Mystery shoppers act as regular customers to report on customer service on the shops to which they were assigned. Their main duties include purchasing random items to evaluate product quality, filling reports on their shopping experience, talking to the employees to gauge customer service, remaining undercover while you pose as a mystery shopper, making general observations of the shop and keeping receipts as proof of payment.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Mystery Shopper Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Mystery Shopper resumes for your reference.
Mystery Shopper Resume Sample 1
- Evaluated the services, goods, and amenities provided by various convenience stores.
- Gave critical feedback to clients on whether or not their marketing goals were met during the purchasing process based on a predetermined set of criteria.
- Created 10 mystery shopping opportunities per week for customers in need of marketing research information; earned 20% increase in sales revenue over 12 months.
- Assessed customer service at local restaurants; provided input for improving services and product flow.
- Effectively briefed companies both orally and in writing regarding improvements needed at locations throughout central Florida.
Mystery Shopper Resume Sample 2
- Evaluated customer service effectiveness for a large national retail company.
- Reported on competitor’s advertising claims in a given market.
- Tested the marketability of new products by observing consumers’ reactions to commercials, product demonstrations, and displays at major department stores.
- Provided feedback to management about the level of customer satisfaction with particular business transactions.
- Assessed advertising copy effectiveness through direct mail surveys before and after advertisements appeared in print media.
Mystery Shopper Resume Sample 3
- Mystery shopped an establishment to determine staff friendliness, security, and accuracy of menu descriptions.
- Conducted a mystery shop to investigate the quality and quantity of customer service received during multiple interactions with hotel staff members.
- Gathered data to enable management’s decision regarding termination after evaluating the effectiveness and adherence to standards by an employee.
- Assessed customer satisfaction in terms of product knowledge, purchasing behavior, and overall satisfaction by posing as a regular customer at a location frequented by college students.
- Investigated compliance with trademark guidelines by observing procedures used prior to releasing new products for sale at wholesale distributors.
Mystery Shopper Resume Sample 4
- Evaluated service quality at several fast food restaurants; received appreciation from restaurant managers and the local health department for identifying issues that were corrected to pass inspection.
- Monitored performance of customer-facing employees and managers working in combination with entry level workers, ensuring they effectively delivered on client/company promises and requests.
- Achieved superior scores across all client criteria after completing 150 mystery shop evaluations within budgeted time frame.
- Improved store operations by 50% through training of grocery store staff members regarding product placement, signage use, and advertisement effectiveness.
- Trained Fortune 100 company’s call center Team Leads on how help representative responses could more rapidly resolve clients’ concerns resulting in increased customer retention.
Mystery Shopper Resume Sample 5
- Contributed to new branch opening by helping set up and training ten new Mystery Shoppers.
- Developed and maintained a large customer base in order to increase company revenue by 500% within 6 months, resulting in recognition for outstanding performance.
- Identified key business issues through analysis of results from completed mystery shop assignments.
- Pioneered the implementation of technology at the organization which has allowed the firm to expand its client base by 75%.
- Managed program budget to enable an expansion in international operations resulting in sales exceeding $12 million annually.
Mystery Shopper Resume Sample 6
- Achieved an average of 100% across six reports for art museum advertising campaign.
- Successfully trained and certified four Mystery Shoppers in the marketing and promotion of a major financial institution.
- Exceeded sales goal by $500,000 within first 5 months as leader of team for new product offering; recognized with leadership award.
- Advised retailer’s parent company on marketing strategies to increase national awareness and regional market share resulting in more than $5 million revenue increase.
- Pioneered research-based programs for motor home industry that captured 2% market share within 18 months.
Mystery Shopper Resume Sample 7
- Assisted the marketing department in evaluating employee performance by completing mystery shopping surveys.
- Scrutinized point-of-sale advertising and promotional materials for accuracy and effectiveness according to company guidelines.
- Provided market research data for a local retail chain, including a complete customer satisfaction index that allowed them to improve services to their clientele.
- Promoted market awareness of significant trends in consumer spending habits through numerous articles about my experience as a mystery shopper at leading industry publications.
- Aided the marketing department in monitoring the quality of service provided by retail outlets in order to ensure continued success by performing undercover mystery shopping operations.
Mystery Shopper Resume Sample 8
- Conducted over 400 mystery shops at various locations, including hotels, car rental agencies, fast food restaurants, and fitness clubs.
- Key account representative; increased brand awareness by producing advertising spot for local television station.
- Awarded “Critical Thinker of the Year” for successfully creating advertisements that resulted in increased sales at client sites.
- Gained experience while promoting specific products regularly via social media platforms (Facebook & Twitter).
- Recognized as number one highest rated mystery shopper on the ‘Bazaarvoice’ network; won client confidence after providing high quality reviews that were always prompt, accurate, detailed, reliable and unbiased.
Mystery Shopper Resume Sample 9
- Completed more than 100 mystery shopping assignments on time and according to company standards.
- Achieved top scores for all customer surveys, realizing 98% satisfaction ratings for all clients.
- Reduced the number of complaints by 33% over a 3-month period through targeted efforts against unethical business practices.
- Proactively identified risk areas in advertisement campaigns during triple-digit percentage point reduction in agency losses due to poor forecast accuracy.
- Awarded bonuses amounting to 66% of yearly salary, recognizing superior performance contributing to gains across multiple geographical regions.
Mystery Shopper Resume Sample 10
- Evaluated customer service, products/services, store environment, and overall shopping experience to ensure compliance with company standards.
- Provided communication skills training for Mystery Shopping Assistants by teaching presentation techniques before conducting speaking engagements.
- Identified communication problems between stores and shoppers that were not made evident in written reports; rewrote processes to resolve issues.
- Created personalized marketing plan to increase engagement with existing customers and completed the assignment within budget & on time.
- Received multiple awards for exemplary achievements including President’s Award for exceptional salesmanship resulting in $100K+ sales volume growth.
Mystery Shopper Resume Sample 11
- Scored the highest number of products distributed by a Major Supermarket Chain in a single visit.
- Evaluated twelve Major Supermarket Chains and recognized as one of the nation’s top 20 mystery shoppers.
- Rated as #1 out of 5,000 mystery shopping customers monitored by an international market research firm for two consecutive months.
- Uncovering widespread mismanagement, abuse, and clerical errors at a national specialty retail company through undercover surveillance work using false identities.
- Identified seven key performance opportunities resulting from a merger between a leading machine tool manufacturer and an assembly equipment provider.
Mystery Shopper Resume Sample 12
- Achieved $350 in compensation for each study by working undercover in demanding, stressful, and sometimes unsafe conditions.
- Helped uncover more than 300 cases of fraudulent activity in a 5-year time period and saved clients approximately $400,000 annually in wasted expenses.
- Noted for outstanding performance with appreciation letters from client companies.
- Worked to achieve 100% client satisfaction through expertly handled mystery shopping duties that included formal evaluations, anonymous surveys, after action reports, debriefing interviews with staff members, etc.
- Earned the respect of other mystery shoppers who looked up to me as an example of how to do things right.
To work as a mystery, you do not require any formal education. Mystery shoppers must demonstrate an eye for detail, good communication skills, listening skills, flexibility, memorization abilities, confidentiality and honesty.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.