A fire controlman works on naval combat ships operating various weapons. Duties include operating weapons systems, cleaning weapons systems, maintain weapons direction systems, testing weapon systems, testing weapon electronics, making reports on the status of weapon systems, making recommendations about weapons systems, and recommended employment of weapons systems.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Fire Controlman Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Fire Controlman resumes for your reference.
Fire Controlman Resume Sample 1
- Established and maintained a credible and articulate presence during press conferences and news interviews.
- Established and maintained a credible and articulate presence during interviews, public speaking engagements, and public presentations.
- Maintained an annual review of age-appropriate literature for children; an understanding of the current state of social issues; an understanding of cultural diversity; the process by which children learn; the process by which adults learn; how people learn differently; how learning can be affected by boredom; defining knowledge vs. ability to acquire knowledge.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance as a Communications Officer with the Joint Task Force 2 (JTF2) in New York City.
- Maintained excellent attendance at mandatory training exercises and required operations school.
Fire Controlman Resume Sample 2
- Expertly deployed an array of extinguishing agents on fire-related emergencies; recognized for effective utilization of hazardous materials response equipment.
- Attained top recognition for extinguishing a fire in a remote control receiver room while maintaining objectivity in a potentially hazardous environment.
- Efficiently subdued a prisoner while maintaining objective reasoning during an altercation at the scene of an accident.
- Prevented fire from spreading to adjacent structures while operating on the upper floors of a three-story commercial building; recognized by commanding officer for outstanding performance.
- Expertly controlled a potentially hazardous fuel spill by securing the contaminated area, monitoring the situation, and following up with proper authorities.
Fire Controlman Resume Sample 3
- Successfully completed the state-mandated Fire School program; prepared to pursue the state-mandated Firefighter I license or Fire Instructor certification.
- Documented 35 fire/arson/bomb investigations; recognized for conducting thorough arson investigations, leading to successful prosecution.
- Received an award for exemplary performance; recognized for writing patent reports that aided in the conviction of arsonists.
- Met with senior staff members in order to create a strategic plan that would strengthen the department’s capabilities during hazardous weather conditions; will help save lives and property.
- Combated an apartment fire; rescued an unconscious victim; provided lifesaving care until paramedics arrived on the scene.
Fire Controlman Resume Sample 4
- Assisted in the design, installation, and maintenance of fire detection systems.
- Coordinated with city building inspector on smoke detector installations.
- Served as on-site project coordinator for commercial projects; scheduled work crews for multiple site visits at the same time.
- Reduced customer wait time by designing an on-line application process; received commendation award for diverting incoming calls at customer service level.
- Handled the training of new employees; drafted documentation to ensure procedures were followed throughout the organization.
Fire Controlman Resume Sample 5
- Completed a preliminary investigation of a fire that destroyed multi-million–dollar – homes.
- Validated a fire claim by testifying in court regarding the case.
- Established the cause and origin of a fire that resulted in $400,000 in damages.
- Qualified as certified Firefighter I & II, EMT-Basic & II, HazMat Technician, and Smoke Diver; recognized as an expert in fire investigations throughout Los Angeles County.
- Provided vital information to investigators pertaining to the arrest of individuals involved in setting multiple fires throughout Southern California.
Fire Controlman Resume Sample 6
- Performed and supervised fire detection and suppression work, and off-load/load duties when assigned to combat or combat support units.
- Served in a variety of assignments with the U.S. Military from January 1994 through June 2009 in Vietnam, Korea, Iraq, Germany, Kuwait, and Afghanistan.
- Troubleshot and repaired a variety of electrical circuits and equipment.
- Received the Navy-Marine Corps Achievement Medal and various personal and unit awards and decorations during a military career.
- Worked with the civilian General Electric (GE) to analyze and diagnose electrical equipment problems while working in a variety of locations.
Fire Controlman Resume Sample 7
- Contributed to the success of the vessel by preparing and maintaining maintenance logs.
- Issued firefighting orders for assigned boats while maintaining a high standard of professionalism and discipline upon request of commanding officers.
- Served as a supervisor at sea while exercising sound judgment and personal initiative.
- Assigned tasks to subordinates and set leads while maintaining a high standard of professionalism and discipline.
- Supervised the activities on board the ship while displaying sound judgment and personal initiative.
Fire Controlman Resume Sample 8
- Inspected for extensive safety hazards to include missing fire extinguishers, faulty wiring, and improper placement of materials.
