A content writer creates written text for use on a company’s website, social media outlets, and other web-based applications. Duties include researching and writing articles, moderating online forums, blogging for a particular company or brand, and editing written text. The top skills for this position are writing, research skills, social media, editing, and proofreading. A bachelor’s degree is required for this position along with a background in journalism, marketing, and public relations.
The Best Content Writer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Content Writer resumes for your reference.
- Create content to inform readers and promote or sell the company’s products or services.
- Generate content using keywords focused on search engine optimization(SEO).
- Produce content that makes the company more appealing to its readers.
- Research materials for clients to ensure that the information presented for publishing is precise, up-to-date, and properly relays the company’s message.
- Developed, wrote, edited, and submitted weekly articles to promote the arts and entertainment scene in Lincoln.
- Lead discussions and panels on diversity and inclusion issues.
- Supply members with resources, contacts, and a variety of viewpoints on the environmental education workplace.
- Write blog posts, host meetings, and organize guest speakers.
- Wrote and published five feature articles that were the most read pieces of feature writing within the city over a two-year period.
- Received two awards for investigative reporting; produced an exclusive series on a local political scandal.
- Transfer data from Excel worksheet to website building software efficiently and accurately.
- Update spreadsheet to note item was added and any other changes necessary.
- After the info is transferred, the item needs an original 50+ word description and at least 2 pictures.
- Designed, upgraded, and operated social media sites to promote culture; heightened awareness of artists by engaging with 1,200 followers.
- Conceived new creative mannerisms for representing writers by editing columnists and developing workflow processes at an international magazine.
- Develop and write website and promotional content, including explainer videos, white papers, case studies, blog posts, and articles.
- Work directly with the SEO team to optimize all original web content while staying on brand.
- Deliver well-researched and creative content quickly and consistently on deadline.
- Manage branded social media, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.
- Won awards for the Top Five Documentary and News Radio Programs at the High School Journalism Conference, for the Best Newspaper Editorial in School District, and for the Best Newsletter by a Middle School Student.
- Research, organize and write content for educational material.
- Create and implement TEKS-based questions correlating to content.
- Edit written pieces from other contract writers or publication companies.
- Consult on formatting for the following styles and genres: literary fiction and non-fiction, expository, stage-play, procedural, and persuasive.
- Developed one of the largest news websites in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Created content including blog entries, solution white papers, case studies, datasheets, press releases, and web copy to establish thought leadership in the managed file transfer solution category.
- Collected and organized information from marketing, sales, engineering, and support to develop relevant content to match the Thru solution to customer needs.
- Worked with technical subject matter experts to deliver user guides, administration guides, developer guides, and release notes.
- Received four awards from the Pulaski County newspaper for outstanding editorial writing and community service.
- Achieved award for the outstanding quality of writing at a juvenile court hearing for 8th graders assigned to a community service project.
- Wrote community news articles, feature stories, and advertisements for print and online newspapers and businesses throughout the US.
- Selected to write weekly features and news stories for the Chicago Tribune’s TribLocal paper.
- Gathered information and developed sources from Chicago while working remotely from Austin, TX.
- Wrote approximately 100 hyperlocal community news articles per week.
- Composed and edited articles, headlines, and content for a variety of media platforms; implemented creative writing style while addressing deadlines.
- Ensure the material reflects the current procedures and is updated if and when they change.
- Help resolve internal and external client issues and concerns related to the project processes.
- Ensure all procedural changes or modifications are appropriately documented.
- Pro-actively identify opportunities to improve upon existing process flows.
- Illustrated with hundreds of photographs and comprehensive article rewrites in assignment to redefine the public’s perception of an entertainment entity.
- Wrote articles for the firm website explaining aspects of personal injury law to potential clients.
- Also curated daily blog posts for the firm’s wrongful death and personal injury blogs concerning area accidents.
- Responsible for editing, creating Photoshop graphics, and cultivating new content on the company’s WordPress website.
- Edited award-winning articles from distinguished journalists; prepared files for print production that included headline changes, copyediting, and digital media feeds.
- Wrote weekly news column for a regional newspaper; reported on community association activities, legal cases, politics, and sports news in local jurisdictions.
- Created compelling B2B/B2 C content for all channels, including email, social media, SEO, and print communications.
- Managed client communications throughout development, production, and release.
- Led the creation and production of training videos for sales and operational teams.
- Worked directly with executive leadership to develop videos, announcements, and podcasts.
- Collaborated with team to create sales advertisements that utilized compelling visual designs.
- Reviewed and edited others’ passage sets and accepted feedback on my passage sets as well.
- Passages went through at least four rounds of editing before upload.
- Co-created training documents for MCAT CARS for current and future employee use.
- Brainstormed methods for company strategy: weekly meetings with editors and uploaders to ensure effective communication and maximum efficiency, creative marketing strategies, presentation techniques, and effective emphasis on essay writing for the SAT product.
- Created, updated, and moderated three blogs with over 1000 page views per month.
- Write articles and blogs to maximize verbiage geared toward Search Engine Optimization.
- Manage and edit copy written by the content staff, workings closely with the sales team to ensure our client’s business needs are being met.
- Review and research Google AdWords for effective client outcomes.
- Created and updated magazines and articles for several publications.
- Updated Web sites for Tourism Board and Ivy Tech State College in the US, among others.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.