A payroll manager is responsible for preparing and paying employees. Duties include ensuring that all employees are paid on time, filing payroll records, updating employee information, processing Medicare/Social Security taxes, and ensuring that employees have received all proper forms and paperwork. The top skills for this position are customer service, sales, office software proficiency, writing/editing experience, and business management. A bachelor’s degree is required for this position along with a background in business management or human resources.
The Best Payroll Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Payroll Manager resumes for your reference.
- Responsible for a department of 6 payroll clerks in the corporate office.
- Collection and audit of weekly payroll for all temporary associates located in California and out-of-state locations.
- Audit and processing of all client billing and weekly submittal.
- Check processing, audit, and distribution on a weekly payroll schedule for all temporary employees at contracted client locations.
- Processed all timesheets, payroll, and pay rate requests according to company policy within three business days. Performed weekly and monthly audits; identified and resolved errors in a timely manner.
- Manage the Payroll Department and payroll workload to meet operational requirements.
- Ensure payroll is processed in an accurate, compliant, and timely manner.
- Ensure all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Wrote correspondence to employees explaining the new techniques of recording their hours; received an increase in employee feedback regarding the new methods.
- Attained award for outstanding service as Payroll Manager; provided reliable service that reflects positively upon the company.
- Managed and developed a staff of 3 payroll administrators that created an environment that fostered payroll integrity and customer service as a standard.
- Brought the error down from about 70% per payroll to less than 1% per payroll within a month of being given the position.
- Served as a liaison between the payroll department, human resources, finance department, corporate, and benefits department.
- Increased efficiency by 15% in payroll processing of 100 employees by streamlining a manual method used to record hours; saved $10,000 on returned check fees due to improved record-keeping procedures.
- Processed and uploaded employees’ employment taxes, W-2s, and 1099s.
- Managed the payroll department and ensured compliance with all federal, state, and local taxes, as well as benefits and other legally authorized deductions (Company closed – 450 employees).
- Administered the processing of an in-house multi-state and multi-company biweekly payroll.
- Accurately prepared and filed required reports, certified payroll reports, and payments to government agencies, insurance carriers, and vendors.
- Helped to build strong relationships with employees, supervisors, and the City of Atlanta.
- Assisted in the management of more than 50 employees for six years.
- Managed the daily, in-house Payroll Processing and Benefits Administration for up to 1,000 employees in multiple states.
- Directly supervised Assistant Payroll Manager, 4 Payroll Clerks, and 1 Purchasing Manager.
- Prepared and submitted all Federal, State, County, & Local tax reports and payments in accordance with agency requirements & disputed unwarranted penalties when necessary.
- Recognized as a top performer by district leadership; received excellent recognition from the City of Atlanta for achievements in managing human resources.
- Received “Employee of the month” award; recognized as among top 10% highest-paid employees in Human Resources department by Vice President and District Leadership.
- Complete payroll processing for 600 staff in a multi-state, multi-company environment.
- Month-end closing procedure including accountability reporting and various reconciliation processes.
- Oversee and adjust payroll tax filings prepared by third-party processing companies.
- Reporting responsibilities to various internal departments and outside agencies.
- Accomplished payroll for thirty-four full-time employees.
- Manage the processing of semi-monthly payroll for exempt and bi-weekly for non-exempt employees in a multi-state environment.
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems, directing the collections, calculation, and entering changes and data into ADP US and International.
- Update and audit payroll records and any changes in compensation, commissions, and bonuses for US and International employees.
- Created and maintained attendance/leave tracking systems, as well as developed and implemented new policies, procedures, and ERP.
- Designed new benefits programs to enhance employee wellness, productivity, and participation.
- Processed payroll weekly for up to 100 employees, paid payroll taxes, filed quarter reports, and scanned and filed payroll documents.
- Completed monthly union reports and processed union audits.
- Managed accounts payables in QuickBooks, and processed garnishments and unemployment benefits notices.
- Processed Worker’s Compensation insurance audits and project audits with school districts, cities, and the California Department of Industrial Relations.
- Designed a customized incentive program that successfully exceeded management goals.
- Provide assistance to the Accounting Department for required billing corrections.
- Provide back-up for payroll processing when needed and cover for all department positions.
- Responsible for the distribution of the annual W-2 mailings and replacement copies as requested.
- Hired the youngest applicant in more than ten years of recruitment; increased retention rate by 40%.
- Successfully coached, trained, and supported over 100 employees in payroll, benefits, and HR policies in a large retail organization.
- Process tax liabilities on a weekly bases running reports out of Great Plains, and uploading them into ADP.
- Process Illinois taxes on a monthly basis by running reports in GP and uploading them into ADP for reporting to the state.
- Process quarterly taxes for all modalities and upload them into ADP for reporting.
- Works with the Director of corporate payroll in processing and maintaining taxes in Great Plains.
- Review all suspense accounts for mapping in GP and work with finance to correct the mapping.
- Automated and streamlined all functions of the payroll processing and department functions.
- Completed multiple system implementations to enhance state-of-the-art payroll processing.
- Process payroll and commissions for 500+ regular and union employees.
- Report all pension/health & welfare payments for union employees without incurring liquidated damages.
- Met with many agencies and department managers to resolve payroll issues and ensure timely processing of employees’ taxes.
- Passed all payroll audits post-transition while ensuring minimal disruption/adjustments to the payroll process.
- Supported the transition from a company-owned store model to a franchise-centric model; led payout for 5,000+ employees in six months.
- Partnered with individual store management to provide manual checks during the transition.
- Recognized for successfully managing all change and transition as payroll team was reduced from three to one.
- Assessed job knowledge of all training classes held by all supervisors.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.