Import-export Coordinators provide merchant-to-customer support in communication and deliveries. Their duties include managing shipping logistics, performing follow-ups after delivery, communicating with end parties, managing invoices, and handling and documenting ocean, air, and land imports and exports.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Import Export Coordinator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Import Export Coordinator resumes for your reference.
Import Export Coordinator Resume Sample 1
- Imported and exported material from China to the United States, from a small business to a Fortune 500 corporation. Executed all import/export processes, including the completion of required documentation and customs declarations.
- Coordinated complex shipments to twelve international markets. Resolved problems regarding shipping methods and documents, which threatened to delay delivery times. Planned each shipment based on specific customer needs.
- Increased available space by utilizing parts of a warehouse that were not being utilized by other companies in the same building to reduce storage fees.
- Established exceptional working relationships with foreign vendors through clear communication and commitment to excellence in service provided.
- Resolved customer concerns by establishing a system which allowed customers to electronically track their shipments, and by providing detailed information regarding shipment status.
Import Export Coordinator Resume Sample 2
- Managed and coordinated the import, export, and logistics of 35 different commodities ranging from textiles to metals; improved company’s working relationships with suppliers and clients.
- Monitored international transportation for over 500 containers; ensured timely delivery of goods based on customer requirements.
- Redefined the company’s operating procedures; increased efficiency and improved coordination among staff members.
- Studied German for eight months to enhance communication with suppliers in Europe.
- Increased revenue by 30%; lead 50 staff members in a six-hour collaboration session regarding new inventory specifications.
Import Export Coordinator Resume Sample 3
- Trained in International Trade by National Association of Purchasing Managers.
- Handled imports from Mexico, Spain, Italy, China, Japan to satisfy customer delivery schedules.
- Trained and supervised new employees to adapt to company cultures and customs while building business relationships with key business partners in Colombia and Mexico.
- Achieved 100% on all professional development training courses including Leadership Skills and Employee Relations seminars.
- Created a joint venture with a Mexican company by completing all necessary international business negotiations.
Import Export Coordinator Resume Sample 4
- Coordinated cross-functional teams to achieve timely shipping of goods from international suppliers. Successfully resolved over 20 shipping delays in the import/export department due to weather, vessel availability, and consular process.
- Managed all transportation arrangements necessary in the shipping of materials. Met multiple deadlines for shipping orders despite limited availability of airfreight space.
- Developed systems that supported the tracking and storage of over 10,000 import/export documents for shipment shipments annually worth over $200M.
- Secured emergency Federal Express packages after hurricanes resulted in communication outages to Asian suppliers resulting in shipment delays.
- Redesigned importing and exporting processes to ensure smooth transfer of goods from suppliers to customers.
Import Export Coordinator Resume Sample 5
- Exceeded sales quota; closed more business than peers and was voted top sales representative for fourth quarter.
- Shipped and tracked orders in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction; received award for best performance in quality control.
- Developed international business relations through core competencies such as interpersonal communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Trained junior employees; received award for employee of the quarter by training staff on new technologies and methods of improving efficiency.
- Authentic leadership through effective communication, motivation, and recognition.
Import Export Coordinator Resume Sample 6
- Received outstanding comprehensive achievements for meeting customer service needs during my early career in import export.
- Contributed to the success of the business through the effective use of my time, knowledge, and creativity.
- Developed outstanding organizational skills in order to manage volunteer projects in my community.
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership skills when coordinating advisory groups for senior citizens in state correctional facilities.
- Created positive opportunities for youth employment by increasing awareness of job opportunities within the logistics industry.
Import Export Coordinator Resume Sample 7
- Directed multi-million dollar logistics efforts with focused attention on the company’s inbound-outbound processes in order to meet daily deadlines.
- Achieved award for accuracy and outstanding performance; finished year with one of the lowest reject rates in the company history.
- Orchestrated the import and export of over $5billion and 7,000 intercontinental shipments to and from over 36 countries internationally.
