Technical support supervisors are in charge of a team that provides technical related support in an organization. Their main duties include assigning various tasks, ensuring customer’s needs are met, training and mentoring technical support staff, advising customers on new products, working with the sales team during promotional activities and providing feedback to the technical support manager.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Technical Support Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Technical Support Supervisor resumes for your reference.
Technical Support Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Provided leadership and guidance to over 30 individual contributors during a two-year period where the department expanded from 3 people to 50.
- Launched a new managed service program for one of the company’s largest enterprise customers.
- Authored MS PowerPoint presentations for customer briefings, regional sales meetings, quarterly results announcements, and annual budget review meetings.
- Spearheaded a company-wide project that reduced operational expenses by almost $500K per year due to process streamlining and automation.
- Optimized support procedures for improved customer satisfaction ratings – drastically reducing call volume – creating savings of more than $250K annually. Awarded Under Armour Performance Boxerjock shorts with words “Unstoppable” after achieving goal.
Technical Support Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Led a team of customer service representatives.
- Oversaw the installation and management of telecommunication services for over 100,000 subscribers in the northeastern region of United States.
- Directed and supervised technical support activities for network components and associated equipment; increased monitoring and problem resolution capabilities by 300%.
- Enhanced company’s image by communicating directly with customers on a one-to-one basis to resolve product concerns, gather market intelligence, maintain competitive edge, and retain residual income.
- Introduced procedures that decreased escalation time from 40 hours to 3 hours as well as reduced all calls due to minor software issues without escalation.
Technical Support Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Formed, managed and coordinated with high performance teams to resolve issues across multiple technologies including voice, wireless data services, T&B, customer premises equipment (CPE), telecommunications, broadcast video systems.
- Supervised installation of technical support centers for urgent care centers; identified needs and gathered information for input into job task analysis program.
- Developed innovative strategies that increased first-time fix rates by 20%; decreased incident driven callbacks by 15%.
- Improved on-line systems training process by developing online training using HTML code which had more interactivity than previous system. Developed lesson plans for new hires’ on-call rotations .
- Reduced first time callback rate by 15% through proactive support of technical problems; identified patterns that predict quick resolution, thus reducing the number of calls.
Technical Support Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Formed a call center of 25 staff in under six months to enhance customer service.
- Collaborated with department heads to successfully re-organize the technical support processes, resulting in improved turnaround time for customer requests.
- Evaluated and recommended multi-million dollar technology investments that increased productivity.
- Provided leadership that motivated team members to continuously improve relationships with customers by resolving complaints quickly without escalating problems outside the department.
- Identified cost saving measures through collaboration with other departments resulting in reduced operating expenses of over $500,000 annually while meeting or exceeding performance standards for all core metrics each month.
Technical Support Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Assigned duties to senior level support technicians, evaluated performance, trained new hires and monitored monthly reports.
- Provided technical support via telephone and email; resolved customer issues within timelines and guidelines.
- Presented knowledge of Adobe Photoshop CS4 during the development of marketing materials for a software upgrade.
- Streamlined processes and adjusted system settings in order to reduce training time for new employees.
- Installed printers across the organization; recognized by management as instrumental in upgrading obsolete equipment before company-wide cutover.
Technical Support Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Provided ongoing support for all regional departments related to ongoing software testing, hardware replacements, and troubleshooting.
- Onboarded new employees using technical support protocols to ensure smooth start-up procedures.
- Contributed to the development of a better understanding between upper management and internal clients by working with both groups to improve customer service standards.
- Developed team spirit within department through encouragement of employee participation in office sports league over three months; won trophy at company picnic competition.
- Earn appreciation as top candidate after developing experience assessing customer needs and providing solutions that meet those requirements; recognized by reference tester during interview process.
Technical Support Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Provided advice and on-call technical support for employees of a major international corporation, including telephone and onsite assistance with software installation and computer problems.
- Designed new policies and procedures to streamline process of hiring, training, assigning work tasks, monitoring employees’ performance, managing customer requests, solving problems within the department.
- Identified potential issues in software systems being developed by estimating time needed to develop specialized engineering tools based on engineering requirements.
- Mentored new hires during their first months of employment; assigned reading materials for development as a team player that ultimately enabled them to excel in positions.
- Brought project deadlines two weeks earlier than expected after implementing a QA program that included an automated testing suite and code coverage tool.
Technical Support Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Improved and streamlined technical support team to meet operational goals by utilizing the Six Sigma method.
- Increased productivity of technicians over 25% while decreasing customer wait time by 40%.
- Expertly trained five new full-time technicians in product knowledge and process management, resulting in a productivity increase by 20%.
- Managed day-to-day activities for third shift; increased focus on company’s deliverables and responsibilities.
- Launched “EZ Signup,” an automated customer signup system, which increased online registrations by 60% without adding more staff.
Technical Support Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Consolidated and analyzed current practices to develop a training program for new hires.
- Developed and implemented performance evaluation system emphasizing coaching, performance improvement, and goal-setting techniques; resulted in improved production.
- Provided onsite technical support; coordinated resolution of all problems with first level and upper management across multiple departments.
- Mentored research analysts on IT issues affecting business areas like finance, HR, inventory control, customer service, etc.
- Developed best practices for handling complex requests that involved multiple teams operating outside normal procedures; provided insight into problem identification as well as solutions.
Technical Support Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Provided customers with positive results and solutions; resolved all issues by end of business day.
- Achieved company-wide team success by leading three techs to meet 95% customer satisfaction rating, as well as 97% first call resolution rate.
- Increased overall productivity 25%, lead efforts to reduce departmental expenses 5%.
- Identified the root cause of production issue and developed a solution that reduced downtime from 12 hours to less than 2 hours.
- Rolled out new technical support system globally; trained 150 techs in 1 week (1500 techs within 3 months) and ensured global compliance with ITIL best practices.
To work as a technical support supervisor, you require a bachelor’s degree in computer science or its equivalent. Technical support supervisors must demonstrate technical skills, customer relations skills, communication skills, analytical skills, attention to detail, interpersonal skills and managerial skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.