Certified Medication Aides provide medical services for people who need extra help with their medication. Their duties include taking vital signs, documenting the patient’s medication information, helping with medication refills, communicating about the effects of the medication, updating the patient’s records, and helping the patient take their medications.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Certified Medication Aide Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Certified Medication Aide resumes for your reference.
Certified Medication Aide Resume Sample 1
- Achieved certification in First Aid and CPR.
- Obtained knowledge of all unit operations, performed all duties relating to medication dispensing.
- Assisted doctors and nurses in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Learned to maintain patient confidentiality; developed an understanding of the legal aspects regarding laws regarding HIV/AIDS, drug abuse, and sexual abuse.
- Effectively administered medications as prescribed by physician without error on seven occasions; directed physician to medication error once; earned praise by physicians for excellent work performance.
Certified Medication Aide Resume Sample 2
- Identified clinical indicators and administered treatment protocols to patients in the emergency department; received positive feedback from patients.
- Assisted in the implementation of a new dietary program, which improved patient’s nutrition level and increased their sense of well-being.
- Administered daily medication to elderly patients in their homes, thus providing more independence for them.
- Coordinated nursing care offered to cancer patients, as well as his wife and grand children/nephews.
- Adhered to HIPAA guidelines for use and preservation of confidential medical information; effectively communicated with relatives of deceased patients, during a funeral home visitation.
Certified Medication Aide Resume Sample 3
- Performed highly specialized duties for a nursing home client, including regular medication administration and blood pressure measurement.
- Compiled and administered medication to elderly, physically challenged patients in an acute care setting.
- Directly assisted an elderly woman with daily medication preferences and administration procedures.
- Performed the delicate procedure of injection therapy for a patient at risk of developing blood clots by taking a blood sample from the patient’s arm to test it for hemoglobin, and then injecting the sample into the vein that was then used to inject the medicine.
- Transported and stored intravenous medication for a client who was receiving treatment for multiple sclerosis.
Certified Medication Aide Resume Sample 4
- Volunteered for and filled the temporary position at neighborhood hospital for six months; crucial in the preparation, dispensation, and monitoring of vital medications.
- Acted as a substitute aide during emergency situations with no loss of patient care or accuracy of distribution or record keeping.
- Performed as an assistant to a Certified Nursing Assistant for five years in managing vital information and safe administration and handling of medication.
- Provided exemplary service in medication management after being selected as department manager; maintained effective communication pathways to ensure accurate distribution of vital medications.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills by directing and coordinating the vital medication department with no loss of medication to patients.
Certified Medication Aide Resume Sample 5
- Promptly and thoroughly administered over 400 medications to patients in the ER, ICU, and Pediatric Emergency Room.
- Fulfilled all requirements for certification by the National Alliance of Certified Medication Aides (NACMA).
- Provided on-the-job training to appx. 80 medical assistants.
- Recognized for exceptional customer service; implemented a quality assurance program to maintain patient safety.
- Earned commendation from Regional Manager for outstanding performance through attendance and outstanding level of customer satisfaction rating on the survey form completed by customers who had applied for medication.
Certified Medication Aide Resume Sample 6
- Delivered skilled professional care to residents of two long-term care facilities; identified, communicated, and decided upon daily medication routines.
- Prepared accurate medications under the direction of Doctors and Pharmacists; distributed medications to nursing assistants who administered them.
- Explained and observed required therapeutic activities with patients and families; documented care in charts.
- Acted as liaison between staff, patients, and families; facilitated communications as needed.
- Judiciously dispensed medications for over-sedation during emergency procedures.
Certified Medication Aide Resume Sample 7
- Demonstrated a thorough knowledge of proper medical terminology.
- Provided accurate information on dosage and administration for new medications, including the identification and application of different dosage forms.
- Followed written procedures for each step of the medication process, ensuring that all medications were in prescribed quantities and at prescribed times.
- Avoided most errors by following written procedures for each step and changing medications to meet needs as they occurred.
- Clearly presented thoroughly prepared material to the patients through clear diction and controlled delivery of information.
Certified Medication Aide Resume Sample 8
- Sharply increased the speed of medication administration and accuracy with which IVs were established.
- Maintained a safe working environment through compliance with all sterile techniques, proper medical device and equipment use, accurate assignment of tasks, and infection control standards.
- Achieved approval for order requests through computerized record keeping system.
- Trained 7 other CMA’s in the safe storage of drugs, devices, and medical equipment; served as a role model for my peers.
- Perfected skills in phlebotomy by attending three additional training courses; acquired certification in EKG reading.
Certified Medication Aide Resume Sample 9
- Developed a positive relationship with 92% of patients, and their family members, by creating an atmosphere of trust while completing the job’s responsibilities.
- Effectively communicated patient medical, health, and dosage information to physicians and other medical personnel who requested such information over the phone.
- Facilitated comfort of patients in their time of need by providing them with a caring attitude and patient-specific solutions for stress reduction.
- Accurately transferred medication to patient care areas using proper techniques; provided training for other Certified Medication Aides regarding appropriate transfer techniques.
- Recognized by the Director of Nursing for handling disruptive clients in a respectful, professional manner.
Certified Medication Aide Resume Sample 10
- Assisted patients with medication management; ensured that patients received the appropriate medication at the appropriate time by following established procedures.
- Provided emotional support and information to patients and their family members in a courteous, professional manner.
- Maintained an average of 98% accuracy in delivering medications within three hours of shift start time by verifying medications with physicians, nurses, and other Registered Medication Aides.
- Volunteered to create a new departmental training manual by providing constructive criticism and recommendations for modifying the existing training manual.
- Recognized among peers with an Employee of the Month award for responding quickly to emergencies while working on a busy medical floor.
Certified Medication Aide Resume Sample 11
- Dispelled myths and misconceptions of medication administration in an interview with an outpatient clinic (published in a newsletter).
- Actively participated in the CareOne Integrity Initiative as a Certified Medication Aide, which resulted in 100% accuracy score on medication counts at nursing stations.
- Decreased medication waste by ensuring that all medications were documented correctly on patients’ charts.
- Gained status as the top Certified Medication Aide by obtaining certification from the National Board of CNA’s (certified national accreditation) and passing the CNA exam on first attempt (80th percentile).
- Earned title of certified medication aide by virtue of certification from the state Board of Health, passing the state examination on first attempt (85th percentile).
Certified Medication Aide Resume Sample 12
- Verified appropriate treatments for residents to ensure compliance with established treatment protocols.
- Obtained information from residents and their families regarding the administration of medications; documented in medical records.
- Provided medication aide services to the residents of nursing homes, hospice, and private homes; medicated patients by syringe, oral drops, rectal suppositories, and enemas.
- Achieved maximum licensing exam score among peers offering medication aide services to residents in an urban area.
- Demonstrated excellence in work environment by remaining on-time with evaluations completed on a weekly basis.
To be a Certified Medication Aide, you must have a high school diploma, be certified as a Certified Medication Aide or Technician, and have at least one year of medication management experience. Certified Medication Aides must demonstrate patience, organization, communication, cleanliness, responsibility, caring, and professional skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.