IT Security Engineers are responsible for the overall security of a company’s network infrastructure. Their duties include responding to network breaches, implementing network security measures, troubleshooting network security issues, monitoring overall security of the network, and managing all network security procedures in place.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best IT Security Engineer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real IT Security Engineer resumes for your reference.
IT Security Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Redesigned and developed a NAC authentication system to enhance network security.
- Authored SOP for PCI-DSS compliant backup and recovery procedures; recognized by IT Management as a key contributor to the department’s success and upheld company standards of excellence.
- Performed key duties in the implementation of new firewall technologies, successfully resolved access issues between devices and servers; received an award from senior members of management recognizing outstanding performance above and beyond normal expectations.
- Improved tier 2 customer service rating through effective resolution of escalated PC technical support tickets within established SLA (service level agreement).
- Managed day-to-day activities related to internet security firm; implemented successful penetration tests and security protocols.
IT Security Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Mentored junior team members in security best practices.
- Collaborated with business partners to identify areas of risk and ensure business continuity for software release.
- Detected email account compromise by personally investigating daily alerts. Spearheaded efforts to regularly test/validate email accounts’ ability to withstand phishing attempts, providing personal feedback during the process.
- Identified security issues in custom application logic that led to data exposure when competitor acquired company; recognized by Product Manager as key contributor to late-stage project success through excellence in service delivery.
- Tracked down critical vulnerabilities in servers running production apps; effectively resolved bugs before they became public knowledge, thus averting potential security breaches against major corporations worldwide.
IT Security Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Assisted in the development of a commercial software product to provide secure access and storage for health care records.
- Managed Network Security, DNS, Email, VPN & Firewall infrastructure resulting in 99.99% uptime for SaaS offering with 300+ users.
- Secured over $5M worth of credit card data during cardholder data breach at major US retailer where I was part of 24 hour emergency team to contain the situation.
- Implemented IT security policy ensuring PCI compliance through annual penetration testing. I also performed vulnerability assessments on web servers/web service applications as well as performing Intrusion Detection System (IDS) monitoring to detect attempted intrusions or attacks against the organization’s servers.
- Assisted in the development of a commercial software product, creating scalable architecture with high availability (99.999%) to manage the network, provide automated deployment of new servers/services, and monitor security metrics.
IT Security Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Presented “Lessons Learned” to executive team outlining security risks and how they were mitigated during the implementation of a global network infrastructure.
- Introduced new technologies that improved server efficiency by 25% while doubling performance on specific applications.
- Consistently received good reviews from customers, managers, staff, and associates for dealing with problems quickly and accurately.
- Responded promptly to customer calls/emails knowing the urgency of the problem; played key role in positive customer satisfaction rating.
- Achieved smooth transition of four servers’ migration into Exchange Server 2003 environment after being transferred from another department within three weeks.
IT Security Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Spearheaded the project to provide layered security protection for client’s web application and mobile platform.
- Assisted development of new state-of-the-art Identity Management System, allowing authorized individuals access to system resources.
- Promoted company awareness of importance of IT security as it applies to human life savings through participation in industry seminars, briefings, and/or symposiums.
- Facilitated effective communication between technical staff members, company management, and clients by providing timely updates on projects status.
- Created a data backup procedure that allowed recovery from a hardware failure within eight hours without loss of any user data or operational capability.
IT Security Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Managed network security, users, workstations, printers, servers and licenses for over 200 employees.
- Maintained 100% of all user accounts are accurate and up to date including but not limited to permissions of files/folders at the same time.
- Improved information technology support by providing strong leadership skills in networking technologies.
- Pioneered use of virtualization to realize benefits of backup & recovery reliability, reduce hardware footprint, and improve desktop performance without increasing IT budget or headcount.
- Collaborated with management staff on strategy for proactive replacement of obsolete infrastructure hardware resulting in complete overhaul of company data center infrastructure.
IT Security Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Maintained technical credibility within the IT team by providing root cause analysis of all security related incidents.
- Authored over 20 whitepapers on emerging threats and industry best practices for increasing risk awareness of senior management.
- Designed, developed, and implemented an Active Directory Outlook Web Access (OWA) authentication system that securely distributes cached credentials to employees based on group membership.
- Introduced new policies and procedures during weekly meetings with business units to ensure awareness on information security issues; lessened risk exposure by 30 percent in one year.
- Pioneered efforts towards an enterprise-wide trusted computing platform through coordination with other projects; improved efficiency of all systems while opening up future development opportunities.
IT Security Engineer Resume Sample 8
- Developed plans for system restoration and interoperability in case of an emergency; established the protocol’s ease of use, interoperability among various systems and organizations, and ensured all measures were comprehensive.
- Completed a large-scale data consolidation project using industry best practices to meet bank requirements and increase information accuracy.
- Resolved complex networking issues by testing multiple alternative solutions to optimize performance within an IT infrastructure.
- Led efforts as subject matter expert to coordinate company-wide compliance initiative resulting in improved security, reduced costs, and increased efficiency.
- Increased customer satisfaction through proactive collaboration with clients on risk management, policy enforcement, monitoring controls, reporting processes, and incident response.
IT Security Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Created application to control and manage multiple UNIX servers securely and efficiently.
- Updated software groups’ procedures, implemented new security monitoring system; reduced critical alerts from 40-60/week down to 20/month.
- Launched new help desk ticketing system that improved support department productivity by 30% within 60 days.
- Managed infrastructure upgrades of all Windows servers; improved many key configurations including Group Policy Objects (GPOs) and Windows Firewall.
- Initiated cross functional team of 18 individuals involved in technology changes for a major business unit merger ensuring maximum compatibility with existing systems while maintaining a high degree of security standards in the process.
IT Security Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Identified and implemented improved security measures for the Network Operations Center (NOC).
- Conducted a risk analysis to determine areas where exposure may compromise sensitive information.
- Spearheaded the installation of multifactor Authentication which allowed for more secure remote access.
- Learned HIPAA requirements and trained employees on compliance standards, as well as how to handle protected health information (PHI).
- Managed software licenses; negotiated with vendors and distributors; handled budget responsibility for purchasing licenses within strict budgetary guidelines.
In order to work as an IT Security Manager you will be required to have a bachelor’s degree in a computer or software engineering related field. IT Security Engineers must demonstrate strong technological skills, communication skills, critical thinking skills, problem-solving skills, the ability to work under pressure, IT support skills, and organizational skills in order to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.