Bankruptcy Attorneys help clients through court proceedings to avoid debt and bankruptcy. Their functions include trustee disbursement posting, reporting to branch manager, ensuring daily follow up, representing individual or corporate creditors, giving counseling and communicating with bankruptcy court.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Bankruptcy Attorney Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Bankruptcy Attorney resumes for your reference.
Bankruptcy Attorney Resume Sample 1
- Successfully represented clients in Chapter 7, 11, and 13 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Achieved favorable outcomes for clients through aggressive legal strategies and diligent case preparation.
- Proven experience in dealing with creditor negotiations, asset liquidations, and complicated bankruptcy proceedings.
- Excelled in client communication, providing regular updates and answering any questions they may have had throughout the process.
- Recognized as a top performer in the firm, consistently achieving high client satisfaction ratings.
Bankruptcy Attorney Resume Sample 2
- Effectively represented clients in all phases of chapter 7 and 13 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Won large-scale commercial bankruptcy; significance recognized by the Federal Title Insurer at a national conference in San Francisco.
- Reconciled parties involved in complex chapter 11 proceedings after being challenged to do so by the presiding judge in light of three months remaining before hearings were scheduled to be held.
- Represented various creditors during chapter 7 cases, including establishing grounds for recovery against debtors not previously recovered under Chapter 7 Bankruptcy law.
- Negotiated with credit unions successfully reducing debtor’s liability on loans from $300,000 to $27,500. Reduced potential losses by approximately $250,000.00.
Bankruptcy Attorney Resume Sample 3
- Administered bankruptcy proceedings in accordance with Chapter 7, 11, 12, and 13 laws.
- Drafted motions for relief from stay that successfully allowed the sale of real estate property to proceed.
- Spoke before local Judges on changes needed for specific cases; offered insight into expected outcome following hearings.
- Acted as liaison between the trustee, debtor, court officials, creditors, and other legal consultants during the examination process.
- Represented clientele in negotiations with creditors and trustees after bankruptcy proceedings.
Bankruptcy Attorney Resume Sample 4
- Successfully represented clients in over 1,000 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Extensive experience with all chapters of the Bankruptcy Code, including Chapter 7, 11, and 13.
- Proven ability to provide legal guidance and support to clients through all stages of the bankruptcy process.
- Recognized as a leader in the field of bankruptcy law; frequently quoted in national media outlets on bankruptcy-related topics.
- Received numerous awards and accolades from clients and peers for excellence in legal representation.
Bankruptcy Attorney Resume Sample 5
- Supervised a team of 15 paralegals and law clerks in the efficient processing of Chapter 11 bankruptcy filings.
- Managed a case load of over 1,500 debtors with an average case value of $5 million.
- Collaborated with creditors to negotiate terms for repayment plans that were mutually beneficial to both parties.
- Reduced legal costs by 33% by streamlining payment procedures and recovery efforts from debtor’s property assets.
- Devised strategies to overcome Congressional limitations on debt relief for tax payers who have more than $2 million in assets during a single year or married couples filing jointly having more than $4 million in assets during a single year.
Bankruptcy Attorney Resume Sample 6
- Successfully represented clients in complex Chapter 7, Chapter 11, and Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Handled adversary proceedings, preference actions, contested matters, and motions to dismiss.
- Won court approval of numerous plans of reorganization and settlements.
- Recovered over $10 million for clients in confirmed bankruptcy cases.
- Rated as a leading bankruptcy attorney by Chambers USA and The Best Lawyers in America.
Bankruptcy Attorney Resume Sample 7
- Provided superior representation for clients in Chapter 7, 11, and 13 cases.
- Adversely influenced proceedings during adversary proceedings by presenting accurate information to the Court.
- Presented motions before the Bankruptcy Judge on behalf of clients; succeeded in all requests.
- Established positive rapport with various governmental agencies; successfully facilitated some debt repayment plan approvals.
- Resolved issues involving bankruptcy fraud; assisted investigative units of the Office of Inspector-General, U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Bankruptcy Attorney Resume Sample 8
- Successfully represented clients in complex Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceedings, achieving positive outcomes for over 85% of cases.
