Treasury Accountants oversee the cash flow of a company or institution. Their duties include maintaining accurate financial records, operating store bank accounts, completing bank transfers, providing regular accounting reports, offering financial advice to the company, managing financial journals such as a ledger, and settling customer issues with credit or debit card.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Treasury Accountant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Treasury Accountant resumes for your reference.
Treasury Accountant Resume Sample 1
- Documented daily cash position and major transactions in a spreadsheet for use by management.
- Accurately determined bank balances on a weekly basis, comparing with agreed upon balance sheet accounts to ensure reconciliation.
- Prepared journal entries and reconciliations for the bank statement account of local department store.
- Planned monthly cash flow projections based on budgetary information from various departments within the company.
- Evaluated prices of new treasury investments after conducting research on current rates, yields, and trends in the market.
Treasury Accountant Resume Sample 2
- Assisted in the design and completion of treasury projects, including bond purchase programs to meet changing market conditions.
- Added value to the audit process by being proactive, identifying issues before they became problems.
- Oversaw hundreds of millions of dollars in investments for European operations resulting in increased revenues.
- Prepared monthly reports for region that allowed management to develop strategies to increase interest income.
- Managed assets valued at over $350 million while being fully compliant with all Treasury & Securities functions.
Treasury Accountant Resume Sample 3
- Managed daily cash account reconciliations for PNC Securities, maintaining accurate records.
- Redirected funds through the Federal Reserve System to other institutions in order to fully finance transactions between banks.
- Prepared reports on currency flows and interest rates while monitoring economic conditions.
- Authored a paper describing the roles of financial institutions, government bodies, and global organizations in setting international standards for electronic transfers within the securities industry.
- Assessed new role as treasury accounts officer after three years of experience which increased customer satisfaction by 60% .
Treasury Accountant Resume Sample 4
- Spearheaded and contributed to the Treasury Operation team, which provided leadership and support for cash managers and financial institutions.
- Conducted analysis of the bank’s hedge position on a daily basis; coordinated daily activities with traders, sales force, and other business areas as necessary.
- Contributed to the development of new strategies for optimizing current treasury products as well as future product offerings that will allow clientele access to alternative funding sources.
- Initiated development phase of a project that established procedures for allocating liquidity needs across multiple depositary institution accounts.
- Effectively resolved discrepancies before they become issues by collaborating with management personnel in developing a monthly balance reconciliation schedule review.
Treasury Accountant Resume Sample 5
- Credited with the successful resolution of a major cash reconciliation problem.
- Achieved significant productivity gains by streamlining departmental processes and reducing backlogs; recognized as “Employee of the Month.”
- Utilized industry knowledge to assist Senior Vice President in promoting product line; received company-wide appreciation award.
- Shaped new client service model for U.S. division by developing innovative solution to resolve time-consuming foreign currency reporting requirement.
- Identified key issues facing new business and developed recommendations on how to deal with them; restructured communication process between accounting and treasury groups.
Treasury Accountant Resume Sample 6
- Managed a portfolio of $40 million in Canadian Government Treasury Bills on behalf of the European division, generating profits of over $3.5 million on a return on investment of 7.25%.
- Reduced external audit costs by designing and producing quarterly management reports that provide efficient tools for internal audits.
- Designed and implemented new data entry standard operating procedures with 80% reduction in average daily error rates after one month usage.
- Exceeded quota expectations by 11% while increasing inventory turnover rate from 5 to 14 months, leading to impressive gains in corporate profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Received annual bonus award based on outstanding performance and contributions toward profitable growth; recognized as team leader for developing and implementing numerous cost-saving initiatives.
Treasury Accountant Resume Sample 7
- Assisted in daily cash reconciliations of bank account balances.
- Identified discrepancies between accounts for the Federal Reserve, corporate clients, and branch locations.
- Successfully resolved underreported taxes for a major corporation’s treasury division, allowing the company to pay over $800,000 less than what was owed resulting in an IRS penalty waiver.
- Reviewed individual ledgers totaling over $5 million to determine appropriate corrective actions for tax purposes.
- Monitored several client’s portfolios by analyzing market trends and recommending securities transactions within guidelines of company policy to supplement excessive losses due to poor economic conditions. Eliminated client risk exposure with impact on previous earnings.
Treasury Accountant Resume Sample 8
- Prepared and submitted financial reports to the Government Accountability Office (GAO), Department of Human Resources, and Internal Revenue Service.
- Identified several discrepancies in client files; brought to attention by client managers who were extremely pleased with the thorough quality of my work.
- Helped lead a team effort on a special project that enabled the firm’s first-ever reward for outstanding performance.
- Supervised over 50 accountants as a new assistant manager on a working team that resolved all issues on time, within budget, and up to regulatory standards.
- Influenced timely completion of projects through direct contracts with clients at work as well as coordination with their outside consultants.
Treasury Accountant Resume Sample 9
- Orchestrate Bank of America’s global efforts in order to communicate, monitor, and provide support on complex foreign currency transactions.
- Contribute directly to the successful implementation of many treasury activities for BB&T Corporation while pioneering the use of technology to improve team productivity.
- Handle increasing volume by 25% annually compared to my peer group with minimal supervision while developing new procedures that improved operational efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Developed a treasury analysis tool that reduced monthly manual reconciliations from 30 hours down to 10 hours; recognized by management (and others) as such.
- Manage all accounting functions required for six branch banking offices; increased totals significantly over previous year’s results.
Treasury Accountant Resume Sample 10
- Provided critical support to business unit with extensive GL account reconciliations; established procedures for accurate work.
- Designed and created detailed models, management reports, and summaries for VP of Finance using organic growth/decline model – increasing manager’s effectiveness.
- Adhered to the company’s compliance standards during an SEC review; received appreciation from accounting department leadership.
- Reconciled daily bank account transactions in record time utilizing leading edge information technology systems – reducing the number of hours spent per month by 3 hours.
- Effectively resolved bank charges despite lack of cooperation from outside vendors; gained consensus within team on how to respond to future disputes.
Treasury Accountant Resume Sample 11
- Collaborated with Tax and Audit to assist in preparing the year-end accruals report within $500,000.
- Partnered with management and assisted in reducing receivables by $100K through alternative payment tactics.
- Maintained accuracy of accounts payable records by resolving discrepancies to the satisfaction of the auditors.
- Assisted senior staff to resolve $37M debt payment issues; provided guidance for weekly cash forecasts and collection activity reports.
- Monitored daily check reconciliations and held accountable for maintaining accurate records; key contributor in reducing annual bank fees by 30%.
To work as a Treasury Accountant, you need at least a high school diploma or a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business. You must show integrity, timeliness, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, good communication, analytical and mathematical skills, familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, and the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.