A Personal Shopper provides shopping advice and services to clients. Their duties include communicating with customers, recommending products, supporting clients with their exchanges and returns, growing their client base, processing payments, keeping up to date with shopping trends and products.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Personal Shopper Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Personal Shopper resumes for your reference.
Personal Shopper Resume Sample 1
- Know how to effectively communicate with customers and properly assist them.
- Delivered on in-store merchandise within a timely manner.
- Accomplished daily tasks for orders.
- Avoided delays as much as possible; kept manager updated on the retail’s progress via reports and call logs.
- Researched new items and products; efficiently placed orders; and maintained inventory.
Personal Shopper Resume Sample 2
- Consistently selected top sellers from stores; delivered the best products to buyers in a timely manner.
- Streamlined the operations of three local stores, improving profit margins and meetisg inventory requirements.
- Communicated effectively with all retail vendors ; achieved success in motivating employees and upper management through consistent customer service.
- Maintained an excellent relationship with customers and providing exceptional customer service “K” rating during a three-month period.
- Recruited new employees for the company, resulting in increased sales revenue while increasing productivity.
Personal Shopper Resume Sample 3
- Searched and obtained products using the Internet, catalogs, and sales representatives.
- Processed payments and adjusted accounts, as needed.
- Managed numerous employees who handled customer service via telephone inquiries and Internet chatrooms.
- Trained employees in telephone etiquette, cash handling, including counts and deposits.
- Resolved customer issues regarding billing and shipping; recommended improvements to the company website to enhance customer satisfaction.
Personal Shopper Resume Sample 4
- Enhanced customer service by initiating new policies and procedures to assist 30% in the increase sales within three months; recognized for outstanding performance by the Regional Manager.
- Established rapport with customers and co-workers; facilitated a sense of community and camaraderie while promoting team effort in building strong customer relationships.
- Exhibited superior planning and organizational skills in managing multiple tasks.
- Handled customer complaints professionally.
- Provided solutions to customer concerns, enhancing customer satisfaction levels.
Personal Shopper Resume Sample 5
- Maintained a clean and neat appearance while visiting customers.
- Maintained an excellent attitude while providing outstanding customer service.
- Achieved High Productivity ranking on the top sales team; coached by the Regional Manager.
- Recognized as Best Personal Shopper in Retail and was awarded $100 cash bonus; awarded by the store manager for exceeding sales goals by 25% during the month of February 2006.
- Achieved individual sales of $4000, the highest in the store; awarded by the store manager.
Personal Shopper Resume Sample 6
- Created a window dressing/toiletries/shoe department that had the highest customer satisfaction rating of all the department locations; recognized by other stores in the chain.
- Achieved award for selling products in a timely manner; recognized by management for integrity and ethical standards.
- Identified and offered sales promotions to customers purchasing high volume items; recognized by supervisors as an effective outreach representative.
- Achieving top sales ranking in a 5 store chain; attained achievement award based on performance, presentation, organizational atmosphere and ability to “think outside of the box” when necessary.
- Received award for outstanding sales ranking; recognized by the company’s chief executive officer.
Personal Shopper Resume Sample 7
- Researched and selected merchandise for customers based on their likes, dislikes, and preferences.
- Developed a rapport with clients through friendly, courteous service; increased sales per customer visit by 22% for the first quarter.
- Handpicked clothes for a famous film star; received appreciation letter from her stylist.
- Achieved award as the most efficient checker in the district; received a raise in pay and recognition from my boss.
- Empowered to assist customers with choosing styles not found in the store; discovered a niche market of women looking for authenticity, credibility and support in finding fashionable clothes to match their needs.
Personal Shopper Resume Sample 8
- Processed assigned customer orders on time according to schedule. Gathered, sorted and packaged merchandise in accordance with the stores’ policy and store requirements.
- Received award for placing highest number of products during the sales contest.
- Achieved award for contributing to a record number of sales during previous year’s anniversary sale.
- Received award for assisting with the highest number of origination during sports season product placement contest.
Personal Shopper Resume Sample 9
- Recognized by the Store Manager for exceeding sales and customer service goals.
- Promoted to Personal Shopper; managed staff and sales goals as Floor Manager.
- Assisted in developing a training manual for all new employees; received award for exceptional contribution.
- Identified training opportunities which reduced turnover and improved employee satisfaction; recognized by the Human Resources department as an employee role model.
- Handled a delicate situation with care and professionalism; responded to customers needs while maintaining store image; recognized by the regional manager with an award of excellence.
Personal Shopper Resume Sample 10
- Interacted with clients on a daily basis; provided outstanding customer service.
- Provided assistance to the sales representatives during in-store events; drafted correspondence to customers.
- Filed food orders correctly and delivered them in a timely manner.
- Handled complaints with professionalism and empathy.
- Monitored the training needs of new employees by assessing their performance and providing appropriate feedback.
Personal Shopper Resume Sample 11
- Analyzed customer’s clothing needs for all shifts and in all styles: pants, suits, dress, casual and party. Made suggestions through catalogs and on-the-spot with customer.
- Effectively maintained inventory levels; adhered to store policy regarding special order items.
- Maintained bond with customers by providing personalized service that exceeded their expectations whether they shopped in store or on-line.
- Achieved award for making the most sales in a department during the sales contest.
- Received award for exceeding goals established by the department managers and being recognized as “most outstanding” when chosen to be an F&B Supervisor for the year.
Personal Shopper Resume Sample 12
- Collaborated with senior management to develop new merchandising strategy.
- Conducted special needs tours for disabled customers; completed special needs tours for a 90-year-old customer.
- Complemented malls’ image by providing on the spot sales instruction, expert shopping advice and retail tips to shoppers.
- Achieved an in-store sales increase of more than $40 per sq. ft. while maintaining exceptional customer service; recognized by management for exceptional sales performance.
- Delivered a seamless shopping experience to a major celebrity; validated VIP treatment and ensured that the shopper received all the red carpet treatment from entry to exit.
Personal Shopper Resume Sample 13
- Achieved highest sales during first professional month; frequently featured on the floor and in the store advertisements.
- Received highest rating in customer satisfaction survey. Replaced sales associates with less favorable ratings.
- Won employee of the month award for exceeding sales quota and exceeding expectations of management.
- Recognized as a cost saving measure by streamlining scheduling, informing customers of weekly/monthly promotions, and suggesting potential purchases that customers would not have considered.
- Suggested improvements to design layout that resulted in an increase of revenue from 15% to 24%.
Personal Shopper Resume Sample 14
- Accumulated a record of completing orders on time, including weekend orders and special orders.
- Achieved the highest level of customer satisfaction by winning an award for outstanding sales performance.
- Received a “salesman of the month” award as well as thanked by customers for excellent customer service during whole sale/business hours.
- Acquired recognition as a valued team member by achieving sales goals within the company by working day and evening shifts, weekends, and vacations.
- In addition to earning awards on his own, with the business owner shop making over $10 million in gross annual sales.
To work as a Personal Shopper, there is no formal education, but it helps to have a high school diploma. A personal Shopper must be knowledgeable of the latest trends and styles, have excellent customer service skills -professional approach, outstanding communication skills, effective time management, organizational capabilities, basic computer knowledge, and experience in sales-fashion-marketing.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.