Fleet Managers are responsible for the complete oversight of a vehicle fleet within a transportation company. Their duties include finding qualified operators for the vehicles, buying vehicles for the fleet, maintaining vehicles within the fleet, creating a driver’s schedule, developing a budget, and ensuring compliance with all transportation guidance.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Fleet Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Fleet Manager resumes for your reference.
Fleet Manager Resume Sample 1
- Reduced equipment downtime by 25% after research and reallocating funds to purchase newer vehicles.
- Managed over-seeing public vehicles at the expense of $30,000 annually including fuel costs, maintenance fees, and car washes for hundreds of city employees.
- Oversaw special transportation needs for police officers; increased safety standards with proper security provisions.
- Improved fleet operations by eradicating poor vehicle conditions; only vehicle requiring high attention at one time was dealt with immediately to prevent failures.
- Led successful completion of an audit conducted by auditors from major leasing company; verified expenditures comply with federal regulations.
Fleet Manager Resume Sample 2
- Oversaw production, purchase, and maintenance of 30 new vehicles.
- Achieved 100% compliance in monthly internal audits by following the 5-step Vehicle Inspections process.
- Trained 2 employees with fleet management knowledge.
- Improved customer service when increasing number of repairs per order during peak demand periods for local vehicle repair center.
- Replenished inventory using a streamlined ordering process that yielded 3% savings in annual purchases.
Fleet Manager Resume Sample 3
- Maintained a fleet of 500+ company vehicles yielding cost savings of over $60,000 yearly.
- Oversaw the work of 9 subordinates for more than 1 year without incurring an accident or damage to any vehicle.
- Improved productivity by 10% within six months with no added resources; recognized as top performer by Divisional Manager.
- Achieved award for meeting safety guidelines based on observed job performance and reviewed statistics on accidents, injuries, and lost time incidents.
- Secured annual savings in excess of $30,000 after successfully negotiating better insurance rates with carriers; named “Employee of the Year” for this accomplishment after completing six years at the firm.
Fleet Manager Resume Sample 4
- Devised and presented a business case to executive management for transitioning from part-time lease employees to full-time, direct hire drivers.
- Managed the maintenance of over $15 million worth of motorized and nonmotorized equipment across 5 states, exceeding 20 properties.
- Established public image as an authority on fleet safety by producing and presenting at industry conferences.
- Raised fleet safety performance level by creating standardized driver training programs that reduced preventable accidents by 70%.
- Identified and remedied business process deficiencies including paperless procedures, streamlining routes, reducing mileage to meet vehicle turn-in requirements.
Fleet Manager Resume Sample 5
- Reorganized fleet staff, simplified fleet procedures, and reduced staff expenses by 12%.
- During my five years as Fleet Manager, the number of vehicles in operation increased 33%, vehicle accidents decreased 9.5%, and expenses decreased 11% due to accurate hours-on-hand records.
- Improved safety by installing 100 additional spot mirrors which reduced accidents by 70%.
- Pioneered new safety measure with driver’s rotating quarterly routing schedules for freeway travel.
- Reduced miles-per-vehicle 5%.
Fleet Manager Resume Sample 6
- Increased fleet safety and efficiency by promoting driver training, implementing driver incentive programs, routing to reduce mileage.
- Oversaw multi-million dollar annual budget; recommended equipment purchases; increased productivity; reduced costs; maintain compliance with corporate policies.
- Authored company’s “Fleet Procedural Manual”; trained over 40 technicians nationwide on proper equipment installation/maintenance/repair techniques. Assembled technical expertise for investigating product failures.
- Identified process improvements that cut the breakdown rate by 30% resulting in significant savings (and subsequent promotion).
- Presented new technology at national conventions that reduced our average truck retirement age 45%, increased fuel economy 16%, and maintained emissions standards 50% above the minimum requirement.
Fleet Manager Resume Sample 7
- Maintain and monitor all fleet vehicles to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Achieve first year net savings of $101,000 through recycling and the purchase of alternative fuel vehicles.
- Authorized to administer DOT physicals for drivers as well as random drug testing using a 5 panel urine test .
