Clinical Study Managers are responsible for overseeing clinical research studies. Their duties include planning clinical trials, monitoring all study activities, analyzing the results, ensuring the safety of participants, managing the study budget, and preparing study reports.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Clinical Study Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Clinical Study Manager resumes for your reference.
Clinical Study Manager Resume Sample 1
- Coordinated, followed-up, and monitored clinical trials projects within the hospital to ensure that all objectives were met according to the protocol; enforced rules and regulations concerning study participation.
- Wrote and researched study proposals, protocols, reports, and summaries in order to obtain an IRB approval; served as primary contact for the company with outside agencies such as the FDA, CVM, etc.
- Monitored consumption of medications of both animals and people; ensured that data was accurately recorded in patients’ charts for future reference.
- Assigned study participants to various hospitals within the system based on their health needs and if they met selection criteria.
- Reviewed and coordinated hospital’s pharmacy system in order to maintain accurate records.
Clinical Study Manager Resume Sample 2
- Managed a research study for the US Depar tment of Transportation as a contract with a pharmaceutical company.
- Led team in planning, performing and evaluating the research; participated in clinical trial development.
- Acquired new business by taking a lead role in planning, staffing and terminating other clinical studies; managed studies to stay under budget while maintaining high standards of quality.
- Achieved award for business development; successfully negotiated an annual contract with the pharmaceutical company for service provision.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively supervised staff and developed clinical study management manuals to help other departments improve performance.
Clinical Study Manager Resume Sample 3
- Used a variety of methods to track study progress, including; phone call notes, faxes, and weekly reports.
- Utilized strict procedures to ensure that all required documents had been completed and in order.
- Coordinated quality control reviews with the Medical Director.
- Maintained confidentiality and quality for study participants. “Quality control” was accomplished through facilitating the return of study documents and through reviewing the status of each patient on a daily basis in an effort to ensure that all patients were aware of their rights as study participants.
- Managed the study progress of a $300,000 grant through its completion.
Clinical Study Manager Resume Sample 4
- Designed and ran questionnaire for clinical studies for the development of new products. Conducted project meetings, analysis, and managed study assignments.
- Managed complex projects with minimal supervision. Researched and created information reports to support the developers. Worked well under pressure following directions efficiently and effectively.
- Followed through on requests in a timely manner while demonstrating initiative; used initiative to drive project goals forward in a timely manner while maintaining high quality work product at all times.
- Maintained accurate records as tasks were completed, submitted appropriate documentation on a timely basis, tested samples/data, and performed appropriate follow-up with program participants.
- Respected author’s deadlines, work product, and recommendations; possessed the ability to articulate complex concepts for complex subjects in a clear and concise manner.
Clinical Study Manager Resume Sample 5
- Project lead for Phase I-IV clinical trials; established effective protocols to ensure compliance and adherence to IRB, DSMB, FDA, and GCP guidelines.
- Effectively improved workflow procedures; created two new processes to improve data collection and reporting accuracy.
- Managed studies from pre-study through the end of trial using the SAS Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS) including managing study start-up procedures; developing study protocols for 5 clinical trials.
- Coordinated study activities with investigators during site visits when protocol issues were discussed.
- Conducted meetings with study coordinators and certified that they are following protocol requirements.
Clinical Study Manager Resume Sample 6
- Conducted data collection for questionnaire concerning prescription drug usage.
- Developed and maintained training policies for employees.
- Prepared, reviewed, and advised on various types of contracts with vendors.
- Verified that appropriate regulations were complied with by third party contractors performing construction activities at the Federal Correctional Institution.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to prescription drug usage.
Clinical Study Manager Resume Sample 7
- Managed the CSPPI clinic; streamlining and providing effective communication between physicians and patients, including referring patients to doctors for outside healthcare needs.
- Promoted by company for cost control, efficiency in tracking patient information and records.
- Received numerous commendations for maintaining excellent customer service; identified improvement opportunities and implemented changes to increase patient throughput.
- Received award of Meritorious Service for contribution to new marketing program resulting in a 30% increase in overall production; developed additional revenue streams through staff training in marketing, client retention strategies.
- Received excellent quality award; made contributions to many dietary and clinical areas.
Clinical Study Manager Resume Sample 8
- Supported data analysis to identify potential adverse patient effects of pharmaceutical products; managed subject’s clinical trial and data management.
- Trained subjects to administer and evaluate the completed surveys; compiled survey data, developed conclusions, and presented findings to clinical research staff.
- Served as project manager and received a quality award for supporting inter-center, inter-departmental data analysis.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively trained subjects to complete all clinical trials aspects assigned.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively managed subject’s clinical trial and data management.
Clinical Study Manager Resume Sample 9
- Managed a clinical study and successfully monitored the progress of each participant in the trial, including patient follow-up, medication adherence, and other necessary reports.
- Managed a cross-functional team of clinical research technicians to ensure the precision, timeliness, accuracy and quality of clinical data provided to clients.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively applied CPR training and technical experience.
- Identified several opportunities for significant growth while maintaining profitability with regard to new products lines and technical research.
- Clients in the field have recognized innovative products, timely delivery of information, and consistent communication/co operation with peers as attributes of my character.
Clinical Study Manager Resume Sample 10
- Developed and implemented a plan for recruiting, retaining, and monitoring study participants.
- Implemented a plan for ensuring human subject protections procedures were followed through with study oversight.
- Recognized as an outstanding clinical trial manager; received award for reducing study attrition by 10%.
- Managed the design of customer focused point-of-care drug counseling modules, which resulted in a lawsuit brought against the company by an independent third party over patent infringement.
- Developed protocols and trained employees in standardized operation of clinical research laboratory equipment.
Clinical Study Manager Resume Sample 11
- Effectively supervised the scheduling and dispatching of clinical research staff to study sites.
- Provided efficient and reliable customer service by responding promptly to questions and requests from study coordinators, study sites, vendors, and sponsors.
- Utilized Microsoft Excel and Access to create, edit, maintain, and document a database for managing all clinical studies in the department.
- Worked directly with FDA investigators on complex issues relating to protocol interpretation.
- Completed assigned tasks in under 30 minutes each; recognized by the Vice President for outstanding productivity.
Clinical Study Manager Resume Sample 12
- Managed the scheduling, review and supervision of clinical trials at a pharmaceutical company.
- Functioned as the investigator for new drug development with potential weight gain in children by searching for studies and negotiating with companies to participate.
- Actively sought out new ideas and new technology to improve on existing research projects.
- Developed relationships within the company to receive feedback from employees about procedures that could be improved; provided feedback to managers regarding results following review of charts/documents/reports.
- Performed statistical analyses based on data collected and provided professional recommendations.
Clinical Study Manager Resume Sample 13
- Conducted analysis of clinical trial applications and associated documents for medical center; provided guidance to patient’s physicians on appropriate studies for patient’s treatment.
- Maintained and updated several databases to ensure accurate reporting of critical information.
- Developed program to monitor quality, efficiency, productivity, timeliness, and accuracy of data entry; examined each application for completeness.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to hospital clinical trials applications (regarding institutional review board approval).
To work as a Clinical Study Manager, you must have a bachelor’s degree in science, and a master’s degree in clinical research is highly desirable. Clinical Study Managers must have strong project management skills, organizational skills, must be good team leaders, must be able to communicate effectively with stakeholders, know the U.S. FDA requirements, and pay attention to detail.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.