Assistant Restaurant Managers lead a team of workers towards achieving the company’s vision. Their duties include hiring and training employees, creating a safe work environment, ensuring food quality, analyzing cost and inventory to increase profit, making guests feel comfortable, enforcing store policies, monitoring store performance, and keeping track of inventory, kitchen equipment, and sanitation on a regular basis.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Assistant Restaurant Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Assistant Restaurant Manager resumes for your reference.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Resume Sample 1
- Met overall sales goals by generating the highest percentage of retail food and beverage sales in company history.
- Accountable for daily cash shortages and discrepancies; supervised employees to ensure compliance with loss control and security policies and procedures.
- Earned recognition for excellence in customer service, teamwork, communication, leadership skills, cost containment, and quality assurance/food safety by supervisors on monthly reviews.
- Achieved positive reviews from customers around the globe through website reviews such as TripAdvisor™ & Google Reviews™ reviews.
- Re-designed service flow while streamlining front of house processes resulting in a 40% increase in customer satisfaction while reducing food costs by $12K annually.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Resume Sample 2
- Organized and executed all types of special events, birthdays, office parties, bachelorette/bachelor parties, promotions.
- Promoted from Cashier to Assistant Manager after six months for commitment to professional development and exceptional customer service skills.
- Improved production process by 40% through applying Six Sigma project work involving inventory management, time management training, space utilization program.
- Exceeded the established monthly quota by over $1.5 million through efficient staff planning and control as well as maximization of food costs where applicable.
- Standardized the brand image between California Pizza Kitchen locations to ensure a consistent dining experience across New England as a certified trainer for all management staff.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Resume Sample 3
- Oversaw the smooth functioning of a busy upscale restaurant during lunch and dinner shifts.
- Promoted to assistant manager due to ability to supervise employees, monitor station activities, maintain fiscal responsibility, and ensure compliance with all company policies.
- Trained new hires in preparation for promotion to hostess or server positions by providing instruction on food service procedures, food safety guidelines, kitchen safety rules, dishwashing techniques.
- Recognized for my success in developing relationships with customers through my warm greetings, upbeat attitude toward guests.
- Earned gratitude from fellow staff members after being instrumental in resolving conflicts between servers resulting in 100% customer satisfaction rating.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Resume Sample 4
- Created and implemented a new staff training program.
- Assisted in hiring and training of all staff members; including servers, cooks, baristas and cleaning crew.
- Achieved company record for the highest weekly sales by 19% with promotions and discount coupons.
- Managed fine dining room, lounge, catering events and banquet functions; planned menus to meet budget restrictions while maximizing food quality.
- Recognized for exceptional presentation at mass wedding ceremony after arranging flowers and decorating venue spaces for 400 guests.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Resume Sample 5
- Managed a variety of front-of-house duties, including daily operations of POS system, customer service training and recruiting.
- Trained new employees on all aspects of FOH responsibilities, from serving guests to running carry out orders.
- Adept at food preparation for banquets & large parties – specialty is traditional Indian cuisine.
- Recruited, trained and motivated staff for highly successful store openings in two major markets.
- Recommended $150K+ capital improvements based on store performance data; project was completed successfully in one month ahead of schedule with no budget overruns.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Resume Sample 6
- Planned, developed, and organized staff training programs to stimulate rapid growth in restaurant turnover.
- Improved customer service ratings via focused management of Wait Staff team by inventing new initiatives for controlling order times.
- Provided guest satisfaction evaluations to supervisors at monthly meetings by creating satisfaction surveys for customers.
- Increased revenue by $320K through effective scheduling, efficient food ordering procedures, and proper inventory control methods.
- Earned personal accolades including “Manager’s Special Award” from General Manager for superior performance in emergency situations.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Resume Sample 7
- I have a unique combination of skills which includes being able to multi-task, communicate well, and maintain a high level of customer service.
- Recognized by management for my ability to motivate team members to maximize sales potential without sacrificing quality or appearance.
- Skilled at customizing market strategies in order to meet corporate goals while maintaining profitability.
- Exceptional communication skills paired with balanced interpersonal abilities resulted in the formation of strong work relationships with other departments within the organization.
- Achieved extraordinary communication techniques that facilitated effective communication between staff and customers; recognized by the Regional Manager for outstanding performance.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Resume Sample 8
- Enforced restaurant policy on unauthorized entry, smoking, weapons, and proper attire.
- Maximized food and labor costs through preparation of accurate inventory reports on a daily basis.
- Prepared timely guest counts to ensure proper coverage for each shift.
- Ensure all business operations were conducted in accordance with departmental policies and procedures under the company’s “Make Every Guest Count” philosophy; recognized by management team as outstanding performer; overcame challenges to attain budget goals.
- Recognized as Food & Beverage Manager of the Month after less than one month of employment; consistently elevated sales 17%; promoted from within restaurant.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Resume Sample 9
- Oversaw daily activities of a Food and Beverage Storeroom for an upscale country club, including inventory control and ordering of supplies.
- Successfully implemented a new cash register system with accuracy, speed, and confidentiality to enhance customer service.
- Reduction of theft by implementing a “Cash Watch;” received appreciation from General Manager.
- Performed duties as acting manager on at least two separate occasions; effectively handled all necessary tasks under pressing deadlines.
- Coordinated the catering staff’s contributions to an independent event planner ensuring that events ran smoothly as planned by clientele.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Resume Sample 10
- Promoted from Sr. Cashier to Assistant Manager after successfully managing a staff of 24 employees for one year.
- Recognized as youngest assistant manager in the state, at age 19 years old, by starting as a cashier at 15 and working my way up through hard work and dedication.
- Forecasted an increase in net income by 1% for six consecutive months after reviewing monthly reports and implementing a number of cost-cutting measures including reducing expenses associated with opening inventory items.
- Launched a successful customer loyalty program resulting in increased revenues from repeat customers.
- Planned events that have been attended by over 500 people, boosted morale within the store, increased total sales volume, and increased repeat business.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Resume Sample 11
- Achieved highest possible performance standards during first 3 months of employment by maximizing speed of service for drive-in customers.
- Promoted to assistant manager after exceeding sales goal by 20%; recognized for ability to train new staff on required tasks, communicate effectively with all employees.
- Forecasted business trends based on customer counts; recommended staff allocation for high volume periods of business.
- Improved menu process flow by 25% through the redesign of entry procedures.
- Created staff schedules that increased productivity while minimizing customer wait times.
To work as an Assistant Restaurant Manager, you need a high school diploma or G.E.D and at least one year of supervisory or management experience. You must demonstrate flexibility in working shifts, good work ethic, problem-solving skills, good communication, organization, strength in guest services, meeting customer needs, adapting to fast-paced environments, and ability to lead and motivate a dynamic team.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.