Glaziers install glass windows in storefronts, display cases, skylights and other surfaces. Critical duties include installing pre-assembled frames, reading blueprints, driving trucks to transport equipment, removing old or broken glass to replace with new glass, using a glazing compound to fill in loose areas when installing the glass and securing the glass panels with putty, screws or other means.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Glazier Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Glazier resumes for your reference.
Glazier Resume Sample 1
- Designed, created and installed unique form of stained glass work.
- Successfully completed 150 assignments within scheduled period for firm; recognized by the President of the firm.
- Promoted to lead man due to knowledge of design specifications and ability to train other glaziers in new techniques.
- Suggested technique for assembling aluminum window frames which proved less costly than conventional methods.
- Accurately estimated time requirements on jobs, supervised preparation for fabrication shop while utilizing workshop equipment safely and efficiently.
Glazier Resume Sample 2
- Recognized by the Area Manager for excellence in work performance, setting standards for quality craftsmanship.
- Completed all assigned tasks on time to meet deadlines; improved workplace efficiency, resulting in higher productivity.
- Pioneered new layout for automated glass-cutting machine that improved overall production output while cutting material usage in half, saving company $3000/month.
- Reorganized loading procedures, increasing the flow of incoming materials through receiving dock to meet increased demand while reducing product damage due to mishandling.
- Trained six employees on emergency response protocols and safety precautions while adhering to OSHA regulations.
Glazier Resume Sample 3
- Transported and installed over 80 pieces of plate glass with a five-man crew.
- Gave superior craftsmanship by constructing and installing two custom made floor-to-ceiling glass shower doors for a customer.
- Completed the glazing of one duplex unit in less than 9 hours; recognized by superintendent as an outstanding team.
- Mastered new techniques on auto glass installation while employed at ‘XYZ Company’.
- Saved company $1150 after recommending use of flat rubber gasket instead of metal channel to install windshields; commended by manager.
Glazier Resume Sample 4
- Provided exceptional customer service to all of my customers by ensuring that their orders were handled promptly, professionally and accurately.
- Oversaw the removal of old windows and installation of new ones for 11 homes; received praise from project manager on quality of work.
- Met deadlines with the help of three additional workers; recognized by company president during monthly meeting.
- Promoted to assistant foreman after one year on job due to excellent performance; assisted in management of 9 men crew, $8 million budget, $5 million inventory.
- Hired as lead glazier at prestigious firm for artistic window designs with an emphasis on detail and precision workmanship.
Glazier Resume Sample 5
- Assemble, erect and install sheet glass into metal frames.
- Repair cracked or broken window panes or sashes, using putty, glazing compound, and glazier points.
- Remove windows and close up old openings to make installations weatherproof and secure them in place with nails and screws.
- Remove old metal channels from windows; fill joints with oil-based calking compound; re-caulk doors and windows.
- Assist journeyman glaziers by cutting glass to specified measurements according to blueprints or sketches of finished structures such as houses, offices, studios.
Glazier Resume Sample 6
- Positioned glass in metal frames, using pliers and application tools.
- Installed custom-made window sashes for high-rise applications.
- Climbed an extension ladder to install large panes of glass at major locations on the building; soldered sill components together with a gas torch.
- Cut and fit plates of glass into wood or masonry openings, then rubbed joint compound over putty laid in the frame; used handtools such as pry bars and spuds to remove old weatherstripping.
- Generated sales leads through personal contacts with architects and builders; referred new customers to subcontractors when additional labor was required on a project.
Glazier Resume Sample 7
- Designed a new product to use in place of standard glass in various applications which was sold nationally.
- Successfully designed and implemented a new method of installation that increased productivity by 30%; recognized for outstanding performance by company President.
- Regularly performed work prior to receiving proper training, to save time and make up lost profits during orders with delays; no accidents or injuries occurred due to the unsafe practice.
- Repaired high-rise building windows within 48 hours after victims stumbled onto broken glass during the 9/11 attack events.
- Installed window security film one week before Hurricane Katrina made landfall in order to protect homes from hurricane damage.
Glazier Resume Sample 8
- Repaired and restored to their original condition the stained glass windows of a historic cathedral.
- Provided professional installation services for various types of tempered safety glass in homes, offices, and commercial buildings.
- Promoted from crew chief to glazier after having demonstrated excellence in leadership, communication skills, teamwork, and sales. Awarded salesperson of the year following outstanding results achieved in bringing in new clients and increasing productivity by 10% within my territory.
- Trained new hires on how best to perform tasks according to health and security regulations. Demonstrated excellence in customer service and gained additional certifications such as G-28 (Occupational Safety & Health Administration–OSHA).
- Developed a patented design for a safer entry door, which will significantly reduce the number of injuries resulting from falls.
Glazier Resume Sample 9
- Removed broken glass from a storefront and installed Plexiglass to replace the glass.
- Designed a sheet metal flash for a window that had been bowing out by using standard copper sheet metal.
- Installed all-new aluminum alloy screens in lobby windows, two bathrooms, and two single pane basement windows of an office building.
- Replaced all missing or damaged glazing beads on 900 square feet of exterior glass paneling.
- Excellent workmanship earned respect from foreman, who requested my assistance with difficult projects.
Glazier Resume Sample 10
- Assigned to renovation projects at museums, galleries, and historical buildings. Provided window restoration services including installation of new panes, sashes, glass shelves; glazing work for old-style windows; frame repair; lead-lined panes; stained glass panels.
- Sidelight replacement included extensive masonry work – removal of existing sidelights and installation of premanufactured units using correct replica materials.
- Successfully restored Gothic style windows to their original beauty by removing wooden sashes and making lead came repairs. Also installed new beveled glass panel inserts.
- Recognized as an expert in the field with over 25 years experience in European architectural styles & techniques. Desirable knowledge of window replacement methods, materials and techniques.
- Solved problems associated with deteriorated glazing units by designing efficient systems for removing lead-based paint and glazing units at National Trust house.
Glazier Resume Sample 11
- Fabricated and installed 15 glass roofs for a new apartment complex in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
- Aiding my team, I cut and shaped glass to complete the project ahead of schedule by working over 30 hours of overtime.
- Improved production efficiency by eliminating waste from 5 subcontractors; resulting in savings exceeding $20,000.
- Reduced labor costs through improved safety protocols leading to a payback that more than covered cost of investment within first year.
- Completed multiple projects on time with zero accidents reported during my tenure as a glazier.
A high school diploma or equivalent is the typical entry level education requirement. Knowledge of OSHA requirements, knowledge of construction methods, knowledge of tools, knowledge of mathematics, interpersonal communication skills, critical thinking and instructional ability are important skills to have.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.