Storage Engineers develop and manage databases for storage capacities in an organization. Their duties include maintaining the computer security system, collecting data to evaluate system performance, training users on the proper use of software, determining the organization’s computer system needs, updating security permission on the network, and installing all network hardware and software.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Storage Engineer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Storage Engineer resumes for your reference.
Storage Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Managed the daily maintenance, repair, and testing of all electrical, telephone, air conditioning/heating, water supply piping systems.
- Overhauled 200 year old steam pipe system used for heating college campus central energy plant.
- Evaluated installation designs for structural engineers to determine equipment required to support the weight loaded onto the storage tanks. Designed a new method by which chemicals are stored overnight.
- Provided technical guidance regarding proposed improvement projects involving laundry rooms and solar panel installations at local retirement community homes. Investigated several incidents of apparent vandalism at private residences within gated community.
- Rewired an existing system for gasoline powered pump controls them with newer electronic components; saving company thousands of dollars.
Storage Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Managed storage capacity in the data center with efficiency and minimal cost.
- Planned, scheduled, and executed upgrades of servers to provide for growth of business mail requirements.
- Provided 24/7 remote support via telephone with exceptional customer service skills that enabled 99% customer satisfaction rating.
- Improved performance of file servers by 8% when working alone vs when coupled with fellow engineer.
- Received honorable mention for comprehensive storage network design; customized virtual LANs and deduplication.
Storage Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Prepared project proposals for new contracts, including advertising, legal requirements, contracts terms, project milestones.
- Conducted contract negotiations to ensure deadlines are met and that suppliers understand the scope of work required.
- Developed a specific plan to meet quality standards for various storage systems in use at customer sites.
- Used estimates to calculate the time needed to complete projects; communicated with customers about methods for improving performance.
- Evaluated project results against original goals to determine how well objectives were achieved; prepared reports documenting findings along with recommendations for future improvements or adjustments.
Storage Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Converted storage capacity from 30% to 80% in less than six months; received CEO’s appreciation and promotion.
- Solved a serious problem with backup data tapes after analyzing the situation for over 15 hours without sleep until finding the answer.
- Resolved an obscure three-year-old problem that was preventing backups from occurring correctly, identified by VP of Engineering as one of his most difficult problems ever resolved.
- Identified and corrected two potential future problems with company’s product line before they became evident to customers or sales staff.
- Forged new links between engineering and architecture teams through innovative ideas on how to design server racks, maximizing their utility while minimizing costs.
Storage Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Established best practices in system administration, operations management, and engineering for over 6000 servers across multi-site production, development, and high availability environments.
- Improved efficiency in resource utilization by configuring infrastructure automation tools during performance benchmarking tests with server hosting providers.
- Resolved data center network problems using knowledge of Cisco networking equipment to apply security requirements when rerouting firewall rules.
- Identified storage capacity growths trends leading to the design of growth plans that reduced future expenses by 7%.
- Evaluated systems for hardware compatibility prior to installation of new hardware resulting in proper function testing before final deployments.
Storage Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Designed, implemented, and managed storage computer systems for an electronic health records company.
- Supervised the deployment of IT infrastructure in hospitals to support over 150 users.
- Pioneered the implementation of array-based cabling architecture by reducing cable cost by over 60% while increasing capacity to 15 TB.
- Collaborated with the operations team to manage up to 200 miles of fiber optic cables while improving staff engagement by 54%.
- Presented at national conferences regarding storage computer software development.
Storage Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Solved technical problems on-site for customers.
- Conducted research to determine the cause of storage tank shutdowns and formulated solutions.
- A rising employee with high potential; selected by management team for inclusion in leadership development program after 2 years of tenure.
- Received Outstanding Achievement Award for outstanding work with a major client, Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceuticals, whose systems are integral to the integrity of their products.
- Earned awards recognizing excellence in supply chain management, including an award from Staples Corporation’s vice president for Global Supply Chain Operations.
Storage Engineer Resume Sample 8
- Installed new server rack to increase network storage capacity.
- Supported local area network (LAN) installation for over twenty servers on Linux and Windows platforms using 24 Active/Passive switches, 2950XL Multilayer Switches, Catalyst 2960G-48TC switches, and a Cisco Router.
- Responded to help desk calls for foreign clients remotely via TeamViewer.
- Won customer satisfaction award for going above and beyond the call of duty in resolving issues with data backup system.
- Succeeded in anticipating future security threats by developing RAID 0 + 1 levels for managers’ home directories.
Storage Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Safely maintained 5,000 square-foot of data center without any environmental, power, or equipment malfunctions.
- Reduced energy waste by 30% with aggressive thermal reduction projects; recognized by CEO for outstanding performance.
- Promoted to the rank of Data Center Operations Manager overseeing 15 engineers and technicians.
- Successfully implemented best practices for enterprise storage industry; reduced downtime by 65% within first three months of service implementation.
- Managed $20 million budget; proposed new technologies that effectively increased web availability from 99.999% to 99.9995%.
Storage Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Installed, configured, and maintained SAN solutions in 10,000 sf of new data center space.
- Configured two-node clustering solution with Microsoft Dynamic Storage Technology to increase system performance by 300% in less than 24 hours after receiving notice from development team.
- Conducted research on the implementation of a Fibre-Channel network that increased storage volume throughput by 50% over existing gigabit Ethernet network between same storage servers within 6 months.
- Identified hardware compatibility issues for five heterogeneous operating systems running on the same server platform through virtualization software Solaris Zones. Resulted in 25% savings across all computing platforms with no downtime during maintenance period.
- Identified and implemented best practices for virtualization, storage capacity management, and resource optimization during four months of installing new servers.
Storage Engineer Resume Sample 11
- Oversaw 150 employees in daily line operations, secured storage yards and vital resources.
- Managed all import/export activities of the unit at the Port Elizabeth facility. Handled general inquiries from corporate customers regarding their freight forwarding needs.
- Organized all route optimization for deliveries, preventing congestion and excessive overtime charges within the distribution center network.
- Responded to customer requirements in a timely fashion while maintaining high levels of service. Responded to requests for information about warehouse conditions via email or telephone in a very efficient manner.
- Planned and scheduled weekly maintenance window in accordance with unit standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure equipment is fully operational during business hours; ensuring systems and equipment are running smoothly and efficiently.
To work as a Storage Engineer, you need a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or an equivalent field and five years of experience in a company’s storage setting. Storage Engineers must demonstrate excellent analytical skills, communication skills, interpersonal skills, computer skills, multitasking skills, problem-solving skills, and organizational skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.