These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Pastry Chef resumes for your reference.
- Interacting with the student body through dessert demonstrations and tastings.
- Ensures proper presentation, food quality, portion control and maintenance of proper serving temperatures.
- Checks to ensure that all food is presented, served and displayed per standards.
- Working with seasonal products to ensure the students are exposed to seasonal quality.
- In charge of organization, bake off, pack out, and delivery to sister store in Danville every morning.
- Responsible for managing, ordering, and costing inventory and products.
- Responsible for the production of various pastry items such as macarons, mousses, cakes, cookies, English muffins, cinnamon rolls, marshmallows, and other various confections.
- Created new daily dessert specials, focused on seasonality and creative flavor pairings.
- Maintained daily production assignments, oversaw catering orders and holiday menu planning and tastings.
- In charge of product ordering, inventory, prep lists, recipe updating and training within the department.
- Working over night shift, being productive, and making sure product is ready before next shift.
- Creating gourmet desserts that are both palatable and appealing to the eye.
- Working with clients to provide exactly what they are looking for.
- Work with catering chef to provide excellent service to large parties.
- Produce all pastry-related amenities for guests as ordered by Front Desk, Concierge or guests themselves.
- Design and cost new Cake Order Form and produce, with team members, all occasion cakes as ordered from 6” birthday cakes to wedding cakes for up to 75 people.
- Supervise a department of five including a Chef de Partie, J-1 Visa employees and current La Quinta High School student interns.
- Procured and ordered specialty items, all banquet appetizers and desserts from multiple purveyors within budgeted guidelines.
- Place orders for all outsourced cooks for banquet even action stations through Acrobat Outsourcing.
- Complete all ordering and management of account for all uniforms from Cintas.
- Facilitated the developmental process of brainstorming for a new concept restaurant for the hotel while working closely with the Executive Chef and consulting chef.
- Envisioned and picked out FOH uniforms for new concept restaurant as well as the china and glassware.
- Inspected kitchen and baking equipment for safety and cleanliness on a daily basis.
- Keep daily tasks organized, complete weekly inventory and order supplies daily.
- Supervised and skillfully handled ever work within given perios of time, and a specific budget.
- Responsible for menu planning and review, end-to-end production, inventory management, special events, and banquets.
- Developing new menus and corresponding activities, including tasting meetings to solicit server and general management feedback, review meetings to communicate plating guidelines to kitchen staff, as well as additional inventory and production of new menu items.
- Support special events through production of additional menu items or specialty cakes.
- Other duties include inventory, scheduling, payroll off all kitchen staff.
- Oversaw all bread production on a daily basis which included: focaccia, ciabatta, sourdough rounds and baguettes, grissini, pizza dough, the feeding of all starters, crackers all made from scratch and going into steam injected ovens.
- Oversaw all pastry production on a daily basis including plated desserts for the restaurant, desserts for the café and room service for the hotel.
- Prepared all breakfast paste ties including croissants, muffins, breakfast pizza, bombolio.
- Cooking Liquid caramel, nuts praline, European mousse cakes, classic cakes, French brioche, French and Italian meringue, mousse cheesecake, classic cheesecake, choux cakes, profiteroles, mousse pastry, white and milk chocolate candies, pound cakes, nuts shortcakes, fruits shortcakes, quiche lorraine.
- Catered coffee break of up to 150 people everyday, sometimes catered candy bar of up to 100 people.
- Been on time for work every day, cleaning the kitchen and kitchen equipment.
- Developed menus and prepared all dessert components for lunch and dinner a la carte service.
- Prepared, ordered, and displayed dessert items for weekly brunches and dinners, as well as grand buffets for holidays and large-scale events.
- Attended meetings/tastings with Banquet Manager and club members to plan desserts for private functions.
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interests of customers.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients and make appropriate orders within budget.
- Maintain a clean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards.