Advertising sales representatives sell spaces through which businesses can advertise their goods and services. Representatives would offer services to clients, manage existing accounts on the various media used for advertising, evaluate the progress in achieving company goals and adjust strategies accordingly and collaborate with other members of staff to achieve the goals.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Advertising Sales Representative Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Advertising Sales Representative resumes for your reference.
Advertising Sales Representative Resume Sample 1
- Increased advertising sales from $1.62 to $2.05 million in nine months.
- Created a staff of four; drove sales through superior communication, negotiation, and interpersonal relationships with customers.
- Negotiated with union representatives and was recognized by the company for use of creative solutions instead of threats during negotiations.
- Dealt with difficult customer issues that required creative solutions and demonstrated superior communication skills to resolve problems in the most efficient way possible.
- Negotiated contract using creative solutions and negotiated a step increase salary while dealing with difficult customer issues that required creativity in negotiating solutions to problems in the most efficient manner possible (cost reductions).
Advertising Sales Representative Resume Sample 2
- Effectively and enthusiastically represented the company’s advertising materials.
- Created positive, energized atmosphere by addressing challenging personalities with positive motivation, encouragement, and advice.
- Achieved outstanding sales ratios in 1999 and 2000 for new business sales of advertising material and display fixtures in a 16-month period.
- Earned three consecutive “Outstanding” ratings of performance as a retail sales representative.
- Handled several major accounts while maintaining a steady pace of good performance.
Advertising Sales Representative Resume Sample 3
- Proved instrumental in company’s largest sales increase in five years.
- Bested competition to win major accounts, including the top international foods corporation.
- Generated $150,000 in revenue during initial six-month period; exceptional performance recognized by both senior management and peers.
- Ranked #1 of 20 sales representatives for most effective use of online marketing techniques.
- Stayed current with new products, including herbal extracts and superfoods, to provide exemplary health product service.
Advertising Sales Representative Resume Sample 4
- Achieved first place in my region for most revenue; recognized by the District Sales Manager as a star team player and above the peer average.
- Received military achievement award for exceeding sales quota.
- Ranked within the upper 10% of direct sales associates; recognized by company President as top performer.
- Won regional award for outstanding performance in customer service; awarded company car, expense account, and merit bonus.
- Earned recognition for outstanding selling skills among district managers across nation; ranked near top of all sales associates in my region for customer satisfaction, revenue, and profit generation.
Advertising Sales Representative Resume Sample 5
- Increased sales by over 500% for a product line that largely included office products and appliances.
- Gained advertising strategies from product data to develop creative media strategies for national advertising campaigns for the product line.
- Trained and motivated sales staff in areas of customer service, knowledge of product lines, and sales skills.
- Increased company profits through increased levels of customer retention from increased sales.
- Recognized as top performer within company in a sale area with significantly higher than average annual revenues; successfully retired at 30 years old after meeting financial goals to become a stay-at-home father.
Advertising Sales Representative Resume Sample 6
- Increased sales revenue of a national magazine by over $10,000 through personal contacts and networking techniques.
- Candidly informed readers regarding alternative viewpoints during a public feud among two television stars; subsequently earned the trust of a defending celebrity.
- Increased sales of an underachieving division due to personally generating over $1 million in new global advertising sales.
- Instilled confidence in clients by gaining respect and building strong relationships with business owners of major magazines; consequently secured subscription renewals exceeding projections.
- Saved time, money, and effort for clients by expediting custom publishing projects; highlighted this service with case studies used as selling tools for four years.
Advertising Sales Representative Resume Sample 7
- Increased magazine subscriptions by applying an effective sales strategy, and by creating an environment conducive to successful advertising campaigns.
- Achieved award for Top Sales Representative; carried out a detailed analysis of possible changes for improving operations.
- Collaborated with management to reach a new level of customer satisfaction, and contributed to company growth and development.
- Staged a highly successful campaign for increasing housing listings by over forty percent within a year by utilizing an effective multilevel marketing strategy.
- Helped achieve an extra $500,000 in retail sales during the Christmas season; applied final touches to the holiday giveaway contest.
Advertising Sales Representative Resume Sample 8
- Controlled large territories of small business sales throughout Los Angeles County; sold more than $41 million in commercial displays during eight years.
- Trained in the use of computers and CRM programs before the training was mandatory. Effectively navigated the transition while adapting to new technologies.
- Managed a sales team through the transition from manual systems to online databases; strengthened relationships with clients by maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Created long-lasting, profitable client relationships by providing value-added presentations and a high degree of customer service via aggressive marketing tactics, such as direct mailing and telemarketing to ensure prompt payment from accounts receivable.
- Earned recognition from the President of Commercial Displays, Inc. for effective customer service by promising and delivering timely and accurate deliveries with a high level of client service.
Advertising Sales Representative Resume Sample 9
- Generated over $300,000 in net sales from various clients using an array of effective sales and marketing strategies.
- Realized annual income increases and promotions from $12,000 to $31,500 as an Advertising Sales Representative.
- Friendly, polite, enthusiastic personality professionally promoted the image of company to increase sales.
- Achieved 85% new client base increase through networking with banking institutions; valued by the Executive Vice President for successful results.
- Recognized for excellent communication skill; helped identify target audience through focus groups in order to cross sell additional products and services to customers.
Advertising Sales Representative Resume Sample 10
- Prospected and developed new business.
- Increased company revenue by $250,000 annually using referrals from satisfied customers.
- Met or exceeded quota for the month.
- Closed sales of more than $800,000 for the year.
- Recognized by peers as a top sales performer in my region; exceeded performance goals for the year to make a substantial contribution to the bottom line of my employer.
Advertising Sales Representative Resume Sample 11
- Received outstanding achievement award; met or exceeded sales quotas by 7% while at office locations.
- Increased company sales revenues by 20% over three years; recognized by the President of the company.
- Progressed during first year of employment; hired as a full-time, salaried employee after six months of employment.
- Earned appreciation as a valued employee; rewarded with personal, stock options after five years of service.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance in sales and customer satisfaction; recognized by President of company and client manager for promoting marketing initiatives and increasing product awareness on a sustainable basis.
Advertising Sales Representative Resume Sample 12
- Accomplished goal of achieving the number one sales position among my three-person department.
- Developed an advertising and marketing plan. Responsible for finding new advertising sources, acquiring new accounts, and closing old ones.
- Accomplished goal of doubling business while retaining current customers.
- Initiated cooperative relationships with two other advertising representatives in the company’s Midwest territory.
- Upgraded one colleague’s sales by 50% within a year using managerial initiative and secret power techniques.
To work as an advertising sales representative, you require a high school diploma and associate degree of applied science in sales and marketing or undergraduate degree in a sales-related degree. Important skills required include excellent communication skills, time management, ability to manage multiple projects, customer service skills, and be a driven, professional, goal-oriented individual.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.