensure that projects were proceeding on schedule and within budget.
- Reviewed and prepared reports on project status, personnel productivity, and budget expenditures.
- Maintained communication with clients, architects, engineers, and other professionals involved in projects.
- Recruited, interviewed, and hired construction workers; developed training programs for new employees.
Construction Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Directed the construction of two subdivisions with over 55 homes; contributed to company’s award for Best Home Design.
- Promoted to Project Manager; oversaw the planning, organization, and coordination of work teams.
- Developed leadership skills during overseas travel while delivering on-site training courses in Spain and France; trained over 100 workers.
- Pioneered the integration of new technologies into the company’s operations and equipment.
- Improved safety and productivity by 20% and 12%, respectively, during 1st year as Supervisor; reported to Vice President of Human Resources.
Construction Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Successfully completed pre-employment drug screening, reference checks, and criminal background checks on all applicants.
- Monitored and tracked the progress of construction projects; supervised all on-site personnel.
- Negotiated and finalized contracts with clients, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Established positive relations with local businesses, community leaders, and government officials.
- Collaborated with comptroller to develop monthly project budgets; reported financial progress of projects.
Construction Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Created, organized, and implemented training programs for new employees in all aspects of construction.
- Supervised the conduction of all projects within budget constraints, using common sense to determine how much material is needed.
- Hired personnel based on their experience with the same building material. Organized project assembly line to minimize wasted time and money.
- Received an award for “Best Safety Record” due to the lack of any on-the-job accidents during my tenure as supervisor.
- Was responsible for maintaining contact with clients, architects, subcontractors, and inspectors to ensure that the project ran smoothly and met all expectations.
Construction Supervisor Resume Sample 13
- Supervised, coordinated and monitored all aspects of construction with a team of up to 50 employees.
- Provided leadership and support to ensure that all work was completed safely, on time and within budget constraints.
- Monitored and analyzed job progress and ensured that all safety regulations were complied with.
- Generated daily reports on work progress and submitted to management.
- Received an award for the company’s best safety record.
To work as a Construction Supervisor you’ll need a high school diploma or GED, and experience in construction and supervision of employees. Construction Supervisors must demonstrate clear communication skills, basic computer skills, team work, accountability, discipline, time management and flexibility to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.