- Resolved hostile situations with coworkers including verbal arguments, physical altercations, property damage, and property theft.
- Issued citations for excessive noise levels; issued a summons for non-payment of fines; issued citations for parking violations; issued summons for public urination.
- Identified and controlled patient safety hazards including improper medication use, lack of proper restraints, and fire hazards. Rescued a woman from a burning building.
- Achieved recognized excellence in firearms proficiency; served as a “gun expert” for the police department.
Fire Controlman Resume Sample 9
- Served as an Air Force Fire Controlman; detected and corrected problems with fire-control radar and missile system. Worked on the Mark 43 fire control system.
- Trained Fire Controlman apprentices; completed the 8-week course and taught hands-on training to apprentices during a 17-week program aboard the USS Lexington aircraft carrier.
- Performed in a Soldier of the Month ceremony; received honors for excellence in performance, character, and military bearing.
- Received meritorious service award for preventing equipment breakdown during crisis situations when spare parts were unavailable at the time or in stock.
- Strived to obtain more responsibility and training opportunities.
Fire Controlman Resume Sample 10
- Laid-down fire suppression lines during several emergency incidents; achieved positive results in emergency response to include the protection of human life.
- Received commendation for excellent performance; assisted members in locating, rescuing, and returning two boat parties back to the base safely.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills when communicating with subordinates, supervisors, and senior officers.
- Achieved commendation for superior professional growth; maintained satisfactory scores on annual proficiency assessments.
- Received commendation for maintaining the highest marks in the technical competency evaluation.
Fire Controlman Resume Sample 11
- Performed as a tactical member for field training from 21–28 June 2002 from Saudi Arabia, to New York City after being transported by air.
- Served as a military police officer during Operation Enduring Freedom in Charmahal and throughout Afghanistan until his re-integration into the US Army on 19 September 2002.
- Served as a security guard for three separate Saudi Arabian oil fields, which were oil installations that were never attacked during WWII.
- Trained in emergency action procedures for the M203, M249, M16A2, and M9.
- Re-integrated into Fort Lewis on 6 January 2003; deployed to Fort Lewis on 6 September 2002.
Fire Controlman Resume Sample 12
- Earned award for controlling fire without damage to property. Coordinated efforts with other personnel to perform search-and-rescue operations using specialized equipment.
- Combat trained, awarded the medal of honor for military service. Supervised rescue operations for three days following a natural disaster.
- Accomplished service as JAG officer; deployed forces to South America to provide top security during peace negotiations.
- Promoted to the rank of Sergeant after demonstrating exceptional leadership qualities. Handled complex business litigation cases involving multimillion-dollar transactions and international trade agreements, including lawsuits relating to product liability claims against the DoD by contractors working on the F/A-18 aircraft program.
- Received award for outstanding performance as a gun control man. Awarded fourth-degree black belt in Tae kwon do competition.
Fire Controlman Resume Sample 13
- Participating in the fire control system for a United States Naval ship—an honor to be recognized by the Senior Chief Petty Officer of the watch.
- Performed duties as a non-commissioned officer in all areas of operations from receipt, issue, checkout, and delivery to completion.
- Psychological Operations Specialist (Sensitive Military Information) – gained positive results with former adversaries by effectively refuting false information and conveying the credibility of official information.
- Received commendation for outstanding performance – gained positive results with former adversaries by effectively refuting false information and conveying the credibility of official information.
- Combat Arms Training and Maintenance – certified as a qualified armorer and tested, trained, and certified other Marines in the proper use and maintenance of their assigned weapon system.
Fire Controlman Resume Sample 14
- Completed all required tasks, while being assigned to a four-man fire team in an eight-month combat tour of Iraq’s Al Anbar Province.
- Selected as the honor graduate while at The Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego. Received Drill Instructor’s award for excellence in training recruits.
- Led the Marines in filling out paperwork while assigned to the Weapons Handling Course.
- Completed numerous firearms qualifications while assigned to Firing Team 1, Air Training Command.
- Received approval to use the military weapons for duty for unlimited time without training.
Education includes a high school diploma or equivalent and enlistment in the Navy. Skills to succeed include good physical fitness, attention to detail, organized, able to understand and follow directions, detailed knowledge of weapons systems, ability to function in combat conditions, good hearing, normal color perception, and ability to communicate.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.