An HR administrator functions as the point of contact to employees for HR-related issues. Duties include creating and maintaining employee records, updating databases, preparing HR documents, reviewing company policies, reporting HR metrics, assisting with payroll, and primary contact for employee issues.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best HR Administrator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real HR Administrator resumes for your reference.
HR Administrator Resume Sample 1
- Organized and conducted new-employee orientations; developed an orientation manual.
- Resolved employee issues that required disciplinary measures.
- Estimated benefits using a computerized benefit-cost analysis system to determine cost savings.
- Trained employees in the use of new equipment and software; developed a training program.
- Supervised temporary employees while original employees were on vacation or sick leave.
HR Administrator Resume Sample 2
- Compiled and analyzed data utilizing statistical distribution techniques.
- Promoted fair and equal treatment of employees; established adherence to policies and procedures, including relevant employment laws and labor union requirements.
- Performed job searches for qualified candidates; processed over 100 job applications over three years.
- Issued and enforced attendance and performance reviews within 5 weeks from the date of submission of annual evaluations to management.
- Achieved award for completing all job training on time; promoted employee wellness and safety.
HR Administrator Resume Sample 3
- Oversaw termination of employees while ensuring compliance with federal and state guidelines.
- Resolved conflicts between management and employees while supporting company policies.
- Helped create a work environment conducive to productivity, morale, and teamwork.
- Promoted diversity awareness by training staff to value cultural differences.
- Suggested effective employee development plans; tracking the progress of individuals toward career goals.
HR Administrator Resume Sample 4
- Received outstanding performance awards for excellence in HR administration. Developed an effective plan to expand, streamline, and document staff operations, including benefits.
- Oversee all hiring processes for a staff of 40 employees. Enforce rules on employee conduct protocols.
- Completed job analysis on all new hires; drafted performance standards for management skills. Manage pre-employment testing procedures.
- Reviewed job descriptions of all new hires; provided any revisions that are needed to the organization’s policies and procedures manual.
- Oversees Human Resources department consisting of 3 full-time staff members including 1 Senior Management Employee, 2 Administrative Support Employees, 1 Administrative Assistant Employee.
HR Administrator Resume Sample 5
- Trained, supervised, and provided technical assistance to staff regarding federal and state laws regarding discrimination, harassment, drug testing, post-employment discrimination, and employee benefits.
- Recruited permanent replacements for open positions; oversaw recruitment efforts from advertising to interviewing schedule.
- Managed the annual performance evaluation process in cooperation with the Senior Executive Team.
- Administered a comprehensive orientation program in collaboration with a military employer to successfully integrate into a new company.
- Managed a large department of 60 employees in which performance evaluations were based on essential job skills for each function.
HR Administrator Resume Sample 6
- Provided HR services to 1,500+ employees.
- Determined benefits eligibility of employees; oversaw the processing of benefits claims.
- Provided training for managers 1,000+ employees; evaluated the work performance of supervisors.
- Completed employee performance evaluations; provided documentation for termination or professional development for 1,000+ employees.
- Utilized time management skills for the efficient accomplishment of projects. Implemented new HR innovations including an enhanced recruitment system and a human resources training program. Received an outstanding quality award.
HR Administrator Resume Sample 7
- Saved over $1,000,000 to the company and received recognition for exemplary performance; successfully reduced employee health care costs to a level below the national average.
- Was instrumental in the development and implementation of a human resources strategic plan; this plan was recognized by Apple as one of five exemplary HR Plans during an annual workshop.
- Received award for outstanding performance; provided technical assistance to employees by responding promptly to employment discrimination charges and handled these charges with sensitivity and efficiency.
- Increased employee satisfaction; streamlined human resource policies and promoted programs that advanced fairness, equity, and diversity.
- Increased company and employee morale and sense of well-being; provided employees with helpful information that improved personal and professional relationships.
HR Administrator Resume Sample 8
- Supervised the entire human resources department (HR) for a small-sized company; effective in communicating with all staff members; supervised employee relations, benefits administration, and payroll functions.
