Bilingual translators interpret statements from one language to another. Their duties include translating languages, ensuring context is maintained while translating, ensuring that meanings are maintained, reading through materials in a language and understanding them before translating, providing subtitles for online or visual media and using specialized translation software to encourage consistency and efficiency.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Bilingual Translator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Bilingual Translator resumes for your reference.
Bilingual Translator Resume Sample 1
- Effectively translated thousands of pages of legal documents in Spanish to English within one week for major insurance company.
- Completed ongoing translation job in record time, surpassing all deadlines set forth by client because of specific expertise in medical/insurance related terminology.
- Exceeded expectations during busy period when assigned an extra responsibility involving handwritten files to be typed and proofread; caught and corrected over 40 errors on a single file within three days.
- Saved valuable time and money while delivering accurate translations with highly developed sense of situational awareness; identified lost shipment of materials requiring only two additional days to arrive at destination.
- Enhanced career advancement opportunities after creating the framework for new departmental initiatives including the design of training sessions for new employees and developing standard operating procedures.
Bilingual Translator Resume Sample 2
- Translated more than 100 pages of technical materials into Spanish for public distribution.
- Interacted with customers in fluent Spanish, resulting in customer satisfaction rating of 95%.
- Demonstrated strong selling ability while receiving several awards for top sales performance.
- Recognized as an integral part of the organization by being nominated for Return to Work Award.
- Achieved recognition from management and peers for consistently providing excellent service to customers, exceeding expectations since joining the team.
Bilingual Translator Resume Sample 3
- Conveyed communiqués to recipients in the United States, Mexico, and Colombia.
- Assisted with translation at bi-national conventions between U.S., Mexican, and South American residents.
- Acted as liaison for polls conducted by international news agencies; received applause from U.S. officials for successful promotion of electoral fairness abroad.
- Sourced immigrant labor through article publication on popular Hispanic-interest sites; increased awareness of human rights issues among readership base.
- Successfully completed projects without error or revision using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Bilingual Translator Resume Sample 4
- Translated documents written in Spanish into English.
- Expended the Linguistic Services Department resource information network by providing, verifying, and updating contact details for ministry participants.
- Copied, filed, and organized existing records to create new files.
- Designed business form templates for committee use by incorporating design requirements with content requirements to produce specifications for each document.
- Assisted with filing complaints made by taxpayers against other taxpayers; provided guidance when required during the resolution process to ensure taxpayer compliance with federal regulations.
Bilingual Translator Resume Sample 5
- Translated letters, contracts, agreements, legal documents and other material from French to English.
- Reviewed guidelines on hiring temporary workers for company’s expansion into the Paris market; presented recommendations at management meeting.
- Resolved billing disputes between international companies with superior skills in communication and understanding of both languages.
- Assisted department manager in streamlining report writing process by developing spreadsheet applications to process information more efficiently and accurately.
- Organized files for projects carried out by different departments; created activity logs and implemented improvements within workflows for accuracy and efficiency.
Bilingual Translator Resume Sample 6
- Translated documents in multiple languages, including Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Portuguese and Italian.
- Provided high-quality translations within designated turnaround times by cross-referencing and verifying documents to correct mistakes and enhance tone and clarity.
- Oversaw departmental budget for $100 million portfolio of services; saved company $20k through control over compliance with budget initiatives.
- Effectively balanced interacting dynamics between clients and employees during encounters that involved complex social behaviors such as humor, flirtation, aggression, dominance or submission.
- Successfully completed computer classes at Elon University; familiarized self with Microsoft Word 2007 software program through lecture classes and hands-on training sessions.
Bilingual Translator Resume Sample 7
- Accomplished in bilingual applications of word processing, spreadsheet programs, and a personal digital assistant.
- Skilled in the use of several computer software packages used for home inventory tracking, travel arrangements, vehicle purchase/lease documentation, emailing/correspondences, and financial transactions.
