Radiology Technicians provide Radiologists with support in conducting X-rays, CT scans, and MRI scans. Their duties include preparing the patients, preparing the equipment, conducting radiology tests, ensuring quality imaging, maintaining the equipment, and helping Radiologists give radiation therapy treatments.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Radiology Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Radiology Technician resumes for your reference.
Radiology Technician Resume Sample 1
- Researched, designed, and crafted beautiful and informative graphs used to interpret radiologic images of the prostate gland.
- Collaborated with team members to learn the intricacies of radiation therapy for patients diagnosed with cancer.
- Communicated scientific knowledge on the history of cancer research via popular media to both patients and medical students studying a career in oncology.
- Effectively communicated scientific knowledge in professional research journals using respected and accepted formats for peer-reviewed academic journals.
- Discovered new potentials for scientific collaboration through communicating with colleagues and medical students from multiple countries around the world.
Radiology Technician Resume Sample 2
- Adhered to hospital procedures for processing x-rays.
- Recognized by office supervisors for successful completion of all quality control tasks, according to hospital and state standards.
- Documented appropriate patient information on film-based radiology system; supervised and trained less experienced medical technologists.
- Awarded recognition for locating misplaced medical files using MINIMAL technological equipment; analyzed patient trends and kept charts, graphs, and reports.
- Resolved patient concerns quickly during acute crises situations; coordinated doctor visits, provided written instructions for medication, home care, etc.
Radiology Technician Resume Sample 3
- Supervised and provided assistance in the production of patient studies using high-speed photographic equipment. Accumulated experience by assisting in over 80 studies and producing 30 studies independently.
- Trained and managed two radiologists’ assistants for high-stress projects requiring careful attention to detail; this training developed their clinical skills and lead to a successful qualification exam.
- Hand-selected by supervisors for the ability to perform more critical tasks independently; this resulted in more than doubling of assigned radiology technician responsibilities.
- Proficiently performed non-invasive imaging procedures such as bone density, mammography, endoscopy, and ultrasound, resulting in frequent patient referrals from referring physicians.
- Implemented procedures and protocols required for successful patient care resulting in superior patient follow-up and more rapid patient recovery times.
Radiology Technician Resume Sample 4
- Demonstrated excellence, initiative, and dedication to the field of medicine.
- Achieved highest honors nationwide in a poster presentation, speaking to over one hundred students and faculty members within ten minutes.
- Received honorable mention for a poster presentation at the American Society of Pediatric Radiology (ASPR) conference.
- Gained experience with radiological procedures including chest roentgenography, chest X-ray, ultrasound, and MRI; wrote computer programs for the imaging machines; completed online training modules from CISCO; entered dose rates into computer programs.
- Enabled over four hundred children to receive evaluations from radiologists; received personal thank you’s from families, clinics, and hospitals.
Radiology Technician Resume Sample 5
- Managed one of the largest radiation therapy equipment rooms in the Western United States.
- Performed quality audits and implemented preventative maintenance on super computers at a major corporate research facility.
- Analyzed data for diagnosing & treating patients with Non-Hodgkins lymphoma; was an integral part of a team that won an American Cancer Society award for their efforts.
- Performed quality audits, created new work standards, and communicated technical information to colleagues in the department.
- Formed strong relationships with coworkers and clients, both internal and external.
Radiology Technician Resume Sample 6
- Collected, processed specimens for histopathology and immunohistochemistry.
- Ran routine and special tests on tissue and serum from routine and special tests from diverse clients.
- Utilized skills to support state-of-the-art research and development by administering molecular tests for drug screening in a nanoliter-fluid format using fast liquid chromatography (LC).
- Organized, maintained, and operated the instruments used in processing specimens.
- Trained to the full completion of Histopathology Pathology techniques; performed pathology experience reports.
Radiology Technician Resume Sample 7
- Demonstrated proficiency in image acquisition, image processing, and visualization in conjunction with clinical vignettes.
- Provided primary technical support for MRI and CT scanning infrastructure.
- Developed technical skills for physical verification of images processing (optical density, peak-contrast enhancement, color modification).
- Successfully completed two laicization programs for specialized imaging (PET), MR, and CT.
- Effectively decreased operating expenses by 344% within one year through preventative maintenance and use of modern equipment.
Radiology Technician Resume Sample 8
- Performed physical exams using standard diagnostic equipment and established protocols.
- Acquired skill in reviewing test results and providing imagery interpretation, reports, and oral communication of findings with patients.
- Mastered effective phone skills to answer patient questions, answer calls/calls that are transferred to the department by other departments or other health care facilities, and help find information for patients.
- Established interpersonal relationships with patients through informative dialogue and listening skills. Increased appointment compliance from 50% to 95% by offering free health counseling services; identified patient issues such as depression or anxiety based on that dialogue.
- Resolved customer service problems through effective problem solving, conflict resolution, and communication skills.
Radiology Technician Resume Sample 9
- Provided radiologic services and technical support for customers within the hospital.
- Performed technologist duties in the X-Ray department, including but not limited to positioning patients, properly documenting exams in the medical records and radiation logs, developing film, interpreting radiographs, and calling physicians.
- Successfully completed a month-long course in CT technologist training offered by the manufacturer of a CT scanner owned by the Hospital. (The manufacturer awarded me a certificate of completion after my successful completion on their examination.)
- Scheduled up to three exams per shift with an average daily radiology schedule of five or more patients per day.
- Performed technologist duties in the Radiology department, including but not limited to positioning patients, properly documenting exams in the medical records and radiation logs, developing film, interpreting cytopathology results for doctors to utilize in treatment plans, calling physicians and radiologists advising on patient’s.
Radiology Technician Resume Sample 10
- Expedited the workflow of departments by handling critical and complex tasks with efficiency.
- Recognized for outstanding customer service, superior interpersonal skills, and outstanding communication skills as I demonstrated my ability to multitask.
- Provided exceptional customer service in a fast-paced environment by creating quick solutions to unanticipated situations.
- Accomplished all objectives through hard work, strong team building, and innovative ideas for resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated superior cause & effect communication through written reports with the use of clear and concise language.
Radiology Technician Resume Sample 11
- Learned to read and interpret information in human tissue, bodily fluids, and biological samples.
- Gained knowledge of differential cell count techniques and assisted with the necessary biohazard equipment to obtain accurate results.
- Promoted research by organizing and leading a small group that volunteered for seven months to conduct medical research surveys in local communities.
- Developed knowledge of cell culture protocols for assaying drug-resistant bacteria in research centers throughout the Northeast United States.
- Performed data entry on a computerized database by entering clinical laboratory data into special statistical software.
Radiology Technician Resume Sample 12
- Served as reliable and efficient Administrative Assistant to the PRadiology Department Head, supervising inventory control, office supplies and equipment, equipment sterilization records, and staffing issues.
- Administered patient care by performing radiologic tests in a timely manner.
- Interviewed patients for a new study about Mammography; directed over 200 women to local breast cancer support services.
- Resolved computer scanning errors; educated patients on proper handling of medical forms and data.
- Observed by CEO for outstanding performance; performed a task for which I had no prior training.
To work as one, there are acceptable certificate programs, but the most common education path is an Associate’s degree in radiologic technology. Radiology Technicians must demonstrate a mechanical aptitude, good communication skills, and be knowledgeable of human anatomy; they must also be analytical, organized, team players, and have an eye for detail.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.