- Responded to external customer issues while developing discipline and organizational structure.
- Assisted in the development of ongoing strategic plans while identifying new business opportunities that would enhance the company’s image.
- Facilitated introductory training sessions for new employees while tracking ongoing training protocols.
- Communicated with upper management regarding new assignments/responsibilities of HR team members.
HR Administrator Resume Sample 9
- Met and/or exceeded expectations for workforce planning, succession planning, and employee development.
- Developed a job description at least one year in advance of current occupation.
- Renamed a department for a more career-oriented role.
- Achieved all objectives for the organizational strategic plan.
- Recognized as the top performer in the region; received award as one of the top twenty percent of HR administrators in New Mexico.
HR Administrator Resume Sample 10
- Managed employee salary packages by updating HR records.
- Created different types of compensation plans, including performance-based, team-based, and merit-based plans.
- Trained employees in their new duties by providing information regarding the company’s benefits.
- Conducted employee appraisals meeting with supervisors to discuss their effectiveness in using the company’s benefits packages.
- Supervised various departmental functions including HR management, payroll management, risk management, and loss control.
HR Administrator Resume Sample 11
- Oversaw the hiring process; included job postings, employee referrals, and recruitment. Interviewed and hired applicants.
- Developed a positive workplace environment that fostered a commitment to policies and procedures. Developed a confidential hotline where employees could voice their concerns regarding management, coworkers, or any professional issue.
- Resolved employee concerns related to paying equity and promotional opportunities based on merit by referring them to the Labor Department Office.
- Managed salary reviews for all union employees following internal policies and external requirements from the Labor Department Office regarding wage increases for under-performing employees.
- Assessed disciplinary complaints from internal clients regarding employee conduct or inappropriate behavior within the workplace.
HR Administrator Resume Sample 12
- Met company goals for administrative support by staying abreast of changes in employee benefits, employment laws, and security awareness.
- Managed employees’ personal information by notifying them of Federal Trade Commission identity theft protection guidelines.
- Coordinated office’s training schedule, payroll procedures, and human resource files according to FMLA requirements.
- Assisted employees by providing information on company benefits via automated telephone system; provided insightful responses to questions about claims procedures, coverage provisions, and pre-certification requirements.
- Implemented new payroll system according to plan specifications; ensured quality of work performed by Quality Assurance Specialist who had limited experience with the new software.
HR Administrator Resume Sample 13
- Researched and analyzed employee benefits packages and compiled insurance summary forms.
- Maintained employee personnel files and made sure all necessary forms were completed and filed.
- Processed payroll for over 100 employees.
- Twice selected for the Employee of the Month Award.
- Promoted to HR Manager after only four years on the job.
HR Administrator Resume Sample 14
- Analyzed and updated the company’s benefits package.
- Utilized Company’s E-Mail System; updated Company’s HR Policies and Procedures Manual and Company’s employee handbook.
- Worked to implement a new policy for the company that provided paid time off (PTO) for employees while receiving Universal Time Off (U.S.O.); ensured that all policies were updated accordingly
- took initiative to ensure the company complied with all state and federal laws, such as the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- In 2011, led the effort of re-training of all personnel on the use of new management software system
Education requirements include a bachelor’s in human resources or related field, and prior experience in a relevant role. Skills to succeed as an HR administrator include experience with HR software, computer literacy, knowledge of labor laws, good telephone etiquette, excellent organizational skills, excellent oral and written communication abilities, detail-oriented, and good time management skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best HR Administrator Resume Samples
- HR Administrator Resume Sample 1
- HR Administrator Resume Sample 2
- HR Administrator Resume Sample 3
- HR Administrator Resume Sample 4
- HR Administrator Resume Sample 5
- HR Administrator Resume Sample 6
- HR Administrator Resume Sample 7
- HR Administrator Resume Sample 8
- HR Administrator Resume Sample 9
- HR Administrator Resume Sample 10
- HR Administrator Resume Sample 11
- HR Administrator Resume Sample 12
- HR Administrator Resume Sample 13
- HR Administrator Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up