Audit Directors oversee the auditing plan for accounting and financial information of businesses. Their duties include creating an audit plan, writing reports on accounting and financial data, making suggestions to businesses based on what the audit reveals, verifying assets, ensuring the business complies with government rules, and managing government contracts.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Audit Director Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Audit Director resumes for your reference.
Audit Director Resume Sample 1
- Successfully directed and conducted audits in accordance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and Government Auditing Standards (GAS).
- Led audit teams in the examination of financial statements, internal controls, and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Reviewed audit workpapers and issued management letters identifying control deficiencies to management.
- Authored accounting standards updates; issued guidance to audit professionals in the implementation of new and revised auditing standards.
- Trained staff auditors who conducted audits in various functional areas within finance, including cash, acquisitions, accounts payable, fixed assets, payrolls, reconciliations, internal control testing, and government contract audits.
Audit Director Resume Sample 2
- Led a team of 50 auditors overseeing the audits of more than 5,000 properties for local government.
- Spearheaded an initiative to reduce turnaround times on audits from 160 days to 120 days.
- Orchestrated all activities involved with Revenue Cycle Services resulting in increased revenues of $20 million within one year.
- Recruited, hired and trained 30 new auditors for the department resulting in a 25% increase in audit staff.
- Groundbreaking leadership skills have resulted in multiple awards during tenure with company, including “Employee of the Month” five times.
Audit Director Resume Sample 3
- Successfully directed, coordinated, and conducted audits in accordance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and government auditing standards.
- Supervised a team of auditors and ensured that all audits were performed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Recognized with achievement award for completing audits on time and under budget; singled-handedly completed a $45 million annual audit.
- Spearheaded the implementation of auditing standards modernizing project to bring company into compliance with new federal and state laws.
- Pioneered and guided the development and implementation of an audit training program.
Audit Director Resume Sample 4
- Directed the audits of 10 different clients on a wide variety of issues, which produced more than $8 million in revenues for my firm.
- Spearheaded an effective solution to recover lost revenue after external audit team was caught embezzling company funds; discovered by internal audit staff before any client funds were compromised.
- Rebounded company reputation after clients were subject to federal charges of securities fraud, through effective remediation work.
- Trim expenses by 37% without reduction in service quality; effected by enforcing strict time management standards among staff members.
- Streamlined the audit process by developing an automated audit tracking system that allowed for more efficient tracking of audit requests.
Audit Director Resume Sample 5
- Oversaw staff of five professionals in the performance of financial statement audits for large, mid-sized public companies.
- Substantially improved client retention by consulting on internal controls and operating procedures; demonstrated long-term commitment to collaborative working relationships.
- Redesigned client service model resulting in increased firm profitability; led team in the performance of agreed-upon procedures engagements.
- Authored and presented at numerous continuing professional education seminars on auditing, accounting, and financial statement analysis topics.
- Recognized as thought leader in the field; appointed to AICPA Peer Review Committee.
Audit Director Resume Sample 6
- Led and directed all aspects of financial statement audits for a variety of clients in various industries, resulting in issuance of unmodified opinions.
- Successfully completed Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance audits for public companies, including designing and executing test plans, reviewing controls, and drafting management letters.
- Identified and implemented process improvements that contributed to significant cost reductions for an assigned client.
- Participated in various initiatives that improved firm capabilities, including SSAE 16 implementation, SOX 404 testing experience, and value-added work with clients.
- Led efforts to implement a consolidated audit workpaper solution, resulting in improved efficiency and quality of audits.
Audit Director Resume Sample 7
- Identified and developed a plan for the organizational restructuring of an additional division.
- Completes audits within deadlines, thereby reducing operational costs.
- Reduces overhead expenses through increased efficiency by 20%.
- Plans and organizes project work to meet cash flow requirements of multiple governmental funding projects.
- Developed and implemented a plan to reduce audit cycle time by 40%.
Audit Director Resume Sample 8
- Led a staff of 12 auditors with a budget of over $5 million.
- Managed all aspects of an audit from planning to completion, including detailed project management and risk assessment.
- Authored accounting guidance related to revenue recognition as part of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act Requirements for public companies.
- Implemented accounting changes to the company’s financial reporting systems while working in three different accounting groups over two years.
- Identified potential risks during audits and implemented solutions that allowed the audit team to complete tasks within budget, on time, and with minimal disruption to other departments.
Audit Director Resume Sample 9
- Redesigned the way auditors audit their clients, which lead to a 30% increase in production.
- Oversaw employees for 45 days during one month absence required for surgery.
- Provided leadership for 600 employees working on 100+ audits throughout the entire year.
- Achieved 12% increase in the year-over-year growth of a client relationship.
- Introduced new risk assessment tool that impacts industry standard for auditors and their clients.
Audit Director Resume Sample 10
- Accorded with international auditing groups including Ernst & Young, PricewaterhouseCoopers to lead audits for clients in the US and Europe.
- Successfully completed 10 consecutive assignments as a staff auditor within one year despite being new to the firm.
- Promoted and relocated across ten states and four countries within two years to provide guidance and oversight on international audit engagements.
- Trained staff auditors in the state of Washington through mentoring, conference presentations, and site supervision.
- Authored reports for numerous clients including Macy’s Department Stores, Waste Management Inc., Conoco-Phillips, Brown & Root Inc., Alliant Techsystems Inc.
Audit Director Resume Sample 11
- Identified issues that could be resolved by hiring additional staff members to increase productivity.
- Cultivated positive relationships with clients through daily contact via phone calls, email, and in-person visits which led to an overall improvement in client satisfaction.
- Achieved ability to complete multiple audits within deadlines while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Identified opportunities for process improvement through effective communication with management and teams within the department.
- Worked closely with senior managers to identify complex accounting issues that needed to be resolved.
Audit Director Resume Sample 12
- Drafted a proposed Regulation S-X amendment for increased disclosure of related-party transactions, and identified the impacts on client financial statements.
- Increased client revenue by $116,500 in just six years; recognized by Regional Partner as one of company’s top five highest producers.
- Spearheaded systems enhancement of a client, creating more efficient workflow and increasing the volume of transactions processed.
- Reviewed all accounts for financial statement accuracy as you cross-referenced to source documents.
- Achieved attainment of Chartered Global Management Accountant designation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
To become an Audit Director, you must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and 2-5 years of work experience in accounting. Audit Directors demonstrate analytical thinking, creativity, integrity, independent judgment, attention to detail, leadership, and good communication.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.