An Electrical Maintenance Engineer maintains machines that run on electricity. Their duties include performing scheduled maintenance, supervising electrical technicians, performing preventative repairs, reviewing maintenance schedules, troubleshooting malfunctions, adjusting maintenance schedules and using infrared imaging tools.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Electrical Maintenance Engineer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Electrical Maintenance Engineer resumes for your reference.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Reduced cost of maintenance repairs, improved equipment reliability, improved quality of life for residents with innovative repairs of air handling units reducing heating and cooling costs.
- Constructed alternative solutions to existing equipment problems; improved performance for an existing boiler thereby reducing energy costs by $50,000.00 annually.
- Completed emergency generator transfer switch installation for emergency power requirements; facilitated emergency maintenance response time reduction by 40%.
- Conformed to safety standards required by OSHA and local codes during installations of electrical fixtures; conducted in-service training sessions resulting in superior employee safety performance.
- Established positive relationships with subcontractors; communicated effectively regarding project scope, scheduling, pricing, and quality standards.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Successfully completed redesigning of data center cooling system; installed new fire suppression system; investigated faulty T&D panels.
- Achieved 90% customer satisfaction rating; surveyed customers on the phone and in-person; listened to their problems; reported results to the Regional Manager.
- Completed area-wide rewiring project for the new building.
- Achieved award for best service call response time, completing repairs in less than 5 hours, 80% of the time.
- Was selected for outstanding employee of the month, demonstrating exceptional service to customers.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Performed customer surveys and provide detailed recommendations to customers regarding electrical service.
- Negotiated with contractors for maintenance, repair, and replacement of equipment.
- Scheduled equipment service call, documented service call results, and completed a maintenance plan for a manufacturer.
- Directed interns/apprentices who worked directly under his supervision.
- Trained personnel in new procedures or software programs.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Performed service tours for 12 different divisions within the company.
- Assisted in coordinating construction activity, installing and repairing various electrical equipment.
- Expertise in cable, wire harnesses, fixture sets, outlets, and receptacles.
- Received top quality award for being consistently on time and working above normal call numbers.
- Managed to create a safer working environment by strategically placing warning signs and improving illumination levels.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Skilled at troubleshooting technology problems; met all deadlines according to work orders.
- Increased productivity by 37% after developing more efficient work methods during the conversion from analog to digital diagnostic equipment.
- Met budgets by coordinating maintenance activities more efficiently.
- Resolved complex problems on automated equipment resulting in the more effective use of the equipment and increased customer satisfaction.
- Mastered new systems without additional training; quickly adapted to new technology.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Quickly developed proficiency at installing electrical panels, sub-panels, and lighting fixtures.
- Skilled at identifying existing problems and developing long-term solutions for facility issues.
- Performed duties as a site security officer; conducted thorough tours of the facilities’ perimeter to ensure the employer’s property was secure.
- Developed strong customer service skills; effectively communicate with workers, vendors, and tenants.
- Resulted in customer satisfaction with my commitment to performing duties with the highest integrity.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Received several awards for quality; consulted library of electrical engineering and mechanical trade books as well as online resources such as automotive repair guides and websites.
- Defined work schedule to allow for personal time to attend to family and personal activities.
- Complimented for professional skills, timely delivery of work product, and personal ability to attract and retain employees.
- Consistently delivered high-quality services with a justifiable increase in payroll costs due to increased customer load.
- Participated in job training classes which allowed them to become more proficient at their job duties through quality instruction.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer Resume Sample 8
- Performed electrical maintenance tasks that included electrical system updates, service, and replacement on-site at various industrial businesses.
- Performed fire alarm services and wire labeling on new construction jobs.
- Conducted testing on copper wire (cross-over) for the public works department regarding cable lengths, cable tension, cable speed, cable heat lengths, and cable installation.
- Assisted with the electrical inspection of a commercial building during structural modifications to the building. Also performed electrical maintenance/updates within the building’s infrastructures.
- Trained coworkers in a job site environment on various electrical equipment for industrial pipe welding.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Served as Site Supervisor I for the maintenance repair of equipment.
- Investigated equipment problems, both on-site and off-site, utilizing computer database, inventory records, and calculations to produce estimates for repairs.