- Eliminated dependency on third-party warehousing by developing new warehousing protocols that prevented the loss, damaged goods, and damage to equipment during shipping.
- Suggested new re-routing strategies that allowed the company to increase profits by $300 million annually without the addition of staff.
Import Export Coordinator Resume Sample 8
- Supervised 27 foreign national employees, while managing the import/export supply chain.
- Identified new suppliers, negotiated with existing suppliers, supervised staff on inventory, received foreign shipments, maintained track of inventories throughout the enterprise.
- Initiated new product launches to strengthen the company’s market share.
- Delivered new product specifications for overseas production at least eight times annually.
- Proactively recruited potential suppliers for joint ventures to increase the company’s business opportunities in international markets.
Import Export Coordinator Resume Sample 9
- Managed import operations with partner companies in Europe, Asia, and South America; brokered trade deals with distributors.
- Coordinated with customs agencies to expedite international shipping moves; organized warehouse space to reduce transportation costs.
- Completed over eighty international transactions; maintained positive relationships with clientele worldwide.
- Brokered international sales for products manufactured in the U.S.; oversaw imports from the country of origin to distribution center here in the U.S.
- Complied with all import/export laws and regulations; successfully passed through numerous border crossings without inspection delays.
Import Export Coordinator Resume Sample 10
- Designed an import promotion plan to increase U.S. exports by 10% within 5 months; saved $120,000 in monthly export costs.
- Repaired 30% of annual hardware losses through complete destruction of 20% of inventory without cost to 45 customers.
- Negotiated contract for new warehousing facility with 3-year lease at $1 per month, $5,000 down and 12-month ground lease payments.
- Implemented the Buyback Program to increase customer retention for over 90% of product lines serving the Logistics & Supply Chain industry by 25%.
- Improved supplier firm’s quarterly sales by 30% through revised marketing strategy.
Import Export Coordinator Resume Sample 11
- Documented protocols related to the documentation, labeling, storage, shipment, and delivery of international freight.
- Managed all carrier accounts for airfreight shipments including domestic and international Pacific Air Cargo Services (PACARS), UPS, FedEx Express Services (FES), and U.S. Postal Service (USPS).
- Trained team members to perform duties related to international logistics operations including the preparation of required paperwork for export and import shipments.
- Scheduled freight routing through inland distribution centers via Open Door Policy with access to over 6500 pieces of equipment.
- Created and implemented procedures and policies to ensure all international shipments were processed and insured within the designated time frame.
Import Export Coordinator Resume Sample 12
- Exhibited exceptional expertise in procurement, procurement management, and procurement planning.
- Identified the U.S.’s top strategic global suppliers to meet the Federal government’s requirements through a single source of information.
- Recognized as a top quality military supplier by the U.S.’s largest national security law enforcement agency for Exceptional results in an area of significant business for a Federal agency.
- Recognized as one of America’s elite international trade companies by the nation’s largest international trade magazine due to achievements made in international trade and managing a business largely based on export opportunities from across the globe.
- Promoted from an entry-level position to a management level position within six months, managing a team of five employees.
Import Export Coordinator Resume Sample 13
- Oversaw the daily coordination of import shipments to include processing customs entries, contacting overseas suppliers, and completing all documentation.
- Processed over 500 import entries in less than 90 days, decreased processing time for entry by 25%.
- Successfully coordinated a cross-border trade mission to Central America to conduct product demonstrations and meet with potential distributors.
- Implemented new supplies and contracts with suppliers in Latin America; gained 20% market share.
- Streamlined administrative operations by 80% in less than 30 days; saved company $50,000 in overhead costs.
To work as an Import-export Coordinator, you should have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, or a related field, at least a year of experience, and fluency in another language. You must show organization, attention to detail, punctuality, problem-solving skills, computer skills, communication skills, ability to work under pressure, ability to multitask, and knowledge of domestic and international protocols.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.