Illustration Artists are responsible for creating all of the content seen on a company’s website. Duties include coming up with new ideas, brainstorming characters, drawing completed images, editing images as needed, and communicating with others throughout the creative process. The top skills for this position are creativity, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, hand-eye coordination, and the ability to work in a team. The minimum educational requirement for this position is a bachelor’s degree.
The Best Illustration Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Illustration resumes for your reference.
- Created the concept for the characters, assets, and layouts for multiple games.
- Animated PNG game assets with the use of a house proprietary animation tool program.
- Designed and produced a series of animated intro and title sequences, interactive user interface, and animated ending and affirmation sequences.
- Worked closely with game designers and programmers to re-iterate, troubleshoot, and resolve.
- Participated in numerous large-scale, public art projects.
- Utilize GIMP, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign in combination with traditional mediums such as pencil and charcoal to create full commissions.
- Create weekly online comics from conception, through writing, creation, and eventually publication.
- Confer with clients, editors, art directors, and other interested parties face-to-face, online, and over the phone regarding the content of the work produced.
- Integrate and develop visual elements, such as line, space, mass, color, and perspective to illustrate ideas, emotions, moods, or concrete stories.
- Organized and managed a nationally competitive design firm of over 75 designers and technicians.
- Creation of graphic advertisements published in local magazines and newspapers.
- T-shirt designs are featured and successfully sold on various websites.
- Creation of concept art for indie video game developers including environments, characters, and assets.
- Led sales, marketing, and advertising departments of large corporations in design services to new customers; designed and produced catalogs with special artists, photographers, models, and clothing lines.
- Wrote music, lyrics and performed on several songs; produced albums with original tracks from computer-generated music.
- Created illustrations for up-and-coming online publications.
- Worked closely with the senior editor to create concepts for monthly articles.
- Ability to create work in a timely fashion for short deadlines.
- Experience working closely with writers to create collaborative pieces.
- Appeared locally on TV music show performing original work (songs); appeared nationally on “Star Search”.
- Worked with clients on a variety of projects, from book covers to advertising campaigns.
- Handled timelines ranging from hour by hour, to months of correspondence.
- Consulted with each client about projects, and provided several creative solutions.
- Produced eye-catching, high-quality images for the “Time” Magazine Cover and the “Time” website.
- Created a social media portfolio that featured over 400 pieces of work that have been seen by millions of people.
- Creates various forms of artwork for clients using Photoshop, Medibang, and a Wacom Tablet.
- Tailors work to clients’ tastes; work varies from drawing fanart for popular media to illustrating original characters, often relying solely on text descriptions to illustrate designs of clients’ characters.
- Works on multiple projects at once, updating clients with work in progress shots and meeting self-imposed due dates.
- Created art for one of the most recognizable graphics logos in the world.
- Designed a visual identity for a leading information technology company, including a logo that was subsequently trademarked and used as their company’s unofficial logo over ten years.
- Work with graphic designer and photographer to generate Ringling College’s Pre-College 2017 booklet to be distributed to +30,000 prospective students, parents, and teachers.
- Traditionally create linework illustrations that complement design elements and meld with photography.
- Attend meetings and critiques to further im- prove the project and bring it closer to the client’s goal.
- Present concepts and variations to client throughout ideation process.
- Participated in over 30 art shows; built an impressive portfolio featuring various types of imagery and illustration.
- Using visual development and illustration techniques to create a cohesive and appealing cover for a thriller novel.
- Developed a fully painted environment as well as multiple character designs based on the author’s original ideas.
- Worked alongside the author through every step to ensure the original vision was kept while providing new solutions and ideas.
- Driven to create artwork with an original style, secured publication in national magazines, distributed to other international publications, and purchased art from individuals.
- Developed original professional style by teaching colleagues and customers how to create graphic images with the same character, texture, color palette, and composition of my artwork.
- As part of a specialized course for illustration, majors to produce an original story and a collection of assets relating to that story over the entirety of the course.
- Designed original characters, environments, and numerous storyboards.
- Worked on time-sensitive deadlines to produce industry-standard layouts for conceptual pieces.
- Exhibited work in a variety of commercial venues including private parties and charity events.
- Exposed to diverse experiences through travel computer training classes in three countries.
- Generate designs by using Photoshop/Illustrator, CAD system to create woven and print patterns, flat Sketches & hardware specs.
- Thorough understanding of woven constructions, print techniques & Hardware require.
- Fallow up to development status to ensure patterns and constructions are executed correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Need to be creative in interpreting trends and original artworks to suit individual brands and customers, ability to the created new design, patterns, and constructions required.
- The artwork began selling at market value after becoming licensed as an artist by the state of Georgia.
- Designed multiple themed educational activity pages for elementary to middle school children:
- Developed space-themed connect-the-dots activity sheet for children learning about constellations.
- Created moon phases graphic used as activity sheet and poster for children.
- Worked with creative professionals and peers through critique and feedback of work.
- As a freelancer, created artwork for lectures and presentations from the development of initial research and the educational needs of a client. Attained responsible leadership and mentorships in industry groups to expand professional knowledge.
- Proactive in solving problems and offering suggestions best suited for each client.
- Determined self-starter, with great attention to detail in managing and completing projects.
- Supported clients with technical issues and support regarding digital media and assets.
- Created images and designs using traditional fine art skills and design software.
- Designed logos, labels, book covers, posters, and packaging materials. Designed illustrations for advertisements, brochures, and flyers.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.