A Board Member serves on the Board of Directors for a corporation. Their duties include appointing employees for openings at the corporate level, voting on issues, marketing the corporation, donating, raising funds, and monitoring financial statements.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Board Member Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Board Member resumes for your reference.
Board Member Resume Sample 1
- Supervised the checking and filing of City Council legislation.
- Maintained public records and ensured that City Council minutes were compiled, docketed, and stored in accordance with regulations.
- Promoted an increase in franchise fees by 25% by compiling data for the renewal process.
- Streamlined asset optimization of the entire municipal utility system through replacing obsolete metering software.
- Led efforts to increase revenues for mosquito control efforts by creating a new ecological eradication program.
Board Member Resume Sample 2
- Responsible for conducting elections, maintaining meeting minutes and agendas.
- Effectively supervised a staff of three individuals to ensure budgets were kept in order and financial reports were received on time.
- Coordinated training for contracted services and supervised the contracted employees.
- Provided accurate records of board’s meeting minutes, agendas, and decisions; ensured contracts were maintained and all requirements followed to complete each task.
- Created manual for use by the new board members; received appreciation award from Regional Director for outstanding performance as Secretary/Treasurer of the organization.
Board Member Resume Sample 3
- Participated in the development of the policies, plans and budgets for local association
- Supervised five staff members with responsibilities including daily operation of the association.
- Supervised 12 volunteers with responsibilities including staffing board meetings, annual banquets, assistance in office administration.
- Worked closely with public officials to secure grant funding and neighborhood projects.
- Maintained professional relationships with public officials to facilitate positive changes within the city.
Board Member Resume Sample 4
- Signed up to serve on the church’s Finance Committee.
- Trained to lead a Bible study class for the Women’s Ministry.
- Explored ways to improve our Vacation Bible School (VBS) program by scheduling activities and organizing volunteers who can assist toddlers with crafts and games.
- Served as captain of a VBS team where I was appointed to distribute game prizes, track attendance, and manage snacks.
- Participated in setting up and decorating the church potluck dinner.
Board Member Resume Sample 5
- Accomplished Advisory Council member; participated in Community Services Board by reviewing and selecting service providers who would provide services to the community.
- Conducted a meeting covering public safety issues and ensured that all criteria which were to be presented were included in the minutes.
- Worked with Emergency Planning Committee to design, update, and implement a disaster plan for the neighborhood within budget parameters.
- Received appreciation award for revising bylaws to increase efficiency within our neighborhood association.
- Selected as Treasurer after demonstrating experience in financial management in my previous positions at Wells Fargo Bank and State Farm Insurance as a Financial Representative.
Board Member Resume Sample 6
- Managed duties of a volunteer group for the purpose of improving the operational efficiency of an organization.
- Coordinated the placement and movement of company equipment through multiple offices.
- Supported an election campaign by taking responsibility for the organizing, planning, and maintenance of volunteers.
- Participated in a committee that identified and remedied problems with a computer system.
- Earned awards as an upbeat supervisor who was known for motivating employees and detaining employees in making changes to improve operation of the organization.
Board Member Resume Sample 7
- Served as a board member of the Development Council at Towne Villas Community Association. Advanced community programs, created positive relations with residents, and increased membership by 20 percent.
- Accepted position as town clerk and became a leader of the Town Council, developing an agenda and managing meetings.
- Was responsible for keeping the town’s minutes; wrote meeting summaries to be posted on town bulletin boards.
- Recruited new members to local military veterans’ organization; organized 4-H program for local schoolchildren; led youth singing at events.
- Stayed connected with residents of the town by organizing club-sponsored events and planning council holiday parties; broadcast community announcements.
Board Member Resume Sample 8
- Won a national competition; named an outstanding volunteer by President Elect, Association of K.I.D.S., Inc.
- Successfully prepared the association’s annual report; recognized by R. Tisdale, President and CEO, Association of K.I.D.S., Inc.
- Initiated several projects that benefited the community; named an All-Star Volunteer by President Elect Association of K.I.D.S., Inc.
- Received outstanding performance award as a consensus selection from a group of volunteers who had contributed to the success of an event; initiated an international project focused on orphaned children in Romania.
- Contributed a portion of my monthly salary to the organization and performed extensive volunteer duties; recognized as a top 10% Donor by President, Association of K.I.D.S., Inc.
Board Member Resume Sample 9
- Served as a voting member for the Finance Committee; participated in the Finance Committee’s activities, including budget preparation and setting allocation guidelines.
- Served as secretary for the Department of Housing & Urban Development’s Housing Choice Voucher Program.
- Served as a Public Service Center (PSC) training group coordinator and as PSC group leader.
- Assisted in developing new employee orientation materials to assist employees in understanding HCD’s hiring process, annual performance appraisal forms and how to calculate their own rating levels.
- Assisted in developing and updating form letters to be used by HCD employees in support of employees’ requests for reimbursement or reimbursement of personal expenses.
Board Member Resume Sample 10
- Met with board members and the executive director to prepare for monthly board meetings; distributed agenda, minutes, and upcoming events.
- Contributed to the development of letterhead, business cards, and envelopes; handled outgoing mailings.
- Researched information for upcoming annual conferences to be held in hotels by searching online resources.
- Promoted the organization through outreach programs using brochures and fliers; presented the organization to new members through school presentations.
- Reviewed various vendor proposals; deterred vendors that did not meet the organization’s standards while maintaining strong vendor relationships.
Board Member Resume Sample 11
- Actively participated in fund raising drives to maximize the financial support of clients.
- Constructed a database and organized conferences which exceeded expected goals.
- Streamlined logistics by establishing (separately) teams for each phase of project; next year’s events were organized two months in advance.
- Recognized for bringing a heightened awareness to the mission and members’ roles through the implementation of a new membership tracking system.
- Adopted company guidelines for issuing quarterly reports, which were compiled over two weeks before target date; met or exceeded staff expectations with well-documented results.
Board Member Resume Sample 12
- Helped established a new office team and provided administrative support for employees.
- Utilized various software applications for business development and database management.
- Promoted quality standards to help ensure the smooth operation of an office that processed over 100,000 mortgages annually.
- Performed tasks such as maintenance of personnel files, data entry, telemarketing, file revisions and processing quotations/estimates requests from other area offices.
- Helped establish trust among employees and promote a positive work environment by creating a task force within the department with the goal to improve efficiency and quality.
Board Member Resume Sample 13
- Taken on several member roles including financial overview, meeting minutes, website, volunteer work.
- Volunteer on charity and community events.
- Helped with payroll and planning for the future.
- Board member for several committees at Church; helped with budgeting, surveys and releases.
- Completed several volunteer assignments in school as well as many other local businesses in the community.
Board Member Resume Sample 14
- Served as Board of Trustee member for over 2 years.
- Developed on-going communication strategy to increase awareness, participation and positive feedback to clients regarding the day-to-day operations of the plant.
- Co-Chaired Board meetings. Planned, organized and presented agendas for meetings.
- Responsible for initial administrative duties followed by project supervision and close out of projects at a high level of competency.
- Acknowledged with Company Director, Director’s Representative and Admin Lead for working well together on projects.
Every corporation defines qualifications for their board members; although educational requirements are not specifically listed, most board members have a bachelor’s degree. To be a good board member you must show interest in the success of the corporation, see the big picture, act in the best interests of the company, show leadership, fundraising skills, presentation skills, and communication skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.