- Provided all-language translation services to executive management team on business trips throughout Europe; recognized for excellence providing Spanish translations to Japanese executives write ups reviewing European marketing strategies during four major corporate meetings.
- Excelled at superior level of accurate translations between English and Italian languages; memorized over 800 names used within specific contexts related to history and geography lessons learned through respected college professors’ lectures.
- Accomplished in accurate translations between English and Spanish languages; recognized for excellent performance providing legal documents during two trials conducted in Mexico City, Mexico.
Bilingual Translator Resume Sample 8
- Instructed bilingual staff of 10-15 persons in the proper use of telephone, equipment, software, and filing systems.
- Translated materials from English to German for marketing department; participated as German Interpreter at international trade shows including Interbike ’96 & Eurobike ’97.
- Collected essential data of significant value to company by analyzing financial reports for compliance with fiscal regulations.
- Received Excellence Award for customer service excellence by assisting customers representing foreign nationalities with their needs and concerns.
- Provided assistance and/or special attention to a variety of employees covering a broad spectrum of disciplines and seniority levels; managed diverse workloads and maintained professional relationships during crises or emergencies.
Bilingual Translator Resume Sample 9
- Translated and processed records for filing; maintained confidential information.
- Wrote translation of technical manuals; demonstrated understanding, dexterity, and speed in the process.
- Coordinated language acquisitions to serve company’s needs during international expansion.
- Effectively translated hundreds of advertisements from English into Spanish for one of country’s largest advertising companies.
- Exhibited command of vocabulary when translating medical research reports from English to French involving complicated theories within a range of scientific subjects.
Bilingual Translator Resume Sample 10
- Translated college student orientation materials from English to Spanish as a member of the office staff.
- Edited and proofread official documents for clientele, ensuring that proper style and format were maintained.
- Assisted with preparation for international trade shows by providing translations in Spanish and Portuguese.
- Proficiently translated written materials from English into French and Italian before departing on Business trip abroad.
- Present superior understanding of linguistic subtleties after completing coursework in linguistics at university.
Bilingual Translator Resume Sample 11
- Posted daily work reports and correspondence according to established procedures.
- Provided knowledge and expertise during high-level meetings to important members of the company, government officials, and local authorities.
- Displayed lifelong commitment and involvement in bilingual education by teaching English as a second language at an adult school for three years.
- Pioneered new standards for translating legal documents by writing formal contracts for use with international clients in English, Spanish, French, Dutch, German, Portuguese , Italian, Hebrew and Korean.
- Initiated participation in human rights activism after attending an international conference about fair trade practices.
Bilingual Translator Resume Sample 12
- Translated hundreds of documents accurately within deadline.
- Familiarized with federal transcribing equipment to maximize translation efficiency, minimizing turnaround time while ensuring accuracy.
- Provided service in English and Spanish; translated multilingual documents for clients using Docuscribe transcription software.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of medical terminology during three months of training at the hospital; conducted interviews with physicians to translate doctor-patient dialogue for future reference.
- Confirmed accurate translations by conferring with source document author when needed; completed final project one day early after completing an earlier project ahead of schedule.
To work as a bilingual translator, you need a Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics and the American Translators Association (ATA) certification. Bilingual translators need excellent listening skills, good writing skills, knowledge of cultures, good observation skills, good computer skills, good time management and high comprehension.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Bilingual Translator Resume Samples
- Bilingual Translator Resume Sample 1
- Bilingual Translator Resume Sample 2
- Bilingual Translator Resume Sample 3
- Bilingual Translator Resume Sample 4
- Bilingual Translator Resume Sample 5
- Bilingual Translator Resume Sample 6
- Bilingual Translator Resume Sample 7
- Bilingual Translator Resume Sample 8
- Bilingual Translator Resume Sample 9
- Bilingual Translator Resume Sample 10
- Bilingual Translator Resume Sample 11
- Bilingual Translator Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up