- Researched hardware/software/cabling needs for customers’ training requirements to develop plans for supplying required equipment to meet their needs.
- Conducted annual maintenance tests of electrical systems in order to maintain system integrity. Analyzed problem areas arising from malfunctioning systems in accordance with established procedures.
- Served as Site Supervisor II for the maintenance repair of equipment.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Reduced factory downtime by 50% for a manufacturing client who creates a high-tech, high-end fitness equipment line.
- Worked with the client to create a performance enhancement plan.
- Installed state-of-the-art safety features at the client’s factory, reducing injury claims from employees by 75%.
- Mentored apprentice lineman as part of company’s commitment to training and development program.
- Concluded a three-year project saving company $200,000 in annual overhead costs unrelated to health care and benefits.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer Resume Sample 11
- Recipient of the Safety Award for preventing an injury to another employee through the use of safety glasses; improved safety awareness within the maintenance department.
- Developed a successful test plan for the fire alarm system so non-working systems could be identified and repaired.
- Presented methods to increase productivity at department meetings; provided accurate information leading to cost savings in various areas.
- Achieved outstanding results in learning and development through creating training programs that instilled a sense of accomplishment for employees.
- Created a newsletter for co-workers and customers incorporating news and helpful hints.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer Resume Sample 12
- Identified the cause of excessive energy usage using troubleshooting techniques.
- Completed maintenance on elevators, escalators, and moving walkways ensuring the reliability of safety systems while performing preventive maintenance on motorized equipment.
- Scheduled elevator replacements at various apartment complexes for major landlords in the growing metropolitan areas.
- Performed electrical tests for tenant guarantor agencies to ensure compliance with local fire codes after building renovations.
- Installed alarms in commercial apartments ensuring the safety of tenants and theft deterrents for businesses.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer Resume Sample 13
- Scheduled maintenance on equipment within a strict time schedule resulting in better equipment utilization.
- Analyzed the electrical system for damage, maintained equipment manuals to ensure all critical information was accounted for.
- Conducted repairs to broken electrical components, order new parts for repair, and provide repair recommendations.
- Installed new receptacles and outlets onto service panel; took precautions to make repairs safe for other work staff.
- Completed repairs to the entire building’s electrical system including critical safety systems that would have triggered otherwise.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer Resume Sample 14
- Achieved 95% first-time quality rating; effectively completed tasks according to government, corporate, and customer guidelines.
- Complied with corporate cost reduction plan; saved company $300 on annual electricity bill by suggesting new energy sources.
- Inspected premises during yearly fire prevention week; detected faulty wiring, thus avoiding potential fire hazards for tenants.
- Coordinated with other engineers on project designs for new facility construction; completed designs in the time frame of three months.
- Provided backup support for several projects including office build-outs and tenant improvement projects; maintained high level of customer satisfaction.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer Resume Sample 15
- Achieved award for outstanding quality for the electrical maintenance department after the completion of a total electrical system inspection of school buildings.
- Accomplished award of excellence by achieving highest quality rating on inspection report after completing repairs at the elementary, middle, and high schools.
- Developed and implemented a general maintenance program which included color-coded work orders for non-operational items such as lights, floor drains, and year-round custodial cleaning; improved overall efficiency; improved overall customer service; decreased overtime costs; and established excellent working relationships with the maintenance supervisor and other personnel.
- Performed regular electrical maintenance on the buildings in the community which is associated with financial aid.
- Achieved outstanding quality award by ensuring that electrical work was completed according to the current City codes.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer Resume Sample 16
- Performed one-on-one electrical testing of all HVAC equipment found on a building, heating and cooling capacity, and fire-damp control system.
- Assigned each facility a priority level based on the condition of the electric systems; identified deficiencies and priorities for repairs or replacements.
- Supervised instrumentation; ordered, installed, and maintained new wiring, receptacles, circuit breakers, and substations.
- Provided electrical tests of projects to ensure compliance with local codes; rewired defective ceilings in restroom stalls.
- Detailed new projects to budget and policies.
Educational requirements are a minimum of a high school diploma; but many electrical maintenance engineers have an associate’s or a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering. Skills needed are troubleshooting skills, leadership, communication skills, attention to detail, math and computer skills, physical stamina, problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and basic circuit knowledge.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.