Prep chefs assist the head chef in preparing ingredients and cooking stations. Their duties include cleaning and maintaining the kitchen and work stations, monitoring inventory and measures cooking ingredients, following preparation tasks created by chefs, preparing basic culinary dishes and cocktails, and distributing dishes to the wait staff.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Prep Chef Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Prep Chef resumes for your reference.
Prep Chef Resume Sample 1
- Prepared and served quality food at a high standard to increase patronage.
- Achieved second place finish in the World Pizza Championships by using innovative cooking methods and recipes, as well as customer service standards.
- Recognized for excellence in culinary techniques through receipt of business’ top award for performance beyond expectations for one month straight.
- Demonstrated creativity by modifying classic recipes to incorporate seasonally fresh ingredients, highlighting colors, textures, and flavors that pleased guests’ palates.
- Enabled restaurant’s success through experimentation with new ethnic dishes appealing to a variety of tastes and cultural backgrounds; increased customer satisfaction ratings.
Prep Chef Resume Sample 2
- Prepared numerous dishes for banquets and other social events, including Thanksgiving dinner for 400+ persons.
- Fulfilled requests to prepare chocolate desserts made with fruit, sour cream, and other ingredients to produce well-balanced meals.
- Prepared custom menus according to customer preferences by combining Italian seasoning with Mediterranean spices.
- Planned events that were catered by the restaurant, such as office meetings or birthday parties, for up to 100 people.
- Received compliments from visiting delegations who appreciated the meal served at an event hosted by the company.
Prep Chef Resume Sample 3
- Prepared food according to recipe, portion size, cooking time, taste, appeal, and nutritional value.
- Supervised the labeling of foods in refrigerators for menu items that include gluten free meals.
- Aided with preparation during banquets, special events by removing used plates from dining tables and taking dirty dishes to kitchen.
- Assisted in all three courses of dinner service; maintained cleanliness standards by keeping station area clear of items not in use; ensured proper storage for supplies and finished food products at end of day’s business.
- Reduced product costs using purchasing methods like bulk order discounts or team orders; suggested new ways to save on food purchases without sacrificing quality or declining health standards.
Prep Chef Resume Sample 4
- Prepared dietary food orders for an average of 40 residents daily.
- Supervised kitchen staff in maintaining high standards of good housekeeping, sanitation, and safety.
- Received the Employee of the Month Award; in charge of organizing monthly work schedules with conscientious performance in all responsibilities.
- Limited my menu creation to dishes that are low cholesterol and sodium while meeting special dietary needs of senior citizens.
- Planned weekly menus with balanced nutritional value that were cost efficient without compromising quality or quantity.
Prep Chef Resume Sample 5
- Prepared salads including ingredients, portioning out of dressings, and garnishes for cooling. Worked with premade doughs for meats, pizza sauces, parmesan cheese, and spices.
- Successfully prepared various food items to be served at meetings or events attended by up to 200 guests.
- Brought on-site dining experience to new heights by creating interesting recipes using diverse flavors of meats and vegetables; recognized by management for exceptional service.
- Achieved county wide recognition through the development of avant-garde dishes that have been featured in local magazines.
- Pioneered trendsetting techniques while experimenting with numerous cooking methods including smoking, sous vide, and pressure cooking.
Prep Chef Resume Sample 6
- Designed and produced a complete kosher menu for a 200-seat restaurant that was presented to the Rabbi.
- Employed knowledge of food preparation, presentation, and storage to ensure all food items were prepared in a safe manner by adhering to HACCP regulations.
- Established rapport with regular customers base through friendly interaction while maintaining high quality service.
- Achieved an excellent performance review after receiving above average evaluations from three different supervisors over a 7 month period.
- Earned recognition as Employee of the Month after proving responsible for increasing daily sales 10%.
Prep Chef Resume Sample 7
- Effectively executed standards while maintaining a positive attitude and friendly service demeanour during a twelve-month stint as a prep chef at a high volume restaurant.
- Achieved over 97% compliance at the end of an extensive six month re-organization that focused on food safety, product rotation, and increased communication amongst servers, bartenders, managers.
- Exhibited exceptional customer service when managing customers in many different settings including banquets, weddings receptions, restaurants, catering kitchens.
- Acted as security officer for night shift surveillance team; ensure product integrity through proper cooling techniques to prevent cross contamination.
- Collaborated with numerous chefs to create menus based on dietary concern and food allergies.
Prep Chef Resume Sample 8
- Prepared salads, sides, and desserts as needed to ensure a smooth flow of production for all dining areas.
- Quickly prepared steaks, chops, and other entrée items demanded by guests at high-volume restaurants during rushes.
- Graded over 250 pounds of beef weekly to ensure quality standards were met according to company specifications.
- Provided exemplary service during a week-long celebration honoring the retirement of an executive by preparing food samples for dignitaries and employees through 5 course meals.
- Earned gratuities from customers after providing recommendations on special wine pairings with desserts.
Prep Chef Resume Sample 9
- Achieved awards for Outstanding Teamwork and Positive Attitude.
- Implemented a new menu to meet the organization’s quality standards while working on a tight budget.
- Honored with a company award for Excellence in Customer Satisfaction, November 2014.
- Performed efficiently by taking initiative to complete tasks that were beyond current job duties on an as-needed basis.
- Received recognition from our President on several occasions for outstanding service and dedication to the hotel.
Prep Chef Resume Sample 10
- Prepared custom-ordered entrees for patrons during peak hours, while assuring that food preparation time, quality, and presentation met all health department standards.
- Led staff in service of over 1,000 patrons at a banquet; responsible for achieving satisfaction ratings above 90 percent.
- Pioneered new concepts for catering to customer needs by developing five additional menu items to the existing 20.
- Redesigned buffet layout to increase efficiency of stations by 15 percent.
- Identified need for additional training due to inherited management style by other supervisors resulting in increased productivity and profitability during current tenure.
Prep Chef Resume Sample 11
- Prepared numerous types of appetizers, soups, salads, breads, vegetables, desserts, and entrees for banquets.
- Ensured banquet presentation was aesthetically pleasing by arranging food artfully on platters before serving meals to guests.
- Handled multiple responsibilities simultaneously during stress-filled dinner hours by efficiently maintaining work flow while expediting orders.
- Provided high levels of product quality and customer service by following all health code regulations regarding cleanliness and sanitation at workstation.
- Demonstrated leadership skills as a team player by helping co-workers; effectively met responsibilities during shortages of staff or equipment.
Prep Chef Resume Sample 12
- Prepared food for service; cooked all bakery items, appetizers, sandwiches, sides and steaks.
- Suggested menu changes to increase revenue; implemented changes successfully with little supervision.
- Employed excellent judgment in ensuring that the guests received timely and courteous attention.
- Initiated special events called “Chefs Nights Out” creating marketing opportunities for other restaurant businesses during slow times.
- Received Certificate of Achievement from Boston College Law School Alumni Association local chapter recognizing exceptional support of community organizations.
To work as a Prep Chef, you need a high school diploma or equivalent with culinary school training preferred. Prep chefs should demonstrate reliability, ability to follow directions in a fast-paced environment, excellent teamwork and communication skills, physical stamina to work long shifts, ability to safely handle cooking tools such as knives with dexterity.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.