- Proven ability to quickly grasp intricate legal concepts and effectively communicate them to clients.
- Demonstrated skill in developing creative solutions to difficult legal problems.
- Strong record of accomplishment in court, having obtained favorable judgments in numerous contested hearings.
- Recognized as a leader in the field, having been appointed to serve on the Board of Directors of the local chapter of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys.
Bankruptcy Attorney Resume Sample 9
- Handled more than 1,000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases during my time as an attorney.
- Achieved a 95% success rate in court for all the bankruptcy cases that I have handled.
- Successfully represented numerous clients in front of the United States Trustee in order to keep their homes and businesses.
- Won multiple motions in front of various federal courts, which helped protect the rights of my clients.
- Negotiated settlements with various creditors on behalf of my clients, which resulted in significant financial savings for them.”
Bankruptcy Attorney Resume Sample 10
- Promoted to Senior Attorney at the age of 25 after successfully closing over 100 Chapter 7 bankruptcy cases.
- Recognized for outstanding performance and thorough understanding of bankruptcy procedures by clients, co-workers, and judges; awarded several merit increases.
- Proficient in all phases of Chapter 11 bankruptcy filings, including but not limited to hiring expert witnesses, researching case law, drafting complaints, motions, memorandums regarding asbestos litigation.
- Adept at negotiating settlements during mediation proceedings with retired Federal Magistrate Judges; recognized as one of the top mediators in the State through demonstrated success rate.
- Selected by Four Partner Law Firm as Litigation Department Head; assumed increased responsibilities by managing litigation docket, approving expenditures, and serving as liaison with clients.
Bankruptcy Attorney Resume Sample 11
- Managed 2.5 million dollar bankruptcy practice with a staff of more than 60 employees and 20 active attorneys.
- Provided personnel management for extensive department with 35 lawyers in multiple states; restructured office to realize increased productivity and cost savings.
- Reduced employee turnover by 50% during my fifteen months with the company; recognized by peers as one of the best new managers.
- Promoted to senior partner with the organization in recognition of exceptional leadership, negotiation, and organizational skills; earned top 10% in annual billable hours within firm (top 5%: 3-9 years).
- Advocated for consumer rights across all facets of law including debt collection defense, credit reporting inaccuracies, and personal bankruptcy.
Bankruptcy Attorney Resume Sample 12
- Wrote, edited, and submitted to the court pleadings in bankruptcy cases representing over 100 clients.
- Delivered favorable outcomes for clients by scrutinizing petitions, schedules, statements of affairs, proposed plans of reorganization or liquidation, and legal claims.
- Authored articles underlined by scholarly research that were published in professional law journals.
- Directed the amendment of all case records in accordance with new amendments made to Bankruptcy Code guidelines after 2001 revisions; recognized for excellence by Supervisory Attorney.
- Championed novel causes through application for trial de novo against established rulings; resolved appeals involving issues relating to dischargeability of student loans, non-dischargeable debt, and homestead claims.
Bankruptcy Attorney Resume Sample 13
- Handled more than 200 bankruptcy filings in less than six months, with a 100% successful completion rate.
- Negotiated settlements with large national retailer to avoid potential litigation resulting from alleged unlawful credit sales practices.
- Resolved multiple issues during Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings by coordinating document preparation and hearings among creditors, debtors, trustees, real estate agents, and others.
- Led multi-national team of attorneys in planning for five cases within 18 months; supervised the research of trial strategies including collection efforts, asset seizure procedures, objection timing and procedures, evidentiary matters before judges and juries, etc., to prepare client’s best defense.
- Collaborated with community leaders to develop and present a Continuing Legal Education seminar on the topics of bankruptcy law and practice.
Working as Bankruptcy Attorney requires at least Bachelor’s degree in law and other related certificates like J.D and ABI. Bankruptcy Attorneys must demonstrate high legal skill, presentation skills, public speaking skills, litigation and transaction skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to negotiate and analytical skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.