An Assistant IT Manager works with clients to ensure that their IT needs are met. Their duties include providing technical assistance, coding new software, making support calls, working a help desk, managing an IT team, working to help employees accomplish tasks, establishing policies and procedures, and setting up technology.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Assistant IT Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Assistant IT Manager resumes for your reference.
Assistant IT Manager Resume Sample 1
- Wrote technical manuals, implemented security measures, and managed international email and connectivity with professionalism.
- Researched, designed, built, and implemented training programs for our IT department.
- Compiled data on system utilization rates to assess the benefits of a new computer system.
- Wrote the annual strategic plan for information technology which ensured the long-range goals of the organization were met.
- Developed an institutional knowledge base by making thorough investigations regarding complex software projects throughout the company’s history.
Assistant IT Manager Resume Sample 2
- Accomplished assigned goals, objectives and related tasks.
- Directed staff to meet goals and objectives.
- Accomplished assigned tasks efficiently and timely, in accordance with established work standards.
- Prepared daily work reports on time and in accordance with established guidelines.
- Developed project plans for new IT initiatives by identifying needs, developing strategies for results, and communicating plans to appropriate groups.
Assistant IT Manager Resume Sample 3
- Instructed system administration and network design concepts from a novice to fully certified knowledge through hands-on training with published works and various Internet tools.
- Demonstrated ability to define goals, analyze objectives, and effectively meet milestones by incorporating pre-determined methods.
- Created procedures for assignment of personnel roles, responsibilities, and job descriptions in order to teach the different aspects of IT management.
- Fostered opportunities for computer hardware donations by setting up merchandise sales racks in the college’s computer lab.
- Effectively crafted presentations during a three-hour seminar regarding security software and networks while treating over 40 students with respect and courtesy to provide them with positive learning experiences.
Assistant IT Manager Resume Sample 4
- Developed staff training methods, established employee benefit and retirement systems and mentored a new team of six employees.
- Orchestrated the installation of Cisco network hardware ensuring optimal performance.
- Diagnosed system errors primarily caused by insufficient RAM; maintained equipment efficiency at 99% by completing daily diagnostic scans.
- Replaced failing routers and servers for three branch locations; prevented customer loss by training supervisory employees to operate proprietary software on alternative hardware when necessary.
- Lead a team of thirty to employee benefits fairs and retirement seminars in nine neighboring counties.
Assistant IT Manager Resume Sample 5
- Helped with the installation of two new computer networks; administered the network.
- Managed new technology solutions thereby setting server, router, and firewall configuration.
- Implemented new software solutions and backups to ensure data security.
- Demonstrated effective implementation of project management techniques to ensure compliance with project deadlines and budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure as needed to meet deadlines and goals.
Assistant IT Manager Resume Sample 6
- Managed and/or assisted in the relief of one to three individuals with computer projects, including mission-critical access security, network security and data communications.
- Developed operating procedures and technical jargon for the daily management of a complex network environment.
- Developed procedures for maintaining a clean, secure, disaster-proof environment; the technical knowledge of basic VPN gateways and enterprise server hardware was extended to include antivirus software configuration.
- Realized an ability to provide leadership; professional development through assisting co-workers in resolving problems.
- Realized an understanding of the motivation skills needed to gain, maintain, and lead organisational success.
Assistant IT Manager Resume Sample 7
- Formulate and implement administrative, technical, and operational policies to provide infrastructure support.
- Converted third-party vendor’s homemade configuration scripts into centralized Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM) rules.
- Guaranteed 24/7/365 continuous, redundant fault-tolerant operations by installing two MOMs in a failover cluster.
- Deployed Shadow Server to monitor PC workstations and servers; reduced management time in half for time allotted for scheduled maintenance window.
- Resolved Severe Incidents within a minute by implementing an inbound firewall rule; saved company from network intrusion, information leak, and financial loss.
Assistant IT Manager Resume Sample 8
- Developed, implemented and maintained computing and networking systems that allowed students to access learning materials and resources 24 hours a day.
- Fostered community within staff by building relationships with teachers, staff, parents, and community members in the United States.
- Demonstrated three-dimensional leadership by distinguishing myself as a mentor in the classroom.
- Expanded my employer’s Customer service skills through a two-year Instructor Training program for Information Technology personnel.
- Informed the company of new technologies through brainstorming sessions with interns from other divisions within the Finance Group on specialized projects in which I had expertise.
Assistant IT Manager Resume Sample 9
- Founded and organized a new library cataloging department from the ground up; developed, implemented, and maintained all policies, procedures, processes, and workflows in an innovative manner.
- Trained all staff to be aware of the materials needed to be cataloged; completed over 60% of cataloging tasks for the department.
- Prepared weekly reports maintaining statistics with regards to cataloging department productivity and workforce management.
- Presented paper on alternative uses for library’s audit trails at annual meeting of Library Association of California.
- Restored control rooms, back-up servers, and data centers after a seven-week cyber-attack; developed innovative solutions for problem solving of IT/telecommunications environment.
Assistant IT Manager Resume Sample 10
- Supplying technical expertise and direction to regional IT staff in the implementation of best practice organizational change and business intelligence tools.
- Directing data center hardware layouts, power costings, and infrastructure designs.
- Developing new business solutions with key clientele; developing a financial model for the State of New York.
- Researched an innovative program to solve a problem that would change the way others viewed their stores; developed a new strategy for client success.
- Established new standards for internal team collaboration in the design and implementation of three information systems.
Assistant IT Manager Resume Sample 11
- Provided technical support for a large department of over 300 employees by identifying, analyzing, and solving problems with hardware, software, and networking.
- Evaluated the feasibility of supporting new software applications by establishing a network infrastructure; implemented after the feasibility assessment.
- Implemented high-speed WAN connectivity across five locations by coordinating with six vendors for equipment and supply delivery.
- Identified and corrected miscellaneous computer errors; caused 50% decrease in annual computer related errors.
- Oversaw successful migration to new server platform resulting in increased efficiency and productivity; decreased average time to process expense reports by more than 40%.
Assistant IT Manager Resume Sample 12
- Created, maintained, and upgraded computer systems and networked equipment for an organization of over 140 employees.
- Supervised department maintenance and system upgrades.
- Aided clients by handling customer technical issues.
- Developed a user-friendly interface for multi-functionality using macros, copy/paste functions, and programs.
- Developed skills in data base management by developing a database for employee attendance.
Assistant IT Manager Resume Sample 13
- Managed the computerized office work flow for the entire organization, including all software and hardware.
- Brought up to speed employees on new technology skills and computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Internet Finder, E-mail, and Instant Messaging.
- Conducted technical workshops according to company-specific policies.
- Transferred responsibility for recommended current business practices from upper-management down through training sessions.
- Wrote user guides and conducted training in public schools for school district employees regarding state-of-the-art multimedia computers.
Many Technical Support Associates will have either an associate’s degree or a bachelor’s degree in computer science from an accredited institution. Technical Support Associates must demonstrate a love of technology, management skills, advanced coding ability, the ability to solve computer problems, the ability to explain complex tasks, empathy, and attention to detail.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.