A Pastry Chef is responsible for using recipes and techniques to produce all baked goods. Duties include preparing and cooking food according to the needs of the business and culinary standards, which may include creating new recipes for pastries. The Pastry Chef helps establish a positive work environment by providing suggestions for product and service improvement. Customer service is a key skill for this position, as it requires creating pastries that will appeal to customers. An associate degree is the minimum educational requirement, but it is preferred that Pastry Chefs also have baking and cooking experience.
The Best Pastry Chef Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Pastry Chef resumes for your reference.
- Interacting with the student body through dessert demonstrations and tastings.
- Ensures proper presentation, food quality, portion control, and maintenance of proper serving temperatures.
- Checks to ensure that all food is presented, served, and displayed per standards.
- Working with seasonal products to ensure the students are exposed to seasonal quality.
- Catered over 25 events in the Pacific Northwest and Hawaii, including weddings, business meetings, and parties.
- In charge of the organization, bake-off, pack out, and delivery to a sister store in Danville every morning.
- Responsible for managing, ordering, and costing inventory and products.
- Responsible for the production of various pastry items such as macarons, mousses, cakes, cookies, English muffins, cinnamon rolls, marshmallows, and other various confections.
- Attained knowledge and skills of multiple ingredients to create delectable pastries and desserts.
- Received awards for excellence in customer service, sanitation, organization, and presentation.
- Created new daily dessert specials, focused on seasonality and creative flavor pairings.
- Maintained daily production assignments, and oversaw catering orders and holiday menu planning and tastings.
- In charge of product ordering, inventory, prep lists, recipe updating, and training within the department.
- Won culinary arts contest in Honolulu by creating original, showy cake able to feed over 300 people; featured on Hawaii news stations.
- Established Hawaiian restaurant as a premier place to enjoy delicious pastries from scratch baked onsite.
- Working overnight shift, being productive, and making sure product is ready before the next shift.
- Creating gourmet desserts that are both palatable and appealing to the eye.
- Working with clients to provide exactly what they are looking for.
- Work with catering chef to provide excellent service to large parties.
- Implemented dessert preparation, customer service, and financial management roles at the prestigious 5-star luxury cruise liner, the SS Venus.
- Produce all pastry-related amenities for guests as ordered by Front Desk, Concierge, or guests themselves.
- Design and cost new Cake Order Form and produce, with team members, all occasion cakes as ordered from 6â€ birthday cakes to wedding cakes for up to 75 people.
- Supervise a department of five including a Chef de Partie, J-1 Visa employees, and current La Quinta High School student interns.
- Improved customer satisfaction by developing new recipes and consistently delivering custom cakes and pastries to meet customer preferences.
- Consistently received positive feedback regarding the presentation of desserts; was awarded ‘Best Dessert Waitress” of the month by passengers eight times.
- Procured and ordered specialty items, all banquet appetizers, and desserts from multiple purveyors within budgeted guidelines.
- Place orders for all outsourced cooks for banquets even action stations through Acrobat Outsourcing.
- Complete all ordering and management of accounts for all uniforms from Cintas.
- Facilitated the developmental process of brainstorming for a new concept restaurant for the hotel while working closely with the Executive Chef and consulting chef.
- Envisioned and picked out FOH uniforms for the new concept restaurant as well as the china and glassware.
- Inspected kitchen and baking equipment for safety and cleanliness on a daily basis.
- Keep daily tasks organized, complete weekly inventory, and order supplies daily.
- Supervised and skillfully handled every work within the given period of time, and within a specific budget.
- Resolved an incident with three disgruntled customers by developing new recipes and providing a free buffet for all guests on a 7-day cruise.
- Displayed excellence in leadership roles within the ship’s pastry shop; headed special charity fundraising events such as cake auctions for local charities.
- Responsible for menu planning and review, end-to-end production, inventory management, special events, and banquets.
- Developing new menus and corresponding activities, including tasting meetings to solicit server and general management feedback, review meetings to communicate plating guidelines to kitchen staff, as well as additional inventory and production of new menu items.
- Support special events through the production of additional menu items or specialty cakes.
- Other duties include inventory, scheduling, and payroll of all kitchen staff.
- Won the “Best Dessert” award at a local bake-off; created and baked original desserts (cookies, cake, brownies, and cupcakes) to win over 100 competitions.
- Oversaw all bread production on a daily basis which included: focaccia, ciabatta, sourdough rounds and baguettes, grissini, pizza dough, the feeding of all starters, crackers all made from scratch and going into steam injected ovens.
- Oversaw all pastry production on a daily basis including plated desserts for the restaurant, desserts for the cafÃ©, and room service for the hotel.
- Prepared all breakfast paste ties including croissants, muffins, breakfast pizza, bombolio.
- Developed new recipes and simplified old ones, creating healthy culinary selections including wheat-free meal replacement bars.
- Instructed 7 – 10 hour classes on customer service skills in front of a room of 150+ people.
- Cooking Liquid caramel, nuts praline, European mousse cakes, classic cakes, French brioche, French and Italian meringue, mousse cheesecake, classic cheesecake, choux cakes, profiteroles, mousse pastry, white and milk chocolate candies, pound cakes, nuts shortcakes, fruits shortcakes, quiche lorraine.
- Catered coffee breaks to up to 150 people every day, sometimes catered candy bars to up to 100 people.
- Been on time for work every day, cleaning the kitchen and kitchen equipment.
- Received various awards for innovation in the food industry. Began working with local restaurants to have their products featured in pastry chef classes, adding unique items to their menus while developing new glaze recipes for gelato that were named best-of-the-year.
- Redeemed desserts by composing scintillating creations that soon became the much-discussed topic of cafeteria discussion.
- Developed menus and prepared all dessert components for lunch and dinner a la carte service.
- Prepared, ordered, and displayed dessert items for weekly brunches and dinners, as well as grand buffets for holidays and large-scale events.
- Attended meetings/tastings with Banquet Manager and club members to plan desserts for private functions.
- Designed and created a dessert buffet as a part of a company celebration; feedback was positive and consistent.
- Demonstrated superb leadership and coordination skills by training a kitchen staff of ten to achieve top sales for the restaurant.
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interests of customers.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients and make appropriate orders within budget.
- Maintain a clean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards.
- Awarded three-star chef ranking by the prestigious food critic.
- Regarded as one of the most creative and innovative chefs in the creation of recipes, decor, and service; guest satisfaction ratings confirm this.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.