These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Payroll Manager resumes for your reference.
- Responsible for a department of 6 payroll clerks in the corporate office.
- Collection and audit of weekly payroll for all temporary associates located in California and out of state locations.
- Audit and processing of all client billing and weekly submittal.
- Check processing, audit and distribution on a weekly payroll schedule for all temporary employees at contracted client locations.
- Manage the Payroll Department and payroll workload to meet operational requirements.
- Ensure payroll is processed in an accurate, compliant and timely manner.
- Ensure all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Managed and developed a staff of 3 payroll administrator that created an environment that foster payroll integrity and customer service as a standard.
- Brought the error down from about 70% per payroll to less than 1% per payroll within a month of been given the position.
- Served as a liaison between the payroll department, human resources, finance department, corporate, and benefit department.
- Managed the payroll department and ensured compliance with all federal, state, and local taxes, as well as benefits and other legally authorized deductions (Company closed – 450 employees).
- Administered the processing of an in-house multi-state and multi-company biweekly payroll.
- Accurately prepared and filed required reports, certified payroll reports and payments to government agencies, insurance carriers and vendors.
- Managed the daily, in house Payroll Processing and Benefit Administration for up to 1,000 employees in multiple states.
- Directly supervised Assistant Payroll Manager, 4 Payroll Clerks and 1 Purchasing Manager.
- Prepared and submitted all Federal, State, County, & Local tax reports and payments in accordance with agency requirements & disputed unwarranted penalties when necessary.
- Complete payroll processing for 600 staff in a multi-state, multi-company environment.
- Month-end closing procedure including accountability reporting and various reconciliation processes.
- Oversee and adjust payroll tax filings prepared by third party processing company.
- Reporting responsibilities to various internal departments and outside agencies.
- Manage the processing of semi-monthly payroll for exempt and bi weekly for non-exempt employees in multi-state environment.
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems, directing the collections, calculation and entering changes and data in to ADP US and International.
- Update and audit payroll records and any changes in compensation, commissions and bonuses for US and International employees.
- Processed payroll weekly for up to a 100 employees, paid payroll taxes, filed quarter reports, scanned and filed payroll documents.
- Completed monthly union reports and processed union audits.
- Managed accounts payables in QuickBooks, processed garnishments and unemployment benefits notices.
- Processed Worker’s Compensation insurance audits and projects audits with school districts, cities, and the California Department of Industrial Relations.
- Provide assistance to the Accounting Department for required billing corrections.
- Provide back-up for payroll processing when needed and cover for all department positions.
- Responsible for the distribution of the annual W-2 mailings and replacement copies as requested.
- Process tax liabilities on a weekly bases running report out of Great Plains, and uploading them into ADP.
- Process Illinois taxes on a monthly basis by running reports in GP and uploading them into ADP for report to the state.
- Process quarterly taxes for all modalities and upload them into ADP for reporting.
- Works with the Director of corporate payroll in processing and maintaining taxes in Great Plains.
- Review all suspense accounts for mapping in GP and working with finance to correct the mapping.
- Automated and streamlined all functions of the payroll processing and department functions.
- Completed multiple system implementations to enhance state of the art payroll processing.
- Process payroll and commissions for 500+ regular and union employees.
- Report all pension/health & welfare payments for union employees without incurring liquidated damages.
- Passed all payroll audits post transition while ensuring minimal disruption/adjustments to the payroll process.
- Supported the transition from a company-owned store model to a franchise-centric model; led payout for 5,000+ employees in six months.
- Partnered with individual store management to provide manual checks during transition.
- Recognized for successfully managing all change and transition as payroll team was reduced from three to one.