- Grew number of air conditioned buses from zero to seven.
- Promoted from Meter Reader/Driver, to Meter Reader/Cashier, to Fleet Mechanic/Dispatcher, to Fleet Maintenance Supervisor before being promoted to Fleet Manager.
Fleet Manager Resume Sample 8
- Implemented stringent safety, maintenance, and productivity standards that led to $2 million in annual savings in fleet operations.
- Re-engineered the fleet’s maintenance program to reduce costs by 15%.
- Assembled a team of internal consultants to address Fleet Services’ concerns over potential fire hazards with the truck cabs.
- Resolved $5 million in back charges created by deteriorating relations between Truck Services and DMV over data submissions.
- Achieved an 18% improvement in on-time deliveries; recognized for good customer service skills by success with improving relationships among drivers and managers.
Fleet Manager Resume Sample 9
- Managed four supervisors and 32 drivers to produce $22 million in revenue.
- Turned around this fleet, resulting in a 20% gain in turnover, while reducing expenses by 6%.
- Dropped accident rate to 0%, increased safety rating from 1.5 stars to 3.5 stars, and reduced fuel consumption by 5%.
- Spearheaded the creation of new procedures for pre-trip inspections that saved time and achieved 100% inspection compliance without increasing DOT fines.
- Reduced the number of accidents over one year period by 80%; tracked by DOT statistician; received public commendation letter from U.S representative; recognized in local newspaper article for “outstanding achievement.”
Fleet Manager Resume Sample 10
- Instructed two managers and twenty-five employees in safe vehicle operation, effective equipment maintenance, and logistics for Fortune 500 company.
- Oversaw the daily operations of over one hundred vehicles from inspection to fueling; scheduled rental vehicles as needed.
- Achieved a 100% on-time delivery rate for a single customer by minimizing workload through an innovative operating system that saved time and money.
- Reconciled discrepancies between inventory records and actual parts on hand to determine which were accurate; reduced spending by 25%.
- Increased fleet utilization to 97% within first month, resulting in $75,000 cost savings per year; recognized by executive management for outstanding performance.
Fleet Manager Resume Sample 11
- Oversee all aspects of transportation for an international fleet consisting of automobiles, heavy equipment, and other vehicles.
- Developed a hazardous materials compliance plan that was well received by the EPA.
- Reduced annual fuel consumption in fleet vehicles by 8% over one year’s period through improved driver habits and enhanced utilization.
- Improved vehicle maintenance time table to assure timely repairs were completed within cost guidelines; realizing savings in labor hours expended on high-cost repairs.
- Reworked portions of company vehicle inspection procedure to improve customer satisfaction rates relating to the purchase process.
Fleet Manager Resume Sample 12
- Oversaw the fleet department, consisting of 250 fleet employees and 30 support personnel.
- Tracked fuel consumption, expenses, and reported to management on all fleet activity.
- Transferred 15 new car dealerships from one manufacturer to another without disrupting business for either.
- Recovered stolen vehicles within 24 hours through effective strategic planning.
- Identified areas that could be improved upon based on customer survey ratings, ensuring greater efficiency for years to come.
In order to work as a Fleet Manager you will need a minimum of an associate’s degree in logistics or a related field, however some employers may require a bachelor’s degree in the same fields. Fleet Manager must demonstrate an advance knowledge of the United States Department of Transportation laws and regulations, management skills, administrative skills, critical thinking skills, problem-solving skills, interpersonal skills, communication skills, and excellent organizational skills in order to succeed.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Fleet Manager Resume Samples
- Fleet Manager Resume Sample 1
- Fleet Manager Resume Sample 2
- Fleet Manager Resume Sample 3
- Fleet Manager Resume Sample 4
- Fleet Manager Resume Sample 5
- Fleet Manager Resume Sample 6
- Fleet Manager Resume Sample 7
- Fleet Manager Resume Sample 8
- Fleet Manager Resume Sample 9
- Fleet Manager Resume Sample 10
- Fleet Manager Resume Sample 11
- Fleet Manager Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up